Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully England and India will bounce back but I just wanted to say well done Ireland what a fantastic victory!!!

And also:

BYE BYE PAKISTAN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    god this is tiresome. I think they've taken the one run per over thing far too literally :yawn:
    Mate, I've noticed you are a tad obsessed with run rates and strike rates. The whole point of slowing down the pace/consolidating it so minimise risk and preserve wickets, be it because the pitch is dodgy or you've lost early wickets. If you've got many overs to chase a small total, why not use the best part of them if it allows you to preserve wickets? Not every team is loaded with players like Ponting etc. who can score relatively quickly without considerable risk.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo Bangladesh
    (bit delayed but i was at work)
    amazing really how it was 3 youngers who got half centuries and not the experianced players!
    imagine if they get some form too? :eek:
    Bdesh for WC winners!!

ReputationRep:
    Paki's need to take a serious look at themselves all the talk was about there bowling well tbh it was there batsmen who were abysmal i must say Younis Khan disappointed me the most. The dazzling big three (Inzi, Mohd Yousuf, Younis Khan) where made to look like the desperate two plus a potato! lool. Pakistan ranked as no.4 in the world lost to lets be honest part timers whose bread and butter is not cricket! Ireland bowled really well but in the past two games Paki's were let down by there batsmen not bowlers big time.

I think a lot of chopping and changing will happen Inzi will defo retire now i just can't see him staying there Woolmers contract never was going to be renewed so he will go Pak's loss as far as i am concerned saw an interview with him once where he said Inzi was the lead and he was just there for encouragement! Well thats not really a coach is it! Paks need to get sorted out all this controversy big ego's and apparent show of togetherness (lies damn lies) is not doing anyone any good. they should have got to the Super 8's they did not.

But not all is bad they have a few real good players back home but they need to get there openers sorted along with playing Danish! There only decent spinner. Asim Kamal must come back into the team.

Paki's lack direction and leadership they need to be changed all the way from the top! Bring in Imran Khan he has the respect of the players etc as PCB chairmen new skip would be Younis Khan Coach probably Miandad as i cannot see a strong minded decent coach who will put the players in the places available! and a host of new faces along with Kamran Akmal out! just has not happened for him. And consistency with the openers please!

Rant over.

Sri Lanka to win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Wooo Bangladesh
    (bit delayed but i was at work)
    amazing really how it was 3 youngers who got half centuries and not the experianced players!
    imagine if they get some form too? :eek:
    Bdesh for WC winners!!
    There opener the 17 yr old kid was amazing.

Why don't england Aussies, SA etc blood there teams with a few young 'uns?

Why is is always the sub-continent. For eg Afridi who is about 27ish has got over 200 Odi's atleast and that is less then Freddie who is of a similar age.

The kids hold no fear they are just happy to be there so they could well perform!

Btw England should play Bopara he gives firepower drop Dalrymple maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo Ireland won :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaW)
    There opener the 17 yr old kid was amazing.

Why don't england Aussies, SA etc blood there teams with a few young 'uns?

Why is is always the sub-continent. For eg Afridi who is about 27ish has got over 200 Odi's atleast and that is less then Freddie who is of a similar age.

The kids hold no fear they are just happy to be there so they could well perform!

Btw England should play Bopara he gives firepower drop Dalrymple maybe?
    Well i suppose a lot of youngsters in Aus/Eng/SA get to play in domestic leagues etc but not of the highest quality in countries like Bangladesh? not sure about India but im betting they dont blood as many players now, due to so much experiance..
    Countries like Bangladesh dont really have much choice... we dont exactly have a studded experianced line up to use anyway, so you get some 'experianced' guys maybe mid 20s but if theyre off form, might aswell go for in form guys, who just happen to be 17 :p:

My god the guy is younger than me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    All these subcontinent players are '17', err, yeah, i'll believe it when I see their birth certificate!

I think Ireland are pretty much through to the super 8s. I know its possible for Zimbabwe to beat either Pakistan or WI but its just not going to happen, is it. The final table will look like...
    WI - 6
    Ireland - 3
    Pakistan - 2
    Zimabwe - 1

Great cricket though to see two upsets in a day. What makes this sport the best there is...

ReputationRep:
    See you next time roflstan! And lollerdesh for the World Cup! Night everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    Mate, I've noticed you are a tad obsessed with run rates and strike rates. The whole point of slowing down the pace/consolidating it so minimise risk and preserve wickets, be it because the pitch is dodgy or you've lost early wickets. If you've got many overs to chase a small total, why not use the best part of them if it allows you to preserve wickets? Not every team is loaded with players like Ponting etc. who can score relatively quickly without considerable risk.
    Yep I admit I am obsessed. I've been destoryed ever since england went at less than one run per over on the final day of the second test against australia and went onto lose

I totally understand what you're saying. But I also look at it another way. Every so often a wicket taking ball will come along. There's nothing you can do about it (like iftkhar getting irelands 7th yesterday) The longer you scratch around the more target practice you give the bowler. Sometimes forcing the pace a little bit like that bangladesh batsman did yesterday can put a bowler off.

In other News, Come on England!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    See you next time roflstan! And lollerdesh for the World Cup! Night everyone.
    I wouldn't act so clever. It may only be Kenya and Canada, but did anyone seriously think PAkistan would be done by Ireland yesterday? And their players hadn't even been out on the lash!

ReputationRep:
    The games against Canada and Kenya don't seem that straight forward anymore! Kenya particulary have some half decent players so could be a banana skin.

We should win today though :ninja:

Pakistan out, I'm loving it

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I got 62 points from sehwag yesterday. 40 for 2 wickets, 20 for economy rate :eek: and 2 for his runs :eek: :eek:

I cant honestly believe how bad im doing though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who picked Freddie is gonna be annoyed, he's been dropped for a "breach of team discipline" BBC website says he got into difficulties on a pedalo :s:

ReputationRep:
    I laughed out loud when I read that

ReputationRep:
    He was drunk at 4am on a pedalo and had to be rescued, I don't see what the big deal is :confused:

I would have gone for Strauss ahead of Bopara. Try and get him in some form to challenge Joyce. I don't really see Bopara's bowling as a big enough asset to put him in ahead of Strauss. I would have had those overs filled by Colly and Bell.

ReputationRep:
    Sign of a good night when you have to be rescued from a pedalo at 4am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet)
    He was drunk at 4am on a pedalo and had to be rescued, I don't see what the big deal is :confused:
    -Its a terrible example to set, both to young sports fans and to other members of the team.
    -Its a bit unprofessional to be mucking around at 4am when you have an important fixture to play within the next couple of days.

I'm annoyed, but I can't say I don't support it in principal. Would anyone want cricket to have the same level of discipline as football?

ReputationRep:
    That people regularly die from being drunk in the sea? His life could have been, apparently, at real risk

ReputationRep:
    Fairly jokes though

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.