Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by McGraw)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6169186.stm

^charming.

So... with Collingwood booking himself in the team for at least the next year, and Bell's solid performances, who gets dropped in the top 6 when Trescothick comes back next Summer? Are we going to play 4 bowlers?
    Probably Cook, I'd say...unless he pulls his finger out.

(Original post by McGraw)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6169186.stm

^charming.

So... with Collingwood booking himself in the team for at least the next year, and Bell's solid performances, who gets dropped in the top 6 when Trescothick comes back next Summer? Are we going to play 4 bowlers?
    I'd say if, not when, Tresco is back. Also, Cook. Easily.

Anyway, YEY!!! Gooooo England.

(Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'd say if, not when, Tresco is back. Also, Cook. Easily.

Anyway, YEY!!! Gooooo England.
    I'd say who to drop when Vaughan comes back in is more likely...

(Original post by alasdair_R)
    True, and where Vaughan should go... open with him? He tends to do better at 3, but then Bell opens? Hmm. Don't need to think about that yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasdair_R)
    Yeah simple as, trescothick shouldnt play international cricket again.

Vaughan as opener?

(Original post by benisright)
    Vaughan as opener?
    He doesn't do as well as an opener as he does futhur down... but I guess he would need to.

ReputationRep:
    Well Cook and Strauss have been the only repeatedly disappointing batsmen.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but give them a few games and i'm sure they'll find form too. But yeah i agree. Drop cook if anyone. I can't believe last night i told myself i'd watch collingwood get his ton then go to bed. I watched the whole thing!

Strauss especially is bound to get a nice total at some stage. He has been on good form, he just keeps gifting his wicket away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benisright)
    Well Cook and Strauss have been the only repeatedly disappointing batsmen.
    jones...

ReputationRep:
    jones is there because he is giving some side payments to fletcher....

any sensible person would have had read given his good performances against pakistan both in front of and behind the wicket.

ReputationRep:
    I think it shows how poor a coach when picking players fletcher actually is - had the ashes been in England I have a feeling Read would be playing, Harmy would've been dropped after the first test and Monty would have come in, if not having started anyway.

This home:away policy of selectors and coach picking respectively clearly doesn't work if the coach isn't picking the best players, just those he presumes to be the best.

Waah! My Dad's Slingbox has broken, so I can't watch it tonight...

ReputationRep:
    http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausve...ch/249223.html

Oh, and, Hoggie just had hayden caught behind

(Original post by a fire in the sky)
    http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausve...ch/249223.html

Oh, and, Hoggie just had hayden caught behind
    I know. I guess at least this means I get to indulge in a little TMS, which I don't get enough of...

ReputationRep:
    I prefer TMS to david lloyd any day...even if he does have video.

I prefer TMS to david lloyd any day...even if he does have video.
    Meh...I have to pay too much attention to TMS. I enjoy it when it's not going on 3AM, but in the middle of the night...

ReputationRep:
    hmm...thats true.

Sky commentry generally has a terrible team though...and the TMS banter is irreplaceable - all they need to add to the mix is a bit of Benaut and we'd be sorted.

hmm...thats true.

Sky commentry generally has a terrible team though...and the TMS banter is irreplaceable - all they need to add to the mix is a bit of Benaut and we'd be sorted.
    I know what you mean - I hear there are people who listen to TMS and watch the TV with the sound down, but whenever I've tried that it's never really synchronised, even over the airwaves. And when both my TV and my radio is coming over the internet, I'm not even going to try.

ReputationRep:
    I have a digital radio...so I assume that would work with a combination of the two...but sadly I cant afford sky, so there is no way of finding out!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.