Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WI out. Everyone calling for Lara to step down.

What should he do? Step down as Captain and remain in the team, or give up ODIs completely? Your comments, please!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    we kicckkeeddd aasssss~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hehehe - winning in style too - got all the WI batsmen out before the 50 overs were up --- aaaaaaaaa top form for fielding + batting -- ah, this is the true Sri Lankan team - in perfect form --- woah, lots of comments to say - jayasuriya - always a reliance if he starts off those 4z and 6z no stopping him, and we can always count on de silva for some quick and high scores + malinga, vaas, jayasuriya, murali - quick wickets - and nice to see that fernando is bowling and catching accurately! - good to see that our captain is getting back on form too! okay think i'm done now. :p:...oh YAH --- brilliant tactics all the way!!!
    oh and one more ---- classic 6 to not get 300 but 303

oh back to the WI -- hmm --- I think Lara is a brilliant batsman - but I don't think that he's a tough captain - he lets his team slide - he doesn't give out comments, he kinda just stands there!
    either he gets that true "captaincy" role going or he should step down - WI was once a brilliant team - now they are sliding down badly....

as for England --- :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Thank you for your comments! Yep, Lara maybe great at what he does, but hes not been an inspiration/motivation for the team.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Thank you for your comments! Yep, Lara maybe great at what he does, but hes not been an inspiration/motivation for the team.

I agree with you on England

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh and New Zealand today. In all honesty I think Bangladesh will get smacked up.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although Bangladesh beat them in the warm ups, I feel this will be a good, old fashioned ass whooping! =)

Btw, Sangakara is such a good keeper. Just a few years ago he was learning his trade - more a part time keeper - but now I rate him as the best keeper in the world (although Gilchrist would just about pip him as the WK/batsman in my World XI purely down to his explosive batting).

(Original post by Quantophrenia)
    Yes, although Bangladesh beat them in the warm ups, I feel this will be a good, old fashioned ass whooping! =)

Btw, Sangakara is such a good keeper. Just a few years ago he was learning his trade - more a part time keeper - but now I rate him as the best keeper in the world (although Gilchrist would just about pip him as the WK/batsman in my World XI purely down to his explosive batting).
    I think Sangakkara is the better batsman, even if Gilchrist is slightly edging this tournament... definitely best wickie/batsman overall in the world, in my opinion.

(And yes, NZ will own today.)

ReputationRep:
    What predictions! :p:

Bang started well. 50 for the opening pair.

61-1.
    McCullum for a 100.

(Original post by Mr Man)
    What predictions! :p:

Bang started well. 50 for the opening pair.

61-1.
    McCullum for a 100.
    62-2 now, Oram strikes...

ReputationRep:
    Good bowling... I should have picked him in my team.
    Bang losing wickets fast now.

Second one for Oram.

ReputationRep:
    130-6 lol! bond is getting me some more points!

ReputationRep:
    infact make that 130-7...another one bites the dust!

ReputationRep:
    147-9! :d

All out, but at least the final partnership put up a fight. But this is a good batting track and NZ will cruise it by 9 or 10 wickets.

ReputationRep:
    yeah NZ look awesome at the moment, was funny seeing craig mcmillan bowl with the new ball after that mason guy got injured!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oo NZ all the way today....

oh yes - Sangakara --- brilliant wicket keeping yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    come on fleming...keep hittin them 4's n 6's n get me some more points!

ReputationRep:
    good to see bangladesh get battered...they had their day against india...they're showing their true colours now

ReputationRep:
    ^^Hehe still bitter about india getting banged up by the bangladeshis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epicurus)
    ^^Hehe still bitter about india getting banged up by the bangladeshis.
    hell yeah lol no im well over india being crappy...it will be ultimately a good thing for indian cricket to realise how far behind the likes of SL, NZ, AUS and SA they are at the moment

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.