Any matches today?

ReputationRep:
    England all out for 110!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    England all out for 110!

:rofl:
    I think I'm going to emigrate, get Zlobodanian nationality or something. It's just too humiliating to be a cricket fan and English. Tbh, I reckon they should bring the whole squad home right now, sack the lot of them and send a completely new (and properly-prepared) squad to the WC. Since any team can only do worse than the current team on purely mathematical grounds and a new team could plead inexperience, it's got to be more viable than sending our current crop of overpaid embarrasing slackers.

ReputationRep:
    omg. I got up, watched england get to about 50-1 (albeit slowly as always :rolleyes:), then went to bed. Get up and it's happened AGAIN! I really don't know what to say any more. Some of the guys got out with stupid shots, but I dont think that should gloss over the fact that they were still batting really slowly (apart from loye and bell). Collingwood got 3 from 17 balls i think, then still got out. I really think he either shouldnt be playing, or should bat further down the order after all the powerplays and stuff are over.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan 118/6 :eek:

Yousuf is holding it all together at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    Yousuf's playing unbelievably well. It's a shame everyone else has been so poor. Well Bowled kallis :confused:

ReputationRep:
    157 ao :eek:

Shocking stuff, but well played Yousuf - 83 off 89 balls

(Original post by Socrates)
    157 ao :eek:

Shocking stuff, but well played Yousuf - 83 off 89 balls
    Yeah, it's a shame nobody would stay with him. The tail going for all these massive drives? At least wait until Yousuf reaches his century ffs, it's just not cricket!

Will be interesting to see what the response is though, I can't imagine a HUGE total with the likes of Asif bowling at them, but they should aim for at least a lead of 100...

ReputationRep:
    Just sends Notts over. Im sure they could do a better job, and we'd still have Monty!

What a catch by Inzy! :eek:

SA set to make a lead, but not a substancial one, so Pakistan aren't out of this yet. Though with these low totals we're set for a result instead of a draw, and SA must be favourites still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    omg. I got up, watched england get to about 50-1 (albeit slowly as always :rolleyes:), then went to bed. Get up and it's happened AGAIN! I really don't know what to say any more.
    All I can think of saying is that we should send the cricketers to the rugby WC this year and send the rugby squad to the West Indies. That should significantly improve our chances in both WCs and would have the added benefit that both squads would return so badly crocked that the selectors would be forced to bin most of them and start from scratch. I mean, the majority of the squad going out to the WC will be there on the strength of the experience they can bring to the team. After our performance in Oz, surely experience is a handicap?

I reckon they should give me a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I reckon they should give me a go.
    Well, at the risk of agreeing with a potential Barf supporter (:fight: out, Satan, out ;shoot; ), I reckon you and me between us could put together a bigger total than all 11 of that shower we've got out there.

(Original post by kingsholmmad)
    Well, at the risk of agreeing with a potential Barf supporter (:fight: out, Satan, out ;shoot; ), I reckon you and me between us could put together a bigger total than all 11 of that shower we've got out there.
    Y'mean rugby? I'm afraid I am Bath born and bred, through and through. I can hear the cheers from their stadium when we win matches. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Five down SA. Pak should hold them back...

(Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    Five down SA. Pak should hold them back...
    100 lead? Like I predicted? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    They may do, but nothing can gloss over the fact that pakistan batted crap today (even though this thread may not ever seem to admit it) Well bowled SA, well batted yousuf, and well bowled pakistan in the end to keep SA within reach. Advantage SA today.

ReputationRep:
    A lead of 50 by SA would be interesting.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.