Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    I do believe that was 3-0 against pakistan

But yeah. He's been good, but he's drastically fallen out of favour with the public because of some atrocious decisions. I'd say get rid of him too.
    well....the oval result is a bit controversial so 2-0....

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Yeah that's what it should be. But statistics can be cruel. For example, jason gillespies high score is greater than Mark waugh's...

ReputationRep:
    0-2 Pakistan (a)
    1-1 India (a)
    1-1 Sri Lanka (h)
    3-0 Pakistan (h)
    0-3* Australia (a)

Quite poor reading.

I'm sick of reading about the last ashes and how good that was. Its 18 months on from there and we've done nothing of note. We've beaten a Pakistan side without their three best bowlers at home.

I think we need a rethink of our strategy for our first test of next summer. Its interesting that our only winning series has seen us play with 4 bowlers and also saw us captained by Strauss.

(Original post by King Of Leon)
    0-2 Pakistan (a)
    1-1 India (a)
    1-1 Sri Lanka (h)
    3-0 Pakistan (h)
    0-3* Australia (a)

Quite poor reading.

I'm sick of reading about the last ashes and how good that was. Its 18 months on from there and we've done nothing of note. We've beaten a Pakistan side without their three best bowlers at home.

I think we need a rethink of our strategy for our first test of next summer. Its interesting that our only winning series has seen us play with 4 bowlers and also saw us captained by Strauss.
    To be fair Pakistan could easily have been 1-1 which would be good, as is India, and SL should have been a voctory. We played better than the results indicate. But I would definitely have done a lot of things differently e.g. Strauss captain, Read wickie, Monty etc... I think most would (except the captain thing, hate to say I told you so guys...) so Fletcher needs to go. You can't have favourites, you need to pick the best team!

ReputationRep:
    Well they weren't.

And the third match doesn't REALLY count as a win for England (h, next series).

ReputationRep:
    fletcher doesnt need to go, he just needs to not be a selector and that system needs to change.

the people that performed? strauss, cook, bell, collingwood, pieterson, monty and hoggard. Those are the only people that played well this series and the only ones that werent injured this year. i.e. the ones fletcher worked with to get fully fit.

Fletcher as a coach is easily one of the best in the world. As a selector though, hes been awful.

ReputationRep:
    He DOES need to go.
    In my opinion hes a fat Zimbabwian whos reaping the rewards of working for the ECB.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you edit those comments otherwise you might get a warning...

ReputationRep:
    why? he IS fat and he IS zimbabwean.

At least a link wasnt made between him being from zimbabwe and not playing the asian players til the 3rd test

He shouldnt go though, he should remain as coach and step down as selector. That process no longer involving the captain or players either.

(Original post by benisright)
    why? he IS fat and he IS zimbabwean.

At least a link wasnt made between him being from zimbabwe and not playing the asian players til the 3rd test

He shouldnt go though, he should remain as coach and step down as selector. That process no longer involving the captain or players either.
    He does seem to love Mahmood though, using him in ODI's I'd have dropped him for..

ReputationRep:
    The main problem with selection is that we picked players who hadnt played country cricket for months and months, let alone test. We made the same mistake 4 years ago. The team should have been the same one we had against pakistan!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest no matter how many changes, who should have played who shouldn't have played, I still think the results of the ashes would have been the same 3-0. Currently aussies are unbeatable, espescially at home!

ReputationRep:
    and also agree with King of Leon about being sick of reading how good England were 18 months ago, it's like people are STILL living of that, like some footie fans who still live of the fact England won the world cup in 1966!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Paul Nixon for England!

ReputationRep:
    http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/cbs/c...ry/273561.html

ah well.

Edit: C'mon tremlett!

(Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/cbs/c...ry/273561.html

ah well.

Edit: C'mon tremlett!
    I think "ah well" speaks for us all.

ReputationRep:
    :dito: that....

ReputationRep:
    Warne-y and McGrath retiring too before the world cup!!!! altho they were legends...tis good news for other teams competing

ReputationRep:
    panesar in the one day squad!!

me going to st vincent to watch the warm up match england vs aus...means i should get to meet him

ReputationRep:
    To let me sum up briefly -

Warney & Mc Grath retireing - sad cus it really will not b the same and I have really not seen anyone spin the ball as much as warne. However as much as I agree that they are a gem to their side I dont think it will make Austrailia that much of a weaker side.

Geraint Jones- as painful as it was, it really was only a matter of time:rolleyes:

Harmison- focusing on test match cricket is probably for the best.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.