Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Meh, sure as hell! England will be the next to go out, before anybody else! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if we were, but I don't see us getting anywhere near the semis. Lets face it, those bloody aussies are going to win it again. The *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Man)
    Meh, sure as hell! England will be the next to go out, before anybody else! :laugh:
    Well it could be worse. We could be out already like two other established nations :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Well it could be worse. We could be out already like two other established nations :cool:
    Easy group, my friend, easy group...

ReputationRep:
    There was NO OTHER team in the group! They had NZ and they lost so badly that they had to go out making a fool of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    There was NO OTHER team in the group! They had NZ and they lost so badly that they had to go out making a fool of themselves.
    :rofl:

India at least went out to a test side. Pakistan lost out to an associate.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

India at least went out to a test side. Pakistan lost out to an associate.
    Yep, Bangladesh have beaten the Aussies before. Still, little consolation. Who knows? It may drive the team to greater things...or more likely to retirement.

ReputationRep:
    Well India lost badly to both the teams :cool:
    With their alleged 'batting line up' and their 'vision 2007' thingy, I thought they'd win the WC! N00bs!

No one had any hope for Pakistan going thru, and we don't mind them going out at all! Plus, we had our coach die for us so that we don't look so bad :cool:

England is gonna get :hump:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    Yep, Bangladesh have beaten the Aussies before. Still, little consolation. Who knows? It may drive the team to greater things...or more likely to retirement.
    With all the promises and the 'army like' training, the songs, the glamour, the vision 2007 promise and the money.... just goes to show you: the higher they go, the harder they fall.

ReputationRep:
    Inzy has retired from ODI's so does that mean he won't play in the 20/20 WC tournament? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    When is this 20/20 WC tournament?

ReputationRep:
    In September.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    I dont think he will be picked tbh. He doesn't quite fit the bill, i reckon.

(Original post by Epicurus)
    When is this 20/20 WC tournament?
    September, me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    He won't be in the team. He retired.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! India Is Out Bd Is In! Go Bd Go!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Aye. And we shall go on to win. Even if i prefer the type of cricket that virtually every other team except for england plays :p:

Btw people get your transfers in for fantasy cricket. 4 can be made at the moment. My new team:

Hayden
    Smith
    Tharanga
    pietersen
    vaughan
    gayle
    gilchrist
    muralitharan
    vaas
    ntini
    mahmood

ReputationRep:
    Tendulkar and Yousuf were dropped because they're out of the tournament. Smith and Gibbs seem to be in form so both came in. Then have just taken out Tharanga for Jayawardane although we'll see how that pays off.

I'm tempted to put in Mortaza too but who for? I have Murali, Vettori, Bond and Ntini. Makhaya hasn't done that well so far.

Nathan - You've seriously got Vaughan in your team ahead of Ponting! Having Saj in there is a worry too!

ReputationRep:
    All due respect, Vaughan is crappy odi player. No performance so far in the WC has changed that yet.

Inzamam, Dhoni, Dravid and Kaneria out because they've flown home. Smith, Ponting, Gilchrist and Murali in.

Tendulkar - De Villiers
    Kumble - Murli
    Ntini - McGrath
    Gayle - Kallis

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.