Turn on thread page Beta

No offense to the Scots here, but even England would thump them. They really are poor. English counties tend to beat them convincingly.

ReputationRep:
    On Solanki, I still think he's a decent ODI player (and couldn't do worse than the current lot, especially since Tresco is a big loss).

ReputationRep:
    Agreed! I don't know whats everyones gots against him.
    Solanki has played some really well crafted innings, not to forget hes an excellent fielder...

(Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    Agreed! I don't know whats everyones gots against him.
    Solanki has played some really well crafted innings, not to forget hes an excellent fielder...
    He hasn't done well at international level... how can you criticise a 36 at a run a ball and then turn around and say Solanki has done well, when hes in fact been crap?

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: He is, and deserves to stay a county cricket player.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Loye is crap, but he is 34 so not much left at this level - and Solanki has more years in him imo. He hasn't been brilliant at the highest level but I reckon he still has a lot to offer to the ODI side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    Ok. I don't particularly want the windies to win this game, but watching this type of cricket just depresses me. It's like watching england bat. They have a (small) total to chase, get behind the rate and just don't bother to score, and they get out in the process. They've dug a whole for themselves against bowling that's not even been that good.

This is my last post in this thread today because watching this type of batting just depresses me
    with regard to getting behind the rate, did you see the turn that pitch was giving? Even Sachin was spinning it square and it was a complete minefield as someone put it. They lost early wickets so Chanderpaul dug in, but it wasn't negative cricket. I thought the match wasn't that bad in the end. The first ODI was a run fest and quite close, this one provided a different type of entertainment. But such pitches shouldn't be served up - somewhere in the middle would be ideal.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fair enough. The Pitch did look as though it was turning pretty badly. The thing is, it seemed like the were batting negatively. After gayle got out, smith and chanderpaul allowed many deliveries to go through to the keeper. At such a stage I didn't think it was the smartest thing to do. I mean look how much they could have done with those balls at the end of the innings!

I quite enjoyed watching the run-fest the other day. Tbh the pitch did look like an absolute flat slab of concrete though!

ReputationRep:
    Can we stop complaining about age...the world cup is THIS year, not in 3 years. If someone is 34 now, they will still be 34 by the world cup. Stop trying to "build" a team and lets cut our losses and just accept we need the best 11 english cricketers out there

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Loye is one of the best 11 cricketers in England tbh...

ReputationRep:
    For one day cricket I definately think he is.

Slog sweeps for the win!

ReputationRep:
    Defo! Anyone watching the game tonight? starts at about half 3 in the morning. I'll probably get up, watch the start, then go back to bed for a while and get up at about 8 (by which time england have all but lost)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Slog sweeps for the win!
    Miandad invented it, Moin Khan made it popular (in the 1992 WC) and Inzy perfected it. :cool:

(Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    Defo! Anyone watching the game tonight? starts at about half 3 in the morning. I'll probably get up, watch the start, then go back to bed for a while and get up at about 8 (by which time england have all but lost)
    Not worth staying up for... may see highlights tomorrow!

(Original post by socrates)
    Miandad invented it, Moin Khan made it popular (in the 1992 WC) and Inzy perfected it.
    That's not how you spell Monty!

ReputationRep:
    Not worth staying up for... may see lowlights tomorrow!
    corrected

ReputationRep:
    That's not how you spell Monty!
    Inzy was playing it before Monty was old enough to hold a bat!

(Original post by Socrates)
    Inzy was playing it before Monty was old enough to hold a bat!
    Playing, not perfecting. Monty makes Inzy/Tendulkar/Bradman look like... me!

ReputationRep:
    Ben. you're cute. Monty's only recently learnt how to bat. Comparing him to anyone is a bit early. Just slightly.

(Original post by Socrates)
    Ben. you're cute. Monty's only recently learnt how to bat. Comparing him to anyone is a bit early. Just slightly.
    Well there MAY have been a HINT or sarcasm in my posts which was missed. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.