Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay they win by 68!

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    how selfish is gibbs...just getting some runs for himself...there was a time where he could have gave it a proper go instead he just takes singles! LOSER
    my thoughts exactly. it doesn't even help their NRR by batting out the overs.

ReputationRep:
    game over...bang beat SA by 67 runs...WOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    my thoughts exactly. it doesn't even help their NRR by batting out the overs.
    It actually does.

IOn the end they divide it by 50 regardless so ppl try to get more runs (I think)

ReputationRep:
    i dont think gibbs was thinking about the team...just about getting his 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaW)
    It actually does.

IOn the end they divide it by 50 regardless so ppl try to get more runs (I think)
    yeah i know, but they've probably got a better chance of getting more runs if someone like Gibbs goes for it in the latter stages rather than letting his partners gradually get themselves out on an uneven track.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. You're right. Batting out 50 runs matters.

I was initially thinking that SA will win easily, but once Ashraful came onto the crease, I was with Bang all the way! :king1:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Proud to be a Bangladeshi today
    Shows the win over india wasnt a fluke!

ReputationRep:
    Well deserved Bangladesh! Now if you can only beat WI...

ReputationRep:
    and ireland AND england....we are through to semis

ReputationRep:
    Ireland they SHOULD beat. England thay CAN beat; Windies too.

Tomorrows match is interesting. I REALLY REALLY hope that Aus win by a huge margain. IT will give Bangladesh a bigger chance to enter the semis.

ReputationRep:
    yaayyy bangladesh won :p:

so happy

:suith:

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh matches to come
    England v Bangladesh, Barbados, 14:30
    Bangladesh v Ireland, Barbados, 14:30
    West Indies v Bangladesh, Barbados, 14:30

SA matches to come
    West Indies v South Africa, Grenada, 14:30
    South Africa v New Zealand, Grenada, 14:30
    South Africa v England, Barbados, 14:30

England matches to come
    Australia v England, Antigua, 14:30
    West Indies v England, Barbados, 14:30

England's problem is they need to beat Australia who are on amazing form :p:
    SA also have to consider NZ who are a solid side too...
    whereas if you look at Bangladesh's matches to come, well they've played their hardest fixtures already imo...
    Obviously pivitol matches will be Bang vs Eng

WI play all 3 of the teams and i think they will be a potential banana skin for all the teams, no one wants to be shown up and trashed when they are the hosts :eek:
    But hmm this result opens up the 4th spot

ReputationRep:
    Well dont the bangla's. THey've opened the tournament up a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Bangladesh matches to come
    Bangladesh v Ireland, Barbados, 14:30
    West Indies v Bangladesh, Barbados, 14:30

SA matches to come
    West Indies v South Africa, Grenada, 14:30
    South Africa v New Zealand, Grenada, 14:30

England matches to come
    Australia v England, Antigua, 14:30
    West Indies v England, Barbados, 14:30

England's problem is they need to beat Australia who are on amazing form :p:
    SA also have to consider NZ who are a solid side too...
    whereas if you look at Bangladesh's matches to come, well they've played their hardest fixtures already imo...
    Obviously pivitol matches will be Bang vs Eng

WI play all 3 of the teams and i think they will be a potential banana skin for all the teams, no one wants to be shown up and trashed when they are the hosts :eek:
    But hmm this result opens up the 4th spot
    England dont have to beat Australia.

England lose to Australia in a closeish match. Then beat SA, Bang and WI. And they are through.

England lose to Australia and SA. Then beat Bang and WI, then South Africa need to beat West Indies or NZ to be ahead of England.

So really, the England match against the Aussies matters a lot less than it did yesterday morning. As long as England beat South Africa and Bangladesh (both very possible) then they go through!

ReputationRep:
    Once Pollock went, Gibbs has no intention of playing for anything other than his average. A disgrace. With Kallis in their side too they really know how to pick 'em. Their lack of any semi decent spinner is really being shown up. They'll be lucky to get to the semis let alone justify their number 1 ranking and win it!

To go through, England must beat SA. Then get two out of three wins against Aussies, Bangles and WI. It seems doable

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Gibbs was hindered by his injury so couldn't go for too many big swings or come down the wicket? He hit one boundry and a six in his whole innings if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    What an excellent effort by the tigers, Whatmore is working wonders with the team. South Africa bottle it once again.

This result should favour England and West Indies.

ReputationRep:
    It was a really great match to watch last night! Bangladesh definitely deserved to win.
    Today's match could be just as interesting, if England play to their full potential. My bid however is on the Aussie's to win. What does everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    game over...bang beat SA by 67 runs...WOW
    What a match :rofl:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.