Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially because - yet again - we don't have Monty who would love bowling on this pitch (by the sound of the trouble Warne's causing). If they end up needing 170 and bat from just before tea we're potentially buggered given our slightly iffy bowling attack. Hoggard, as good as he was, will struggle on this and Flintoff might still be out. The only positive is that the Aussies won't want to risk too much big hitting. We need to leave them with a chase in the corridor of uncertainty (to misquote Boycott!)

ReputationRep:
    I dont know...I think England should be concentrating on the draw - since we cant afford to lose this game, where as the Aus can afford to.

In order to get a chance of winning we need to secure a draw first, and then hope the pitch is broken up enough for our quicks to make the break throughs, although it does sound like its all warne.

Oh - flintoff out now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they have to concentrate on a draw now. It was a vague hope that they might win earlier on today, but now I'd give anything for a draw. You're right though, they can afford to risk more and go for any total we set. God and another runout almost. What are they playing at???!

ReputationRep:
    well...that almost run out was jones being useless by sounds of it.

I hope hoggy hits a century - seems he and collingwood are the only ones who can play cricket

ReputationRep:
    Well this is going to be very, very close...poor batting yet again, really need to improve quickly as there have been too many mistakes this series.

Now on 107-8 - Collingwood and Harmison at the crease...

ReputationRep:
    we're f**ked - pure and simple.

ReputationRep:
    Harmison gone.

Collingwood's got to get some quick runs before Anderson goes....

ReputationRep:
    exactly what I was thinking...Anderson cannot bat to save his life, hence they need to add a quick 20 runs at least before they lose his wicket.

ReputationRep:
    So the wicketkeeper picked for his batting scores 1 and 10, while the spinner picked for his fielding and batting drops the Aussie captain and scores a duck. Mr Fletcher has some questions to answer.

This is a collapse that a '90s England side would be proud of. Athers must be teary eyed with nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    Tuffers would've done a better job...

ReputationRep:
    42 overs still to go with a lead of 158 runs.

Somehow if we can last for another 10 overs, we could salvage a draw.

Either that or add another 20 runs...

ReputationRep:
    Collingwood survives a dropped catch and then promptly smacks a boundary on the following ball!

COME ON ENGLAND!

129-9 - a lead of 167 - 36 overs left....

ReputationRep:
    all gone....Hayden and Langer will come out smashing the ball all over the shop.

ReputationRep:
    Ah just as I post - Anderson is out.

England all out for 129 - batting collapse complete - well done Collingwood again for keeping it going.

Oz need 168 from 36 overs after tea to win...England need to get their bowling spot on now....

ReputationRep:
    Hayden and Langer are BOTH back in the dressing room. At one point I thought Aus would turn this into an ODI, but two quick wickets by the English bowlers, and things have settled down. Looks likes this ones a draw.

Unless Ponting rubs off his magic on some of the other players, and Gilchrist plays one of his typical innings.

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious. Pak V Windies match called off due to an 'unfit ground'!

ReputationRep:
    Ironic how the dominating team over the past 4 days had no chance on winning today!

ReputationRep:
    They DO, but only if they take this game as any other.... bat for sometime, see how the ball behaves, and then play their natural game.

They have the talent, and they have the shots. Heck, even Warne and Lee can smack the ball!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    They DO, but only if they take this game as any other.... bat for sometime, see how the ball behaves, and then play their natural game.

They have the talent, and they have the shots. Heck, even Warne and Lee can smack the ball!
    Dominatin team as in England not Australia! But Aussies will win for def unless Giles can get a 6fer! :rolleyes: Which is as likely as Charlton winning the premiership!

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I thought you were talking about Aus :p:

Well, just 110 more runs to go. 8 wickets in hand. Australia have won this... I think.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.