Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well...i agree to a certain extent...but right now...the rankings...they really do spell something else. lol. oh wait no...the rankings are not reliable haha. we're (as in pakistan) are higher than a lot of countries which i'm sure will defeat us due to the absence of many good (yet hot blooded) players. lol.

oh and the polls will obviously favor the subcontinent. hahahaha...it's what..a population of over a billion versus ---a few million scattered here and there? :p:

i do wish that some subcontinent team wins this time though...i'm sick of seeing AUS taking the cup home. haha.

(Original post by Ramsha)
    well...i agree to a certain extent...but right now...the rankings...they really do spell something else. lol. oh wait no...the rankings are not reliable haha. we're (as in pakistan) are higher than a lot of countries which i'm sure will defeat us due to the absence of many good (yet hot blooded) players. lol.

oh and the polls will obviously favor the subcontinent. hahahaha...it's what..a population of over a billion versus ---a few million scattered here and there? :p:

i do wish that some subcontinent team wins this time though...i'm sick of seeing AUS taking the cup home. haha.
    It's who do you think will win poll. Not who do you WANT to win, or I'd have obviously voted England... and this IS an English forum, with bits and bobs from elsewhere...

Never rule out Aussies/SA obviously, but it's too boring to say them. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    hahah ok..so to be different...i'm going to say...

Go Canada!

hahahaha. i swear...if they win...hahahahhaha...the face of cricket will be changed forever. hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    btw...where is this poll? i want to take part!

btw...where is this poll? i want to take part!
    It'll be on the first page of the sport forum somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    Right, who plays today!

ReputationRep:
    That just means more points for moi ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks...i just went and voted for SA...the traitor that i am :p:

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?

It's Bermuda vs Sri Lanka, then two crap teams (Zimbabwe and somebody else.)

So basically everyones waiting on their Sri Lankans to do well. Which for me is Tharanga and Sangakkara, with the latter being my captain and getting double points!

*kinda wishes he chose Murli too over Kumble or Vettori*

Hope Sangakkara gets a chance to bat, he's number 3 isn't he? Even Bermuda should take one wicket at least, hopefully not Tharanga though!

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bermuda...?? i didn't even know they had a cricket team! a little oblivious, i am.

ReputationRep:
    And you go against us. Traitor! :eviltongu

:p:

Ben, Jayasuriya is gonna open and get a chance at bowling! Woho, more points!

ReputationRep:
    Haha...like tis_me_lord said 'its who do u think will win...not WANT'..hahaha...im using my mind...cmon...obviously i'd want pk to win:p:

but u do realise the scales against us are outweighed...

Bermuda...?? i didn't even know they had a cricket team! a little oblivious, i am.
    They had that warm up against England, 19 stone left arm spinner? ...

And Ayaz, I have two players including a captain, SURELY today I will get more points than you. Jayasuriya is more than capable of getting out early because he's so attacking, so hopefully that'll happen then Tharanga and Sangakkara will bat out the rest of the innings and 80+ s/r. :cool:

Then like I said, the openers may skittle Bermuda before spinners are needed, especially as Jayasuriya is the second choice behind Murli (who would be able to get a Bermuda player out with any ball, surely, even England got them out in the 40's!)

ReputationRep:
    Yup. But hopes up. I wanna see Pak in the Super 8s. Then they can go home :p:

But till then, Pakistan, hamrae jaan....etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    They had that warm up against England, 19 stone left arm spinner? ...

And Ayaz, I have two players including a captain, SURELY today I will get more points than you. Jayasuriya is more than capable of getting out early because he's so attacking, so hopefully that'll happen then Tharanga and Sangakkara will bat out the rest of the innings and 80+ s/r. :cool:

Then like I said, the openers may skittle Bermuda before spinners are needed, especially as Jayasuriya is the second choice behind Murli (who would be able to get a Bermuda player out with any ball, surely, even England got them out in the 40's!)
    God damn it, I hate it when you make sense :hmpf:
    I have 370 points...
    *checks Bens points*

Woot! No way you gonna catch me! :p:

ReputationRep:
    hahaha yea everyones hopin for Pk to make it to the semi-finals..but the way they played...hmmm...i swr..inzi n yousuf were soooo slow..nazir disappointed...and errr our bowlers aren't even there...the new guy..wuts his name..rao...he was decent...but yeah..imagine we lose against zimbabwe! or ireland! hahaha. it's bad as it is that if we do go on the next round...we're gna be going without any points.

ReputationRep:
    Well, lets make it to the Quarters atleast!
    And Rao is not new....

Inzy slow? He can get 80 runs in 30 odd balls when he's allowed to. Pakistan lack good openers which is why they're worse than the other two big sub continent sides. With Asif and Shoiab back your bowlings fine, so is the middle order obviously. Akmal is pretty crap though...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.