Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Still awake at this ridiculous hour

and england arent losing yet. Deciding not to break the link of cricket members sleeping and waking up to england losing. I want to see (hear) the collapse this time

ReputationRep:
    joyce has a hundred. england live in hope.

ReputationRep:
    I must say, well played England. On a batting pitch :hmpf:
    3 more overs to go.

257-5

ReputationRep:
    Wicket first ball! What a beauty by Plunkett!

ReputationRep:
    Now this is more like it!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody 'ell, what happened?:eek: England batted right through their 50 overs, Oz two down after two overs, wait, three down after 13 overs. Bizarre, did we suddenly fly out a different squad overnight? I mean (cue 'Steanders accent) woss gahin on?:eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Finally, England are playing well again!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if this tour has proved nothing else, it has certainly proved that having 11 good players is not the same as having a team. And being the eternal optimist, I still think we can get at least one win in the WC.

Trouble is, I smell a rat. Monty finishes with pretty ornery figures, Freddie's bowling is a bit wayward and we still beat them by 92 runs. Forgive my cynicism but were Oz playing in the hope that they would face us rather than NZ in the final?

ReputationRep:
    You can forget about the WC. One match can't determine that! :rofl:

You mean to say that England is better than Australia? No ways, dude. Oz is OZ! :cool:

This match is as good as Englands. Instead of boasting about this win, you should be thanking your god(s) that you atleast managed to pull one off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    You mean to say that England is better than Australia? No ways, dude. Oz is OZ! :cool:

This match is as good as Englands. Instead of boasting about this win, you should be thanking your god(s) that you atleast managed to pull one off!
    That's what I mean: I don't think we did manage to pull one off, I think the Aussies threw it away. I mean, if you had to choose whether to face the Kiwis or us in the final, would you really choose the Kiwis? No, you'd let us win a match and hope that we beat the Kiwis.

I like it when we win, I don't like it when we win like this.

ReputationRep:
    Politics? :p:

If it were the case, then NZ and Ozs are arch enemies! THAT would sell more tickets.
    I couldn't decide at first, but England played well today. I say that, coz one ball was a beauty, and the other a wide... followed by a no ball. Then another beauty... crap.

ReputationRep:
    If it were the case, then NZ and Ozs are arch enemies! THAT would sell more tickets.
    I appreciate that you're not suggesting Oz and England are all loveyed-up but are you really suggesting that the Ozzies would balk at the chance of seeing a good Pommy-whipping?
    I couldn't decide at first, but England played well today. I say that, coz one ball was a beauty, and the other a wide... followed by a no ball. Then another beauty... crap.
    They've humiliated us right through the Ashes and the ODIs and, in the one match where it serves their purpose to lose, they lose. Pardon my cynicism but, to me, it stinks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I see your point...
    Anyways, England has to win against NZ too to reach the final... and I think they will!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly - the Australian team would much rather finish with an unbeaten record. Considering they believe they can beat anyone whenever they want, which isn't far from the truth, they wont care who they face.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. Thats what I thought. But the topic shifted to politics.. which when combined with Cricket makes no sense at all!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, 'taint about politics; it's about the likelihood of a team that, as you say can beat anyone in the world right now, collapsing to a 90-odd run hammering against opposition they've beaten again and again. If they'd wanted to win today, they would have won.

ReputationRep:
    But England did play very well. Better than thay have played since the Sri Lanka hammering...

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, at least that's two victories we've got now. I think I'd rather we came home without having to play the finals and give ourselves more time to prepare for the WC but if we were to win the finals that would probably be better preparation than anything we could do at home.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Thats the best!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, we finally won the match. People might say that the Aussies dropped Joyce or whatever, but I seem to remember England missing at least 2 easy chances to get Aussie players out.
    Well played england

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.