Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WI for WC champs?
    errrrrrm :p:

ReputationRep:
    ahhh well there go west indies chances lol...convincing win for india...shame sehwag just cant score anymore! its looking good for india though...shame that their match isnt till next saturday!

ReputationRep:
    looks as though england are about to lose.

What's the difference between the teams? not the bowling. that seems pretty similar. Its the fact that australia look for boundaries right through the game. England went a period of about 13 overs without a boundary. It's f ****** bolox. when will they ever learn. You can't post a big total tapping it around.

I still say drop collingwood. He's the main culprit.

Good to see vaughan batting well. He looked good taking it to johnson & mcgrath.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if this game is an indicator of how important spin will be in the world cup. Hogg, Panesar and JD have outstanding figures!

I'm not generally a fan of Collingwood either but you can't drop him after his recent return in one day games, I also think that although hes naturally a quite defensive player he can put his foot on the gas if need be. I think our main problem is the top 3, all too pedestrian and they don't fully exploit the power plays like Gilchrist, Jayasuiraya or Gayle do for their countries. We're missing Trescothick in that sense and it was a big surprise we didn't go for Loye to fill the void.

I have to say I haven't been that impressed by Joyce.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah couldn't agree more. I can't help but feel we're missing a trick when we don't go for our shots at the top of the innings.

Ok fair enough you can't drop colly given his recent form. But in australia the boundaries we're huge, so it suited his game of tapping it and running hard. It seems like a different kind of style that's needed over in the windies. The boundaries are short and I fear that this will suit the strengths of the big hitters in other teams that we just dont have i.e. Dhoni, gilchrist, jayasuriya, sehwag, gayle, oram etc

I was also really stunned why loye wasn't picked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Of Leon)
    I have to say I haven't been that impressed by Joyce.
    i agree...i know he made a century in the series in aus but still he fails more than he does anything else!

i must say i dont fancy englands chances...no offence...but there is just something missing from their side that i cant put my finger on...i hope they do well though :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    i agree...i know he made a century in the series in aus but still he fails more than he does anything else!

i must say i dont fancy englands chances...no offence...but there is just something missing from their side that i cant put my finger on...i hope they do well though :smile:
    star players? a good coach?
    I mean Panesar was picked late and only because he had to be and now he's like their best player :p:
    sometimes the England players get hyped far too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    sometimes the England players get hyped far too much?
    well yeah maybe but look at the india team...they get hyped way 2 much and when they fail the whole country lets them know...england dont get hyped up half as much as some other teams...i just dont think they are good enough lol!

ReputationRep:
    England aren't hyped. Its just that no one believes in them - and so I think they find it hard to believe in themselves when it comes down to a tight scrap. Pieterson is the biggest matchwinner (Eng's last match of Champions Trophy for example).

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan win their second game in a row my creaming South Africa by 7 wickets.

Whos your daddy? ;danceboy;

Give us one good day, I tell you, and we walk away with the cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])

We're unexpected ;yes;

:banana:

ReputationRep:
    Just like in 1992. The chips were down; but the Pakistanis are most dangerous when backed up against a wall!
    Umer Gul is going to play a big part... mark my words.

ReputationRep:
    Just like in 1992. The chips were down; but the Pakistanis are most dangerous when backed up against a wall!
    Umer Gul is going to play a big part... mark my words.
    hopefully.

marked.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Pakistani power!

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Pakistani power!
    ;yes;

:bban:

ReputationRep:

you'll need an awful lot of good days to dream of making the final. pakistan isn't the sort of team to build a run of victories since unpredictability is their forte. still, good to see SA losing now and then

ReputationRep:
    And we'll have an awful lot. Don't you worry ;yes;
    It doesn't matter whether we win or not. Its how well we do in the tournament with a crappy team.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else fancy a bit of fantasy action for the world cup? Get a tsr mini-league going somewhere.

p.s., cricinfo charging a fiver is a disgrace...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'd join in.

ReputationRep:
    ^^Same

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.