Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Well if they play England now, atleast it will be a close game.... :p:

(Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    Yup. Well if they play England now, atleast it will be a close game.... :p:
    Yeah because you THRASHED us in the one day series. 2-2, oh nosies!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. Just like we thrashed you when you guys came to Pakistan!
    And we're gonna do it again in the WC

ReputationRep:
    ah the fighting talk begins already...bring on the matches that will settle all debates...

ReputationRep:
    *waiting* to see what happens! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saasmi)
    *waiting* to see what happens! :ninja:
    Trouble is, what happens usually ain't quite what I'd reckoned on. The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that we've really got a chance this time when I really should know better. I mean, in the 3 big sports in this country we've won 2 world cups in 40 years and neither of them were in the cricket. That should be telling me something but, typical English supporter that I am, I remain eternally, illogically, unjustifiably optimistic

(Original post by kingsholmmad)
    Trouble is, what happens usually ain't quite what I'd reckoned on. The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that we've really got a chance this time when I really should know better. I mean, in the 3 big sports in this country we've won 2 world cups in 40 years and neither of them were in the cricket. That should be telling me something but, typical English supporter that I am, I remain eternally, illogically, unjustifiably optimistic
    Hell yea. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Same here for Pakistan... although I KNOW they will be out early.
    England FTW! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Same here for Pakistan... although I KNOW they will be out early.
    England FTW! :cool:
    NO! i wanna still keep my hopes up! ;yes;

and NewZealand FTW!

ReputationRep:
    its India all the way

ReputationRep:
    keep your hopes up too bro ..

but on what grounds do you say india?!

ReputationRep:

well i think the batting looks really good at the moment, in robin uthappa they have a real talent at the top of the order and ganguly looks as determined as ever. the bowling also looks good...munaf patel, zaheer khan, agarkar and sreesanth is the best seam attack india have had in a while. the fielding may be a problem but with yuvraj back in the side thats a big plus. on paper i would say india are one of the favourites...i just hope they can deliver when they need to!

ReputationRep:

pretty simple. if yuvraj and dhoni fire the cup is ours. and Tendulkar is always among the WC runs.

ReputationRep:
    If they don't?
    Come you don't expect them to 'fire' in ALL the matches! :laugh:

If they don't?
    Come you don't expect them to 'fire' in ALL the matches! :laugh:
    A pakistan fan is the last person who should be commenting on hit and miss players!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    well i think the batting looks really good at the moment, in robin uthappa they have a real talent at the top of the order and ganguly looks as determined as ever. the bowling also looks good...munaf patel, zaheer khan, agarkar and sreesanth is the best seam attack india have had in a while. the fielding may be a problem but with yuvraj back in the side thats a big plus. on paper i would say india are one of the favourites...i just hope they can deliver when they need to!
    I agree bro!!! india fielding has improved lately though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    I agree bro!!! india fielding has improved lately though!!!
    yeah it has and aslong as they get the right guys in the right positions on the field it should be fine...i just want the WC to start now i really cant wait...warm up games start tomorrow though so i guess its kinda starting lol!

ReputationRep:
    Same here!!! i cant wait till it starts!!! Its going to be one of the best world cup tournaments in the history of cricket!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    Same here!!! i cant wait till it starts!!! Its going to be one of the best world cup tournaments in the history of cricket!!!
    lets hope so...its been built up as the closest and most open for ages...i hope it lives up to that...or i hope india win every game convincingly and rule international cricket for the next 10 years (i wish!!!) lol!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.