"Booh yeah" *snickers*

*stops stalking*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    "Booh yeah" *snickers*

*stops stalking*
    I thought Ben was joking...but you really do follow him around :eek:

(Original post by Socrates)
    You said then, which is past tense, and now, which is present tense. You could have just said "Now I will talk about the right person" and we wouldn't be debating the semantics of the English language in a cricket thread!

Well done on your A in maths - I was predicted but I slacked. Meh I made it up with double A* in English.

I really properly learnt English in school. Before that I spoke the third most spoken language in the world. I'll let you guess. :p:
    Well I dropped English after GCSE... don't need to be able to do it perfectly.

I got no A*'s.

I got a C in French though, I rule at foreign languages. *cough*

(Original post by Hanny)
    "Booh yeah" *snickers*

*stops stalking*
    I couldn't say boo... it sounds like a ghost!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Well I dropped English after GCSE... don't need to be able to do it perfectly.

I got no A*'s.

I got a C in French though, I rule at foreign languages. *cough*
    I did English A Level - biggest regret of my life :p:

I got an E in French

ReputationRep:
    Hanny, awww!

Booyah. Oh I dunno, ask your sister, it sounds like her kind of phrase :p:

(Original post by pikaboo)
    Hanny, awww!

Booyah. Oh I dunno, ask your sister, it sounds like her kind of phrase :p:
    She does say it sometimes. :p:

Socrates: my best friend got an E in French too. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    I will be as quick or as slow as I want to classify anyone I want as World Class so dont tell me how quick to be :mad: !

Yes Akthar would be in any world class team politicised or not !
    Unlikely, if you played four bowlers it'd probably be Warne, Muralitharan, McGrath and Flintoff (or even Chaminda Vaas?). Like it or not, but Flintoff actually keeps bowling even when the conditions are tough and it's been a long spell, unlike Akhtar who time after time has had mystery illnesses mixed in with mystery injuries. How quickly you have forgotten Pakistan's tour of Australia.

England's top order batting has always been poor. Where as Australia have Gilchrist, Pakistan have Butt, India - Sehwag, West Indies - Gayle; England have Trescothick and Prior, who hardly strike the fear of God into you. Also England's ability to force the run rate has sucked over the past years. Pietersen can do it sometimes, but look at Pakistan - Afridi and Razzaq - two huge hitters who can come in and take the game away from you. Symonds does it for Australia (and Hussey too..) and Dhoni for India. The best teams have players who can go out there, play ugly shots - but score runs.

England's problem is sometimes I feel they are so technically shaped they need to learn just how to hit the ball sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Unlikely, if you played four bowlers it'd probably be Warne, Muralitharan, McGrath and Flintoff. Like it or not, but Flintoff actually keeps bowling even when the conditions are tough and it's been a long spell, unlike Akhtar who time after time has had mystery illnesses mixed in with mystery injuries. How quickly you have forgotten Pakistan's tour of Australia.
    As much as I like the four bowler formula, its pretty much dead now. Flintoff would go at 6, and Akhtar is the most likely to be on of the five.

McGrath, Akhtar, Flintoff, Warne and Muralitharan would make an awesome attack.

Unlikely, if you played four bowlers it'd probably be Warne, Muralitharan, McGrath and Flintoff. Like it or not, but Flintoff actually keeps bowling even when the conditions are tough and it's been a long spell, unlike Akhtar who time after time has had mystery illnesses mixed in with mystery injuries. How quickly you have forgotten Pakistan's tour of Australia.
    You wouldn't have four bowlers, especially when one is an all-rounder.

I would consider Shoiab, he is pretty damn good...

It also depends on wickets etc because his full balls are good for Pakistan wickets, and in some places you wouldn't use 2 spinners so he might slip in then as well....

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely, if you played four bowlers it'd probably be Warne, Muralitharan, McGrath and Flintoff (or even Chaminda Vaas?). Like it or not, but Flintoff actually keeps bowling even when the conditions are tough and it's been a long spell, unlike Akhtar who time after time has had mystery illnesses mixed in with mystery injuries. How quickly you have forgotten Pakistan's tour of Australia.

England's top order batting has always been poor. Where as Australia have Gilchrist, Pakistan have Butt, India - Sehwag, West Indies - Gayle; England have Trescothick and Prior, who hardly strike the fear of God into you. Also England's ability to force the run rate has sucked over the past years. Pietersen can do it sometimes, but look at Pakistan - Afridi and Razzaq - two huge hitters who can come in and take the game away from you. Symonds does it for Australia (and Hussey too..) and Dhoni for India. The best teams have players who can go out there, play ugly shots - but score runs.

England's problem is sometimes I feel they are so technically shaped they need to learn just how to hit the ball sometimes.

Your point is arguable ! Easily So !

You dont need to be in a super team or a world team or a world class team to be a world class player ! Get that simple fact in your head ! These teams are subjective and for the most part hard to pick therefore many world class players miss out !

Therefore, I emphasize my point of a world class attack like it or not !

!

ReputationRep:
    im surprised that pakistans bowling is still pretty stong. after the great wasim and waqar left ( and saqlains long term injury) - i thought it would be all down hill for pakistans bowlers. overally theyre not a bad bowling unit , not as good as in previous years , but still pretty good.

although they may miss shabbir as hes been suspended for a year.!!???!!!???!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    im surprised that pakistans bowling is still pretty stong. after the great wasim and waqar left ( and saqlains long term injury) - i thought it would be all down hill for pakistans bowlers. overally theyre not a bad bowling unit , not as good as in previous years , but still pretty good.

although they may miss shabbir as hes been suspended for a year.!!???!!!???!!!
    I agree it is suprising to see how bowlers have jus stepped in and performed adequately if not better ! Talk about talent !

5th and Final ODI 2morrow should be interesting to see whether they field a 2nd rate side with many changes or stick to most of their orignal side !

Eng are gunning to come back for Christmas by the sounds of things they couldnt wait to get back at least 2-3 weeks ago ! THe ODI gives a chance of a respectable series loss 3-2 and a few points in the table ! Should be interesting to see how badly they want it !

Its still going to be hard to win especially considering u cant chase 174 in the tests etc to win with full squads and 210 in ODI's to win !

Should be interesting !

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the only thing pete77 will be eating for dinner tonight is his own words.

ReputationRep:
    A throughly exciting match.

Even until the last over, match was there to be taken.

England bowled well, and Pakistani batsmen were guilty of playing some poor shots.

Still, Pakistan have won the last 3 ODI series.

England a lot of work to do before India.

ReputationRep:
    Simon Jones is flying over early to do work with Cooley and Lillee ahead of the series.

Interesting that England subbed off Flintoff for Anderson, since Flintoff is obviously one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment. Maybe he was carrying a niggle or something.

ReputationRep:
    Flintoff was unable to bowl because of a sore ankle. Anderson did very well. At least England were able to salvage some pride.

ReputationRep:
    Flintoff has the same problem that he had in SA. Lets hope he has recovered before India.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the only thing pete77 will be eating for dinner tonight is his own words.
    No thanx I never eat my own words ! I have no reason to !

--------------

Simon Jones is flying over early to do work with Cooley and Lillee ahead of the series.

Interesting that England subbed off Flintoff for Anderson, since Flintoff is obviously one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment. Maybe he was carrying a niggle or something.
    Obviously some people dont follow the game properly and arent too commited !

Yes he had an ankle strain !

Obviously Eng wanted a 3-2 loss badly as they proved bowling today as I suspected yesterday !

ReputationRep:
    if this match had any meaning pakistan would have actually TRIED to win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    if this match had any meaning pakistan would have actually TRIED to win it.
    Exactly They would actually have used their full strength squad including Inzi, Shoaib etc

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.