Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    South Africa 356-4 (50 overs) v West Indies
    SA showing how its meant to be done :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Crazy captaincy by Lara, did he forget about that final powerplay?

Crabderpaul gone early. WI in big trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)
    I'd wager you also forgot about Laker as well (Unless being the only bowler to take 19 wickets in a test while haveing a similar career strike rate and economy to Murali doesn't make for a bowler of note?)
    Well....I think its a sorry state for English spin if you've got to go back almost 50 years to find one geniune one. I was quite obviously taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Well....I think its a sorry state for English spin if you've got to go back almost 100 years to find one geniune one. I was quite obviously taking the piss.
    It was more 50 years back rather than almost 100 years but still the point stands about the state of english cricket if people still are clinging to the memory of this english great.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm sure he forgot about that final powerplay!

But these teams need to stop with amazing batting displays... my revision for my A2 exams is virtually non-existant! New Zealand yesterday and SA today, they were both brilliant!

West Indies need a miracle to get them outta this hole. What are the odds of Gayle getting a double hundred??? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epicurus)
    It was more 50 years back rather than almost 100 years but still the point stands about the state of english cricket if people still are clinging to the memory of this english great.
    Whaddaya mean? I said 50... :p:

ReputationRep:
    West Indies Innings
    63 for 1 (10.4 overs)

not a bad start? goooooo windies!

No - sodding - chance... sorry but they can't keep this up for the full 50 overs!

ReputationRep:
    Lara is still there....anything is possible....

ReputationRep:
    Whaddaya mean? I said 50... :p:
    I will consider rep to contend that you said 50 and delete any posts that suggest otherwise. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I was hoping for a WI victory - just so that its harder for SA to get into the semi-finals.. but daaamnnn SA are good!

ReputationRep:
    Meh theyve all but sealed it..
    credit to WI tbh (with batting) they managed to keep above 5 and close to 6 runs per over but shame they kept losing wickets...
    Had SA gotten anything below 300, i think Windies wouldve won today
    Hopefully NZ spank SA though?

ReputationRep:
    Well....I think its a sorry state for English spin if you've got to go back almost 50 years to find one geniune one. I was quite obviously taking the piss.
    I'd be surprised if Australia and Sri Lanka gave us two spinners who were as good/better than Murali and Warne. If you're talking once (or twice, apparently) in a generation bowlers then 50 years isn't a long time :P

ReputationRep:
    Hogg is better than anything England have produced for years.

ReputationRep:
    Any spin bowler of note on the international circuit is better than anything England have produced for years.

ReputationRep:
    how you can say that while Gareth Batty is still alive is beyond me :O

no, wait a minute...

ReputationRep:
    Batty does have an honour....he was hit for six when Brian Lara went from 379 to 385 to break the world record enroute to his epic 400*

ReputationRep:
    Will be a tough game against Bangladesh, I reckon. Mortaza, Ashraful, Ahmed and Iqbal...There's so much talent there, just lots of inexperience. In 5 years time they will be a competitive test side imo. As it stands, shock ODI results are always a possibility, though. I think Bangladesh may struggle against Anderson and Mahmood- particulatly the bounce of Mahmood. Conversely, England may struggle against the spinners if they lose early wickets again.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt Pietersen the best player of spin? Bangladesh have looked good in the field which you need when you play with spinners imo...
    But then a lot of England players have a lot to prove (looking at the SA match yesterday and what they did )
    Bangladesh do struggle against pace sometimes like against SL but then they took advantage against SA's pace... :confused:
    bah too inconsistent i tell ya :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh are erratic and inexperienced atm, they have potential. Give them until next world cup perhaps their youngsters will develop and consistency will follow.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.