The Cricket Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well played England! If you can play like today in all the matched, I won't be surprised if you take the cup home!

Well played SL! A small total, YET they manage to defend it. Broke the partnership in between, BROKE the partnership at the end and WON. :congrats:
Andronicus Comnenus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
bugger me! I'm not sure that's the level of closeness Socrates had in mind...

Well played all! Hope the rest of the games will be this exciting.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ARRRGH! What an end, and such a shame Bopara didn't cream that through covers for 4 at the end, then the match would have been absolutely PERFECT.

My one night off work, by coincidence, and I get to see one of the best ODI's ever. Well played Sri Lanka etc, but England seriously need more batting with a long tail and no openers.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ben, England played AMAZINGLY well. I don't know why you're so sad!

I don't mind my team losing, I just want to see how well they do.
tis_me_lord
(Original post by Mr Man)
Ben, England played AMAZINGLY well. I don't know why you're so sad!

I don't mind my team losing, I just want to see how well they do.
I don't call that doing well, I call it being **** and nearly redeeming ourselves. Ok so Bopara and Nixon were legends, Bell and Pieterson also played well. But explain the rest? 235 on a good batting track should be easy for England!
Quantophrenia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That was pretty much a role reversal for Sri Lanka, making up for the tight SA match. Really annoyed at the way we batted though - where was the urgency? I only saw it from Jayasuriya (for the brief time he was out there) and Jayawardene. Sangakara really needs to get back in the runs as we rely on him to score heavily when Jayasuriya doesn't. And don't get me started on Tharanga. At the crease for 100 balls and still never looked settled!

Well played England though. They restricted us well with tight bowling and fielding, but I'm still baffled with our batting.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Disgraceful from Fenando, very unsporting. Rules need to be changed to make it a no ball. Swear Malinga throws it as well
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Also apparently there was a 5 ball over (over 26) in our innings
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Swear Malinga throws it as well
afaik, as long as he doesn't straighten his arm by more than 15 degrees it's legal.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Anyone who thinks will England will get anything better than a very close game which they will lose is a muppet. Sri Lanka is a very balanced side, and probably the second best side in the cup.
Nostradamus!
tis_me_lord
(Original post by Economist)
Disgraceful from Fenando, very unsporting. Rules need to be changed to make it a no ball. Swear Malinga throws it as well
What did Fenando do? And Malingas action is legal. We're talking about cricket here, bitterness doesn't come with it as much as in football, you need to congratulate the winners etc... :cool:
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
What did Fenando do? And Malingas action is legal. We're talking about cricket here, bitterness doesn't come with it as much as in football, you need to congratulate the winners etc... :cool:
Fernando ran up and then didn't release the ball.
Rez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Fernando ran up and then didn't release the ball.
He tried to unsettle the batsman......never liked that tactic.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rez)
He tried to unsettle the batsman......never liked that tactic.
Well that's assuming he did it on purpose. Its just an assumption. In any case, he was well within his rights to do so - just as the batsman is.
Andronicus Comnenus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Malinga's action is legal, his arm is straight. The only thing he needs to watch for is the height of the arm parallel to the shoulder (if it drops below, he's technically bowling underarm. Which, unless agreed in advance, is illegal)
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
woah - tight match, SL managed to break the partnerships though - well done to Fernando - definately back on form now! -

and YES Malinga's bowling IS legal! dammit - this is like what people were saying about Murali as well.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rolleyes:

SL played outstandingly well. England held their batsmen back. They came on the field, took early wickets, fielded well and didn't lose their nerve till the end.
And as a bowler you CAN do what Fernando did. Its not disgraceful in anyway.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I don't call that doing well, I call it being **** and nearly redeeming ourselves. Ok so Bopara and Nixon were legends, Bell and Pieterson also played well. But explain the rest? 235 on a good batting track should be easy for England!
I blame it all on Flintoff. He was... drunk? :p:
Nah, the credit goes to the BOWLER. Don't take away his glory. SL outplayed the others Ben, thats what happened.
Andronicus Comnenus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sri Lanka did well, but it was annoying to see the likes of Pieterson and Collingwood play spin in the traditional terrible English manner. You can't just stand there and let quality spinners bowl at you.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey he was playing against MURALI. It doesn't matter what Kevin P did/does! Hes playing against CLASS.

Give Murali the credit, if its Cricket you like. Kevin P hit him for a four. Nice. But Murali then took his wicket. Priceless.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads