The Cricket Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
150 would be an achievement from here on in.
Dude that's an understatement. It'd be a milestone- a golden milestone.
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All hopes lie on Bopara now...150 atleast!
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need a hug
Pezking
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need a gun
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Ayaz, you change your prediction constantly, of course you're right eventually!

And what are you talking about with the pitch? Very minor variations in bounce and some decent carry, that's all. This is a good batting track! The bowling has been tight and our batting crap. England are not going to do equally well, only Flintoff can actually bowl with any kind of consistency. (Except Mahmood maybe, the problem being he's consistently BAD.)

And Nathan give Collingwood a break, he got some runs. He bats slowly because our upper order put us under pressure constantly, he bowls a bit and is our best fielder. In fact he's our second best ODI player behind KP, I don't really get your hate campaign against the guy!
I made one prediction; that Collingwood would go cheaply. When did I change it? :confused:

Well, if its a good batting track, then England just threw away their chances of getting into the semis! Soz, I'm not watching the match, just picking up from you guys.

Right. Like I said before, SA win by 5 wickets.
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woohoo 2 boundaries by Bopara off Langeveldt . Wish he'd retain the retain the strike for the next over though. G'luck Monty...
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
150? I was hoping for 200
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pezking)
I need a gun
I need a nuclear bomb.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
150 would be an achievement from here on in.

The problem with England is they've got their ODI order all messed up, and carrying too many passengers in the side. It doesn't help that Flintoff has gone from geniune allrounder to bits and pieces crappiness, and that the bowling attack has looked off colour. Vaughan and Mahmood need to be out, and someone who can actually bat and bowl respectively need to come in.
Well yeah. What the hell has actually happened to Flintoff? Nobody seems to care because he's still our best bowler, but the man CAN bat, but he doesn't anymore. Anybody know his average in the last year? Bet it's under 20! It's a big problem.

I say Loye for Vaughan and Broard for Mahmood. Our selectors are so demented I bet they'd drop Anderson first though! :rolleyes:

Bopara is getting some shots at least - pretty much taken a place in the side. Not difficult when a team is this poor, but meh, about time we had a player with some mental stability and some shots to play. Monty to get a quick century. :cool:
Pezking
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think it's done as much as it did for England against Bangladesh, SA have bowled well but nothing special that a half decent batting side should have too much trouble with. Unless our bowlers produce an outstanding performance we are gone
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well yeah. What the hell has actually happened to Flintoff? Nobody seems to care because he's still our best bowler, but the man CAN bat, but he doesn't anymore. Anybody know his average in the last year? Bet it's under 20! It's a big problem.

I say Loye for Vaughan and Broard for Mahmood. Our selectors are so demented I bet they'd drop Anderson first though! :rolleyes:

Bopara is getting some shots at least - pretty much taken a place in the side. Not difficult when a team is this poor, but meh, about time we had a player with some mental stability and some shots to play. Monty to get a quick century. :cool:
:dito: on the Monty bit
Bopara for a 30, anyone?
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
150? I was hoping for 200
Puh-lease! Getting to 150 seems like the toughest challenge atm and you're talking about 200
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think it's done as much as it did for England against Bangladesh, SA have bowled well but nothing special that a half decent batting side should have too much trouble with. Unless our bowlers produce an outstanding performance we are gone
I would put my money on Anderson (is he playing?).
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
England... what?!!! :eek: :bawling:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stranded)
Puh-lease! Getting to 150 seems like the toughest challenge atm and you're talking about 200
What the score?
I hope SA gives some extras
tis_me_lord
I disagree. I think the pitch is good for batting, but the bowling HAS been pretty good, and the captaincy better. Obviously a better side WOULD do better, but I don't see any team getting an amazing score with bowling like this... I didn't see SA vs Aussies, wish I had. Would like to see how to get 300+ against bowling like this if it was indeed equally good.

(Another 4, come on 150!)
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
140/8
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I disagree. I think the pitch is good for batting, but the bowling HAS been pretty good, and the captaincy better. Obviously a better side WOULD do better, but I don't see any team getting an amazing score with bowling like this... I didn't see SA vs Aussies, wish I had. Would like to see how to get 300+ against bowling like this if it was indeed equally good.

(Another 4, come on 150!)
Woohoo yes! :five:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
140/8
Thanks!
Ravinder Gopal Bopara scores 30+.
England reach close to 200.
tis_me_lord
Monty getting hardly any runs and looking like the tailender he is...

BUT...

He plays with a straight bat and watches the ball, and times in well. It's only good defensive shots rather than run scoring shots, but there's definite potential. Why nobody ever picks up on this I don't know, I seem to be the only person in the world who does... but Mahmood (who obviously bats up the order from Monty) plays across the line constantly. I swear Monty is actually the better batsman...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (849)
80.7%
Leave (203)
19.3%

Watched Threads