Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if sri lanka bat 1st it will be good...obviously they need to make a good score 1st but on them wickets in the 2nd innings aussies will find it hard to chase 250+ against murali and co.

any thoughts?

(Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    if sri lanka bat 1st it will be good...obviously they need to make a good score 1st but on them wickets in the 2nd innings aussies will find it hard to chase 250+ against murali and co.

any thoughts?
    Mmmhmm, though Sri Lankas strength lies in their bowling, and Murli is good enough to get spin at any stage on any track so Sri Lanka are perfectly capable of winning from either position. But they all need to be on amazing form to pull it off. If any team can do this, it's Sri Lanka. Every nation bar Australia is surely on their side!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    --- our batsmen better not do any suicidal runs :argh:

and yes :ditto: to tis_me_lord's post -- Murali is great coz hez a spinner and the Aussies should find it hard to bat against him - we still have Malinga and Fernando [who should hopefully be better this time!!!] + we have the ever faithful Jayasuriya and the return of Tilekaratne!

ReputationRep:
    Once again the aussies wrap up things easily. No matter how much we might dislike their arrogance one has to say they really put the money where their mouth is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    do I hear Jet lyrics?

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Austraaaaaaalia.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Lankans. Do Asia proud.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best final, with the two best teams. Sri Lanka are capable of knocking the Aussies out of their stride. I'm going for a famous Sri Lankan win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Probably the best final, with the two best teams. Sri Lanka are capable of knocking the Aussies out of their stride. I'm going for a famous Sri Lankan win!
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad.H)
    Once again the aussies wrap up things easily. No matter how much we might dislike their arrogance one has to say they really put the money where their mouth is.
    They're such jerks- they go like they're not afraid of the Lankans. Mega prats.

ReputationRep:
    do I hear Jet lyrics?
    Na, mere coincidence

lol stranded. I've got a feeling Australia will cruise the finals but let's hope Sri Lanka prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stranded)
    They're such jerks- they go like they're not afraid of the Lankans. Mega prats.
    Why should they be afraid? They're close to 30 unbeaten WC games on the trot...

Only difference to this Sri Lankan team they're going to play and the Sri Lankan team they have played on a few occasions during that unbeaten run is Lasith Malinga. I don't think anyone can really 'prepare' to play against him by watching vidoes etc. Everyone who's faced him has commented on how difficult he is to play and I doubt even the Aussie top order batsman will be any different. If he can produce a devastating opening spell like the one against NZ (ok he only got 1 wicket, but made Taylor/Fulton look like clowns) then we're in with a shout.

ReputationRep:
    Why should they be afraid? They're close to 30 unbeaten WC games on the trot...
    They shouldn't. I know they shouldn't. But making such bumptious comments and exposing it out to the media just shows what hot-headed jerks they are. I sense a hint of complacency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad.H)
    Na, mere coincidence

lol stranded. I've got a feeling Australia will cruise the finals but let's hope Sri Lanka prove me wrong.
    Let's hope so Asad. Lets just hope so...

Blackwell with the breakthrough! :cool:

Hopefully Leicester will be all out for pretty much the same as we got, and we can just see who has the best second innings... Langer to get 315 again instead of 14. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not the right place but you guys will understand it...

I think CN just bowled the perfect delivery which has smashed through TSRs defences and ripped middle out of the ground

ReputationRep:
    who was it on here who said a few days ago that dale steyn was rubbish? he has just helped us (warwickshire) bowl out champions sussex for 151...very impressive! woooo im happy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    gooooooooooo Srrrrii LLLLaaannaaakkkaaaaa!!! bring back that 96 victory!!! :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pezking)

I think CN just bowled the perfect delivery which has smashed through TSRs defences and ripped middle out of the ground
    Huh? What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pezking)

HOWZATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!?!??!?!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.