Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    When India and Pakistan start paying away they will go back down.
    "They" as India and Pakistan, or "they" as in England? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As in once India and Pakistan have to travel abroad their rankings will dip from where they are now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    As in once India and Pakistan have to travel abroad their rankings will dip from where they are now.
    I suppose. But having beaten England at home, Pakistan will fancy themselves to give England a run for their money at home, if not win (considering English seaming conditions will suit Pakistan's pacemen just as much as England's)

ReputationRep:
    England doing well here.

Should be an easy chase, but we're maiking it difficult. We don't need big hitting to relieve pressure, because that risk can make a wicket doing nothing but make more pressure.

What we need is 10 overs going at 4/5 an over and not losing a wicket.

*goes to watch it*

ReputationRep:
    60/3. Flintoff batting well but a wicket again soon will turn the game on it's head.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like England are settling down well

ReputationRep:
    How did I know that would happen. We'll probably lose now

ReputationRep:
    Quick strikes trouble England!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    England are gonna win, they are doing so much better!

ReputationRep:
    We only have 3 wickets left though, and we have to get 100 runs!

ReputationRep:
    yeah Pakistan have done very well in getting the players out.

ReputationRep:
    England will do well to bat even 40 overs here. 2 wickets remaining, 29.5 overs bowled.

ReputationRep:
    48 required off 12. Pak need 2 wickets.

Still in Pakistan's favour but at least our score is getting close to making a game of it.

It's not impossible to win from here but it'd be pretty remarkable.

EDIT: Blackwell just ran out, forget what I said about us having a chance of winning. Now it's impossible. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have we lost yet?

ReputationRep:
    well done Pakistan!

ReputationRep:
    Typical. Just like the rugby world cup... we win soemthing major and immediately get tons of injuries and do really crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    England are gonna win, they are doing so much better!
    Eat ur words !

How can u call it Eng are gonna win !

I mean after the tests chasing low targets and the batting in the ODI's as well 'Eng are going to win' !

That speaks volumes of ignorance !

They have a World class bowling attack ! I mean look at it defending 211 and even lower targets in the test !

That bowling attack is magnificient full of variety and wicket taking bowlers, although they let Eng away when they relaxed as 8 wickets fell !

So will it be 4-1 or 3-2 or will Pak use second rate sides ! I dont see wat more second rate teams Eng can use ! They are all back here anyway !

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan don't have a single bowler who you would put in a World XI, I'm sorry but it's a fact. So don't be too quick to use the phrase world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Pakistan don't have a single bowler who you would put in a World XI, I'm sorry but it's a fact. So don't be too quick to use the phrase world class.
    I'm sure Shoaib Akhtar would be most people's pick in a World XI - and IIRC, he was selected for the super series.

--------------

(Original post by HistoryStudent)
    Have we lost yet?
    We have now. :p:

Pakistan take the series 3-1 with one to play. England play for pride, Pakistan to go to no. 2 in the rankings and displace SA.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.