Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No one's blaming, just hypothesising. Some very sick minds on TSR :\

ReputationRep:
    Weren't there probably A fair number of fans out there anyway? In any case, No ones blaming it on you!

ReputationRep:
    shocking news and very saddend, RIP woolmer

ReputationRep:
    There were just 500 Pakistanis. And none of them were staying anywhere near the Paki players hotels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    Comeon! They were chanting it in PAKISTAN. Whats the probability that someone flew in in less than 24 hours and posioned him?

Be realistic and don't blame it on us.
    Right...because there was no way someone of pakistani origin was actually in the caribbean?

To be honest - who knows what the cause was, but it's extremely suspicious, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame it on the Pakistanis.... ;no;

:p:

ReputationRep:
    There's a very high chance it's nothing to do with pakistani's or anyone else. You just can't rule it out straight away.

It's oh so very weird it happened the day after losing to Ireland though.

Kinda puts getting stressed about englands batting into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard the news that Bob Woolmer has died. Thsi is indeed shocking news. RIP Bob Woolmer.

ReputationRep:
    It was because of the loss that he died, the massive amount of stress which he coped with by getting very very drunk obviously.

And he said yesterday he was pretty much finished as pakistani coach, i doubt anyone is sick enough to kill him when hes on his way out anyway and it was clearly the fault of the pakistani players for the loss.

ReputationRep:
    My dad (doctor) reckons it could be sheer stress itself which made him feel ill (vomit etc.)
    I doubt if he would have got drunk. But I guess you have to consider suicide as well given the fanatical reaction back in Pakistan (calling for arrests or something stupid).
    RIP Bob - one of the innovative minds in coaching

ReputationRep:
    The guy has judt died and conspiracy theories are floating around already.

Come on guys show a little respect we don't know what has happened all we know is he is dead. RIP Woolmer a great guy.

ReputationRep:
    OMG bob woolmer is dead what a huge loss for pakistan, especially in a crucial tournament like the WC!

ReputationRep:
    Just read it - that's shocking news.

(Original post by sim90)
    OMG bob woolmer is dead what a huge loss for pakistan, especially in a crucial tournament like the WC!
    Well, given that they're out of the WC, at least that's no longer a problem...

ReputationRep:
    very sad news...cant quite believe it...RIP woolmer

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the cause was but I am guessing it was due to stress. Coaching is a tough job...

ReputationRep:
    Truly shocking news.

RIP Bob Woolmer.

ReputationRep:
    Even if his death was completely natural, let's hope that it happening might make some of the idiots over in Pakistan think twice before chanting "Death to (whoever they're currently displeased with" in the future. That, along with the effigy burning, is just ridiciulous. Some sections of the world need to drag themselves out of the dark ages.

ReputationRep:
    Well i just heard the police are involved as blood was found on his bed! Btw this is from an asian television station so i am not sure how credible it is. He died on his way to the hospital and we don't know how long he was dead for. Its sad that he passed away after his reputation was ion tatters after the suprise defeat yday. Apparently he did not come down this morning and the team thought nothing of it after a while team security guards were sent to see where he is only to be found dead.

I am just shocked and very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Even if his death was completely natural, let's hope that it happening might make some of the idiots over in Pakistan think twice before chanting "Death to (whoever they're currently displeased with" in the future. That, along with the effigy burning, is just ridiciulous. Some sections of the world need to drag themselves out of the dark ages.
    thats south asia for u mate...very sad i know...just goes to show cricket is just a game after all...there r more important things

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.