Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)
    Has anyone checked the other game? If Ireland play their cards right they could finish at the top of the group :O
    They may well do. Hilarious eh?

Come on SL - that way my prediction of Ireland, Bangladesh, Kenya and South Africa as semifinalists still holds sway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    They may well do. Hilarious eh?

Come on SL - that way my prediction of Ireland, Bangladesh, Kenya and South Africa as semifinalists still holds sway!
    But that would make a lame and highly predictable winner...
    Hence, come on India! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wheres Australia?

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt it quite obvious that Hair was unfair to Pakistan. anyone could see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    But that would make a lame and highly predictable winner...
    Hence, come on India! :p:
    Never underestimate the Irish! :p:

And plus it would be fun if some associate teams did well. It would also be a slap in the face of those who said they shouldn't be playing and they "devalue" the WC.

ReputationRep:
    India will win today!!! If India go out the world cup wont be as exciting in my opinion. I want to see top teams playing in the super 8!

ReputationRep:
    Never underestimate the Irish! :p:

And plus it would be fun if some associate teams did well. It would also be a slap in the face of those who said they shouldn't be playing and they "devalue" the WC.
    There are other ways of slapping Ponting in the face. Namely thrashing his boys. I hope SAF do the honours tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    India will win today!!! If India go out the world cup wont be as exciting in my opinion. I want to see top teams playing in the super 8!
    I wouldn't be too sure of an Indian win. SL will fancy their chances even if they get 250 (I reckon they may get a bit more than that). The real match of the tournament, for me, is gonna be tomorrow. SA vs Aus. Whoever wins that, will certainly have a headstart on winning the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [ A Y A Z ])
    Forget that, first prove your point, Andronicus.
    In less than a year we've had:
    -Hair/walkout
    -Player doping
    -Key players missing (doping redux)
    -Trouble in South Aftica
    -Murder of the coach.

Come on, you can't tell me that Pakistan hasn't been involved (one way or the other) in an unusally large amount of cricketing controversy over the last few months.

ReputationRep:
    There are other ways of slapping Ponting in the face. Namely thrashing his boys. I hope SAF do the honours tomorrow.
    I was referring to Mikey Holding. :p:

Though yes, I do hope SA do the honours.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too sure of an Indian win. SL will fancy their chances even if they get 250 (I reckon they may get a bit more than that). The real match of the tournament, for me, is gonna be tomorrow. SA vs Aus. Whoever wins that, will certainly have a headstart on winning the tournament.
    SL will not make 250, India will be able to win today. India know that if they lose, they be in big trouble back home!!! Only an Indian can tell you that.

ReputationRep:
    SL will not make 250, India will be able to win toay. India know that if they lose, they be in big trouble back home!!! Only an Indian can tell you that.
    Pakistan knew that they would have their genitals chopped off if they lost to Ireland but they still did. They should thank their lucky stars that the coach's death has shifted the focus off that. India and Pakistan both out in the first round, and cricket will have a reality check.

ReputationRep:
    India will not go out, they are one of the best teams in the world cup. Yeah Pakistan knew what would happen. But India know what would happen if they lose. Cricket is really big there, the passion for cricket is amazing. Watch how Dravid leads the team to victory!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lets watch :p:

ReputationRep:
    -Hair/walkout
    -Player doping
    -Trouble in South Aftica
    -Murder of the coach.

Come on, you can't tell me that Pakistan hasn't been involved (one way or the other) in an unusally large amount of cricketing controversy over the last few months.
    So the only one 'created' by Pakistan is the doping scandal. The others have been imposed upon the team.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the result, this is shaping up to be a cracking match.

ReputationRep:
    So the only one 'created' by Pakistan is the doping scandal. The others have been imposed upon the team.
    Yeah people will criticise Pakistan on these scandals. atleast they were not as idiotic as some of the England team on their night out.

ReputationRep:
    -Hair/walkout
    -Player doping
    -Trouble in South Aftica
    -Murder of the coach.

You said Pakistan MADE controversies.
    I don't see that anywhere.

Except for player doping (which is a MAYBE), I don't think Pakistan did anything else.

What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the result, this is shaping up to be a cracking match.
    A 'crackerjack' in the words of Mark Nicholas.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah people will criticise Pakistan on these scandals. atleast they were not as idiotic as some of the England team on their night out.
    Now THAT is a scandal!

:laugh:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.