Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He is developing into a TOP TOP Captain !
    Leading from the front very very experienced 350 ODI Matches !

Strong Records and averages ! Claims respect from the team and fear from the opposition !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    bikerx23 - I dont like comments that call my boobs huge, cos theyre not and I dislike huge boobs.
    sorry - not huge, they are "wonderfully veluptuous", which is, ofcourse, the perfect way for them to be

(Original post by Socrates)
    LOL. You vain, vain individual. Personally I'm looking for a hot chick thats related to Shahid Afridi :cool:

PS -Don't let Hannah see this! :p:
    She reads all my messages, so she has seen... or will do. I hope she knows I'm only joking.

I dunno about the Afridi thing.... she might be a bit hot tempered and wild.... hmmm, but then Inzys might be a little... crushing!

(Original post by BA)
    tis_me_lord - Shaby scares me who is he?
    He is a very passionate Pakistan fan, who has Inzy at number 3 in his list of most feared men in sport.

Oh, and thanks if you do mention me, though you'll forget since you don't see him often. If you didn't forget then he wouldn't care. But nice anyway. Maybe Hannah wont mind if I just have some of my "specimen" put with you to give me a little (ha) Inzy. Ask him if that would be cool with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I dunno about the Afridi thing.... she might be a bit hot tempered and wild.... hmmm, but then Inzys might be a little... crushing!
    But then wouldn't that mean more enjoyable sex?

Plus I rate Afridi as probably the most handsome cricketer around today. Any takers?

ReputationRep:
    My mum says I have big cheeks like Uncle Inzy, because I take after my dads side of family in lookswise. Inzamaam gave my brother a signed bat of all the pakistan cricket team. A bat which he has used in matches.

--------------

(Original post by bikerx23)
    sorry - not huge, they are "wonderfully veluptuous", which is, ofcourse, the perfect way for them to be
    If you put it that way then I'm flattered Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Inzamaam gave my brother a signed bat of all the pakistan cricket team.
    That sure is a cool thing to own! :cool:

ReputationRep:

He is a very passionate Pakistan fan, who has Inzy at number 3 in his list of most feared men in sport.

Oh, and thanks if you do mention me, though you'll forget since you don't see him often. If you didn't forget then he wouldn't care. But nice anyway. Maybe Hannah wont mind if I just have some of my "specimen" put with you to give me a little (ha) Inzy. Ask him if that would be cool with him.
    :rofl: you scare me now :eek: *locks bedroom door and shuts curtains*

ReputationRep:
    If you put it that way then I'm flattered Cheers.
    Anytime saba hunni xXx :love:

(Original post by Socrates)
    But then wouldn't that mean more enjoyable sex?

Plus I rate Afridi as probably the most handsome cricketer around today. Any takers?
    lol, maybe. But be careful she doesn't get overexcited, put a bag over your head, nearly suffocate you so you get rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night with body chocolate on you and a pineapple up your... (I don't speak from experience, honestly.)

Afridi is pretty damn hot. Hmmm. But I would have to go with Strauss, Giles or even Inzy himself. :p:

(Original post by BA)
    Inzamaam gave my brother a signed bat of all the pakistan cricket team. A bat which he has used in matches.
    Wicked! You must knowhis address, let me send him letters, please. :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol, maybe. But be careful she doesn't get overexcited, put a bag over your head, nearly suffocate you so you get rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night with body chocolate on you and a pineapple up your... (I don't speak from experience, honestly.)
    I'll bear it in mind.

Afridi is pretty damn hot. Hmmm. But I would have to go with Strauss, Giles or even Inzy himself. :p:
    Strauss is probably the most educated cricketer today. I'm not sure if anyone else playing int cricket has a degree. :cool:

Giles is a buddha (old man).

ReputationRep:
    No, I dont know his address. My dad probably does, because wait for it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he was on the phone to him today
    , thats why I remembered and posted in here. He said hello to me.

*realises he's missing niptuck*

Gotta dash. But tell me his phone number.

I know of other cricketers having degrees, but can't put my finger on who they are, they do tend to be educated though as it's a thinking mans game (also an upper class game.)

Did Plunkett not go to Eton?

ReputationRep:
    I know of other cricketers having degrees, but can't put my finger on who they are, they do tend to be educated though as it's a thinking mans game (also an upper class game.)

Did Plunkett not go to Eton?
    I can't think of any of the current crop being particularly educated. Back in the day, you're right, they were educated and elite. Athers was at Cambridge, as was Brearley. Imran was at Oxford. Nasser Hussain also was at Durham.

Freddie is a school drop out, as are most of them. Not sure about Plunkett.

ReputationRep:
    Nasser Hussain isn't a particularly well educated man. At least not when it comes down to his written abilities because I've read 'Playing with Fire' and it was a pretty limited usage of the English language, maybe it was written like that intentionally but I found it a pretty dull read because of it.

I know Hoggard never went to university but did complete his A-levels, but he was a country lad so probably never really saw a life at university.

Trescothick was playing county cricket professionally from the age of 17 and had a life dedicated to cricket and hence probably never had time nor the energy for a university education.

Vaughan was also playing professional cricket from the age of 17 and never finished his A-levels.

Anyway probably boring you all with my trivia, but there you go there's the first three names which came to mind - I'm willing to bet they all have better educations than most footballers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    I'm willing to bet they all have better educations than most footballers though.
    Not difficult is it?

I agree with you about Nasser - but he in all fairness he was the last England captain who was university educated, and I think he's relatively more educated compared to the rest of them.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, probably yeah - I enjoy Nasser's commentry though, which I can't say for Willis who I've got a feeling was a university boy.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, probably yeah - I enjoy Nasser's commentry though, which I can't say for Willis who I've got a feeling was a university boy.
    Unless I'm greatly mistaken, of the last generation of cricketers (i.e. of the 1980s and 1990s) the only English dudes to be university educated were Brearley, Athers and Nasser. I'm not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow such a small minority. Didn't Alastair Cook go to university? (I know he isn't in the team but he'll probably be playing for England one day, unless he pulls a Graeme Hick)

ReputationRep:
    Wow such a small minority. Didn't Alastair Cook go to university? (I know he isn't in the team but he'll probably be playing for England one day, unless he pulls a Graeme Hick)
    I think he did, but you're right, in a game that was exclusively for educated elite, it seems a shame that so few educated cricketers remain.

ReputationRep:
    wow, england got pootanged to mars and back today.
    boom boom shahid afridi!!!!!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.