Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This WC was said to be wide open and boy has it lived up to it!

Pakistan are out India are almost out Bangladesh are playing very well and the so called minnows are performing without fear each and every team facing the smaller nations is under immense pressure to win.

Ireland will go through and so will Ireland. Also i see sri Lanka winning this Cup they are looking good.

And could i just add the wickets out there are nto very helpful for batsmen for once! and it evens up the contest. I mean the Paki's playing in a green pitch! Asian batsmen dont have a clue what to do! lool

The team which bowls first looks most like winning-bar a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    I was going to put Scotland, but there's no way they can qualify now.

Should Kenya beat England, and Sri Lanka beat India, then those four qualifying is still on.
    England are not looking good at all. They were puched by Canada all the way! They need to bowl really well and stay off the drinks! If they are to win this Cup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    You're confusing yourself. I'll give you a plausible scenario for the next few games:

BAN: 230/50ov
    SRL: 231/45ov

SRL: 250/50ov
    India: 251/50ov (a close game, yes?)

BAN: 420/50ov
    BER: 150 a.o.

INDIA NRR: 1.67
    BAN NRR: 1.67

So basically, Bangladesh would have to play really well against SRL to make it a close game and then score the WC's biggest total against Bermuda to match India's net run rate, even if India drew it close with SRL. My point is, if India beat SRL (regardless of run rates), its pretty much all over for Bangladesh given that they would have to absolutely wallop the crap out of Bermuda, which isn't going to happen.
    You made India win. :rolleyes:
    What if they lose?!
    And Bangladesh can win against SL too!

Thats what makes this interesting! Comeon Bangladesh!

ReputationRep:
    Set you guys another total to chase in the stick cricket league

ReputationRep:
    Pez you moved to the top :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm winning everything

ReputationRep:
    You're going down-eh! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    You made India win. :rolleyes:
    What if they lose?!
    And Bangladesh can win against SL too!

Thats what makes this interesting! Comeon Bangladesh!
    *sigh* just countering your point that India had to 'whoop' SRL to go through. I was showing how that need not be the case - they can go through even if they scrape it. Screw this, lets just watch the matches rather than predicting them. That's a lot more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, prediciting is fun!

ReputationRep:
    You're going down-eh! :p:
    Not going to score that well today, so that's possible

ReputationRep:
    Me too. That ******* Lou Vincent... -20 coz he went for a DUCK! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Bond should RIP THROUGH KENYA! I'm in need of points

ReputationRep:
    He can... economy points FTW!

ReputationRep:
    He can... economy points FTW!
    Clearly the Pak team approach to 'ripping' through sides...:p: (ouch...too soon?)

ReputationRep:
    He'd better do, Smith best get a bat too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    Clearly the Pak team approach to 'ripping' through sides...:p: (ouch...too soon?)
    Forget them! I want 2 things: points and India to go home. Nothing more... ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Forget them! I want 2 things: points and India to go home. Nothing more... ;yes;
    In that case I fear you'll end up like the crazed penguin in your avatar

ReputationRep:
    :p:

Oooh this should be good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pezking)
    Vincent got another duck for NZ
    I was listening to it on the radio in my car a little while ago. I just laughed when it happened!

I'll still stick with him though. I'd much rather stick with these volatile openers like vincent, gayle, sehwag and gilchrist who could get a run of scores like 0,0,0,0,215,0,0,200 instead of someone like chanderpaul who most probably won't get a duck, but won't score much either.

ReputationRep:
    Vincent was in decent form coming into the tour to be fair, perhaps he'll turn it around. Hes got a run out in this game anyway.

Ntini is turning out to be a bad choice. Not selected and no wickets picked up Now the easy task of Australia next.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.