Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Eng lost it when Collers got out.

Beating Aus is no mean feat i also think Eng got some harch decisions when Aus batted Hayden and Gilchrist were both out in the 1st 5 overs!

Also Mahmood is no good. Bring back Plunkett!

Mahmood has pace but he gives waaay to many runs and no wickets, however it was nice to see McGrath get smashed around.

ReputationRep:
    Well played Australia! A convincing victory for them! Good captaincy by Ponting, applying the squeeze at the right time.

Kevin P and Bells innings go to waste. England should and CAN do better.

Mahmood should be banned from playing Cricket.

I've always explained how gash Mahmood is, and yet Fletcher completly bums him!

I'm a little disappointed with Monty, wanting him in our one day side for so long I expected him to be amazing when he got there and prove them all wrong, but his place isn't totally secure... We need to start training Broard up, he'll play a lot of county games this summer... the man has real potential. I still remember his 20/20 bowling he had an economy in all games of about 4!

ReputationRep:
    Mahmood finished off with 0-60 in 9.2 overs. Beautiful figures.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...et/6537709.stm

i think hes just rubbing our noses in it. What a nob!

502 off 50 overs, 256 in an innings by tresco. There must have been some record broken there surely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benisright)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...et/6537709.stm

i think hes just rubbing our noses in it. What a nob!

502 off 50 overs, 256 in an innings by tresco. There must have been some record broken there surely!
    256 runs! :eek2:
    Just shows how badly we need Tresco back

ReputationRep:
    Not really that simple though...county performances don't always translate into test performances. We need the proper Tresco back for sure, but we need don't need the broken Tresco who cracks up and needs to fly home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)
    Not really that simple though...county performances don't always translate into test performances. We need the proper Tresco back for sure, but we need don't need the broken Tresco who cracks up and needs to fly home.
    Hehe wonder what's the 'stress-related illness' was all about? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It was a shame, Mahmood needs to practice or something, he's not reliable enough. I'm a bit disappointed with monty as well. Collingwood is an excellent cricketer, but he didn't have much luck then.

ReputationRep:
    All rubbish and over hyped *cough*

ReputationRep:
    TBH, the way the group is now it's looking less and less likely England will qualify for the semis. The Bangladesh game is crucial but you also have to watch out for the Windies as they can pull something out of their next 2 games

ReputationRep:
    And watch Bangladesh get into the semis
    IF the pitch is right for them (their remaining 3 games are all on the same pitch) Bangladesh will go through imo :p:

ReputationRep:
    [ Mahmood needs to practice or something, he's not reliable enough.
    Stop being euphemistic. What you really mean is that he needs to be shown the way out- Out of the team :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    And watch Bangladesh get into the semis
    IF the pitch is right for them (their remaining 3 games are all on the same pitch) Bangladesh will go through imo :p:
    The way things are going, that might just happen :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I've always explained how gash Mahmood is, and yet Fletcher completly bums him!

I'm a little disappointed with Monty, wanting him in our one day side for so long I expected him to be amazing when he got there and prove them all wrong, but his place isn't totally secure... We need to start training Broard up, he'll play a lot of county games this summer... the man has real potential. I still remember his 20/20 bowling he had an economy in all games of about 4!
    Fletcher really needs to go. Wheres Plunkett when you need him? He can also bats and bowls pretty well. He would be a better option for England.

I understand what you said about Monty Ben, but England clearly need more spinners. Instead of removing him from the team, give him someone to work with instead!

I've heard about Broard. He's a decent bowler and wouldn't do too badly at International level.

Did you see the performance by Rankin today? From Ireland? Why doesn't England draft him into the team? He only needs to control his extras, but with his potential, I don't think it will take him very long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Man)
    Fletcher really needs to go. Wheres Plunkett when you need him? He can also bats and bowls pretty well. He would be a better option for England.

I understand what you said about Monty Ben, but England clearly need more spinners. Instead of removing him from the team, give him someone to work with instead!

I've heard about Broard. He's a decent bowler and wouldn't do too badly at International level.

Did you see the performance by Rankin today? From Ireland? Why doesn't England draft him into the team? He only needs to control his extras, but with his potential, I don't think it will take him very long.
    And what about Dalrymple? Why aren't England playing him?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if I were Fletcher, I would have a different team.
    Jamie Dalrymple is.... over rated. Really. There are lots of better all-rounders than him.

I wish England had Simon Jones back... and Harmison.
    Harmison did SO well the last time England was in WI. He went up to become the best bowler in ODIs because of that tour!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if I were Fletcher, I would have a different team.
    Jamie Dalrymple is.... over rated. Really. There are lots of better all-rounders than him.

I wish England had Simon Jones back... and Harmison.
    Harmison did SO well the last time England was in WI. He went up to become the best bowler in ODIs because of that tour!
    Yeah I miss Harmy Jones still unfit :rolleyes:
    I wish we had Tresco though We'd have a stronger batting line-up. If I was Fletcher, I'd throw away Mahmood first ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    And don't forget Ed Joyce.
    And Flintoff.

ReputationRep:
    And don't forget Ed Joyce.
    And Flintoff.
    Ed Joyce? You want him back?! :eek2:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.