Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rafique got his man! ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    "England just can't start against spinners"

No, they just can't bat

ReputationRep:
    Aahahahaha! :rofl:

I don't care who wins now. England will not get enough run rate points outta this!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: 6 gone!

ReputationRep:
    At the start of this tournament I think many people worried about Englands bowling and I'd have been one of them, thought it would have to be our batting that got us through but our batting has been atrocious. We do not deserve to be in the semis and it will be a fluke to get a result against SA

ReputationRep:
    I said it before and I'll say it again; England should play more spinners!

Didn't they see what Bangladesh did to SA with their spinners?

ReputationRep:
    Shame really, had Bang got another 50 to 100 runs on the board, they wouldve had a good chance?
    (i went cinemas instead of watching the match :p:)

ReputationRep:
    175 could have been too many, and 200 winnable...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Man)
    I said it before and I'll say it again; England should play more spinners!

Didn't they see what Bangladesh did to SA with their spinners?
    If Giles was fit he might have played as well but I don't think theres any other spinner who is good enough at the moment. Dalrymple isn't really good enough but I guess Vaughan is a decent spin option too.

It isn't really our bowling which is letting us down though. It can improve, its been a wayward and too defensive at times, but it hasn't really been hammered. Its really our batsmen who are letting us down.

8 runs needed... and England haven't scored from the last 19 deliveries

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if Eng can beat SA now..?
    I mean SA showed such a strong batting line up after their loss but England look kinda flat against Bangladesh?

We need a hattrick to liven up the match! :p: whos with me?!

ReputationRep:
    The batting it is! But don't forget how England batted against Sri Lanka. Its the fault of the openers. Still wish Terso was back.

So it your batting doesn't work, strengthen your bowling! So that the bowlers restrict the opposition to a total which the batsmen can chase down! Logic.

England STILL need 8 runs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Wonder if Eng can beat SA now..?
    I mean SA showed such a strong batting line up after their loss but England look kinda flat against Bangladesh?

We need a hattrick to liven up the match! :p: whos with me?!
    Aye!

ReputationRep:
    Bah that run out wouldve helped

ReputationRep:
    Bangladeshi very generous! The English couldn't score so they gave them 4 byes!

Comeon England, be polite and lose 3 wickets!

ReputationRep:
    Eng win...but Bangla hold your heads up high...

ReputationRep:
    :blush:

England win. I'm not going to celebrate though, the performance has been way too embarrassing. Nothing short of a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    very well done Bangla.. Impressive!

but unfortunately..

ReputationRep:
    This reminded me of the match between Pak and India at Sharjah. Pak scored just 142 and India couldn't chase it down till the 47th over. And they were 7 down.

Bangladesh are the winners. Considering the state of Cricket in their country, they have done wonders in this WC.

England, not a convincing victory!

ReputationRep:
    not at all a deserving win by England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Man)
    The batting it is! But don't forget how England batted against Sri Lanka. Its the fault of the openers. Still wish Terso was back.

So it your batting doesn't work, strengthen your bowling! So that the bowlers restrict the opposition to a total which the batsmen can chase down! Logic.

England STILL need 8 runs!
    It may be logic but it's not that easy really. Plus when you look at the batting line-up you feel there is the potential to get a big total but we just fail to perform.

What do you think? Is it lack of form from over half the team or is it the way they're trying to play?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.