Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Ugh Bangladesh need a more aggressive captain, half throwing away all the hard work :mad:
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackysparkle)
    lol ----

sheesh playing in their homeland and not doing well - what a downer
    Shame, must be really hard on them :s: Really must be feeling the squeeze...

ReputationRep:
    Windies posted a total of 230. Pretty decent compared to the position they once were- 8-2 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    so fletchers gone guys...new england coach? any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    damn, I missed everything for the lectures. Now I have got a test tomorrow and God knows when I am going to study

We are capable of getting 231 but I don't dare to hope! If we get a good start and keep some wickets till 35th over, then we might have chance even if the run rate is 6 to 7. Bashar needs to play a good innings. It's due for sometime.

Come on boys!

ReputationRep:
    I was stuck between who I want to win today...I wanted the Windies to win as they haven't had a good world cup..and being the host...winning their last match before packing things would be good..

But at the same time...I have liked the way Bangladash have performed...they were one of the underdogs...but ending up in the super 8's is a great achievement for them...and they have had the chance to experience cricket with high quality teams...which will help them grow even further...

I actually think in a few years time...if they carry on the way they do...and make slight changes here and there..and carry on practicing...I can see them being the next Sri Lanka...

ReputationRep:
    run out

Aftab again coming at number three. The team management will never learn. It is true that Aftab will hammer the bowling if he stays there for a while but he is just too inconsistent and gets out quickly. Bashar or Ashraful should have been there.

ReputationRep:
    hes already out!

ReputationRep:
    And regarding England's situation...they should play the Windies and India matches...with a reversed batting order to what it is now...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....52 for 6...game over like the Irish yesterday..?

ReputationRep:
    If we're looking for a new ODI captain my vote is for Strauss, Collingwood right now is the epitomy of our problem...slow run scoring, whilst I don't doubt his ability with the bat he can't play the same role he does in tests in ODIs, he just never seems to play any shots and gets out long before he gets settled enough to do so. I think we need someone who can lead by example, whilst prior to the ashes last/this year you'd immediately think Flintoff (although he never really seemed like a good captain to me, I think it was far too much for him to handle) I'm not sure theres anyone who can really do that right now judging by these performances. Trescothick would be an option but considering the reason he's not playing for England right now I don't think captaincy would be a good move. Strauss showed good potential when he captained the side a while back.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    feltcherz gone? -- thats news to me

ReputationRep:
    feltcherz gone? -- thats news to me
    ;yes;

He's leaving after the WC.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oooh I see -------- I hope that doesn't happen to our coach!!

ReputationRep:
    I heard he's going to coach England after the WC :ninja:

Or was that just a hope? A wish? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :p: -- in your dreamsss!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What a disaster.......back to old days
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I actually think that Bangladesh are an up and coming team - next world cup they should be really good!

ooooohhhhh finally the big match tomorrow! NZ Vs Aussies

ReputationRep:
    If sri win the CWC i am 100% that moody will leave!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have a bad feeling too - I think he just wants us to win the cup again and thats it

Well -- if he does leave I hope our team doesn't collapse - coz Jayasuirya will be retiring from ODI soon enough

Hopefully Moody doesn't leave

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.