Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    right then IF india beat SL on friday we should be through...fingers crossed!
    You've seen what Sri lanka can do (if you watched the match), really think you can beat them?
    India half struggled with bowling Bermuda out (156 runs made) Sri Lanka + England got them out for under 100!
    Basically im saying that India's bowling isnt the strongest in the world... and their batting has been hit and miss, even if they do hit and get runs on the board, Sri Lanka can bat up to like number 9 or something? (crazy i tell ya), so much experiance in the side etc... so yea.. :p: no easy feat!
    Tbh i think Sri lanka are one of the sides who could win the WC...

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh lose by 198 runs then. That means if India win, they'll have to annihilate Bermuda within all belief. I make it by around 450 runs although that must be a mistake :confused:

I guess the crucial game in the group is now SL vs India.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    You've seen what Sri lanka can do (if you watched the match), really think you can beat them?
    India half struggled with bowling Bermuda out (156 runs made) Sri Lanka + England got them out for under 100!
    Basically im saying that India's bowling isnt the strongest in the world... and their batting has been hit and miss, even if they do hit and get runs on the board, Sri Lanka can bat up to like number 9 or something? (crazy i tell ya), so much experiance in the side etc... so yea.. :p: no easy feat!
    Tbh i think Sri lanka are one of the sides who could win the WC...
    yeah i get where ur coming from but im indian mate gotta follow my heart lol n plus its an odi...anything can happen on the day and i know india have the players to beat them...i wish they would drop agarkar for sreesanth but i know that wont happen...cant wait for friday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that Nazir was able to score such a good knock from the top of the innings shows that he can do a job for the pakistanis. What he did today was similar to a little while back when he threw pollock off his line & length. It was priceless to see him do that, and ultimately match winning. Stick with him, likewise india should sehwag.

Yousuf's been disappointing hasn't he. Caught and bowled off a half volley today. I don't know if his style honestly suits the shorter game.

Well played sri lanka today too. I don't think they'll win the tournament, but apart from england they're who i'd rather did because their attacking openers and their incredibly balanced bowling attack is just awesome.

ReputationRep:
    From cricinfo :rofl:

Taylor, who must feel like a real plank, has now been out twice in two balls. It seems Matsikenyeri has been given run-out and not stumped. We will find out more ...
    12.2 Danish Kaneria to Matsikenyeri, OUT, big heave from Matsikenyeri and he misses, Akmal goes for the stumping and he is back in ... sadly, the runner, Taylor, is standing a foot out of the crease, blissfully ignorant that he actually needs to be back inside the crease as well.
    S Matsikenyeri run out 18 (25b 3x4 0x6) SR: 72.00
    Matsikenyeri's runner comes out with the new batsman.
    12.1 Danish Kaneria to Taylor, OUT, swung high to Younis Khan who ran in from the deep midwicket boundary and held the catch well. A tough one out of the gloom and with no real grip underfoot
    BRM Taylor c Younis Khan b Danish Kaneria 13 (17b 1x4 0x6) SR: 76.47

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Yes. It wasn't long ago we beat them comprehensively in two consecutive games. No problemo.

ReputationRep:
    Yea the runner was outside the crease minding his own business...
    the batsman swung, missed, tried to put back into crease and was like slightly in the air? so they were discussing it intently on sky (oooh its a close one)
    and then the other guy was like, no wait, the runner is outside the crease...

ReputationRep:
    :eek2: What does Mohammad Yousuf bowl? He got a wicket!

ReputationRep:
    I love inzi so much. So sad to see him retire and he even apologised for the team's poor performances.

ReputationRep:
    dear lord...it was SO EMOTIONAL...i cried...I feel horrible...I think I need therapy after this.

Were we too hard on Inzi???

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please forgive him.

ReputationRep:
    with all my heart...

lol...i never had a thing against him...i kinda was miffed at the whole team...

but poor guy! i bet us soft-hearted pakis are going to welcome him back with open arms...i doubt there'll be rotten eggs+tomatoes flying at them at the airport!

ReputationRep:
    Gah nervous for tomorrow
    the only positive from the match was that Ashraful had should good touch with the bat (45 not out) and that we made the chances, just didnt take them!
    Least the Bermuda game could be a morale booster before we go into super 8s! :p:

NZ will show us how to beat Canada in style today.

And I was suprised to see Yousuf take a wicket too! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    :eek2: What does Mohammad Yousuf bowl? He got a wicket!
    right arm medium slow.

LOL, just saw Yousuf on TV, it's great. Everyone was laughing, reminds me a bit of that time McGrath made 50+ and the Australian dressing room were just pissing themselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    Yousuf's been disappointing hasn't he. Caught and bowled off a half volley today. I don't know if his style honestly suits the shorter game.
    He's still the best ODI batsman in Pakistan. He should bat higher, as he will, since Inzy has now gone.

ReputationRep:
    Yousuf's a BABE...the expression of joy on his face...PRICELESS...he's never been that happy even after making countless centuries...but his first wicket...

*beautiful*

ReputationRep:
    The plot thickens: Woolmer may have been strangled :O

I did have a sneaky suspicion, with it happening just after an embarrassing defeat... but hopefully it wasn't really murder!

Poor Bob, R.I.P

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.