:laugh: -- and I say its SL :p: -- may the best team win this cup

and you know i'm talking SL
    lol well im goin for NZ..hopefully see you in the final :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ooooo...... pressure is on..... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised at Greg Chappells appointment in the first place! He looks evil.

Lets face it, the oldies have to go and the young guns have to shine for India. And believe me they have TALENT.

ReputationRep:
    For my the loss for India was due to the fact that these players didn't play:

Irfan Pathan
    Kumble (in the first and third matches; WHY would you prefer Harbajan to Kumble?!)
    Sreesanth (oh well)
    Sureh Raina
    Dinesh Karthick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Man)
    For my the loss for India was due to the fact that these players didn't play:

Irfan Pathan
    Kumble (in the first and third matches; WHY would you prefer Harbajan to Kumble?!)
    Sreesanth (oh well)
    Sureh Raina
    Dinesh Karthick
    i do agree with most of these...but pathan has been off the pace terribly in the last few months...totally agree with kumble over harbhajan...sreesanth is a really good little player and shud be in ahead of munaf patel just cos he can bowl at like 85 mph instead of the 78 munaf just about reaches! raina has talent but failed a lot over the last year...and karthik should have played instead of dhoni because he has a batting technique and wont fail 9 times out of 10!

ReputationRep:
    No Dhoni should have still played as wicket keeper. Dinesh can play as a batsman.
    I forgot to mention: EITHER Dinesh or Raina.

If you can give Sehwag so many chances when he has failed so many times, why not the others?
    Pathan would have done VERY well on the WI wickets. Then again, I think India forget how to play when they are in the West Indies. They lost 4 out of 5 matches the last time they were there.

ReputationRep:
    hey we did win the test series! lol!

yeah i agree...sehwag should have been dropped way before the world cup and not allowed back in the squad. pathan will get his chances again but we need him back performing like he was 2 years ago...he was unplayable!

ReputationRep:
    Thats coz the great Wasim Akram gave him a few pointers :proud:

Still, he shouldn't have been dropped for such a long time.... how is he supposed to regain his form if he doesn't play?

ReputationRep:
    yeah but then others came through while he was playing rubbish...sreesanth, munaf patel, r.p singh, even zaheer khan came back from the wilderness as a better bowler!

ReputationRep:
    R.P Singh? I have to laugh.

Sreeshanth I would support. Munaf Patel.... in tests. Not in ODIs. Irfan Pathan would still have done better. He can bat very well too. Should have alteast given him a chance!

ReputationRep:
    R.P Singh? I have to laugh.

Sreeshanth I would support. Munaf Patel.... in tests. Not in ODIs. Irfan Pathan would still have done better. He can bat very well too. Should have alteast given him a chance!
    lol i didnt say r.p was any good i just said the selectors picked him!

munaf is good but needs to bowl quicker...at international level bowling at 75-80 mph is not threatening even if bowling good line and length.

i want ashish nehra back! he was a legend! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like him. :ninja:

His run up reminded me of a.... lizard running on two legs... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lol il never forget that match in the last world cup when he ripped england apart! then he threw up cos he ate a banana or something! classic!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know dangle liked Cricket! :eek:
    Yeah. I try to keep up-to-date with it all.

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

Really? :p:

So who are your WC winners?

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

Really? :p:

So who are your WC winners?
    I said earlier.

I hope its SA but I reckon it will most probably be the Aussies.

ReputationRep:
    :dito:

Scrap SA though, I wanna see NZ win!

ReputationRep:
    :dito:

Scrap SA though, I wanna see NZ win!
    I think SA are the most entertaining to watch though because their batting approach of just attacking teams is awesome. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sod NZ, come on Ireland!

ReputationRep:
    Ireland?

Yeh, k. Bang v Ireland final.

SA is probably the best fielding side now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.