Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Bracken looks like new McGrath material. Tait is good too but an entirely different type of bowler...
    yeah tait bowled relatively well, but although he was very expensive at times, the fact of the matter is that he tooks wickets
    bracken is certainly improving, with his mix up of pace, but still doesnt have that aura that glenn has
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bracken most certainly looks like another Mcgrath -- took quite a few wickets this WC

and yeah - by now I think there would be a couple of Aussies retiring - but then again, they are bound to have a prep-team filled with trained up players to replace them knowing the Aussies

ReputationRep:
    Bracken most certainly looks like another Mcgrath
    He doesn't :s:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I didn't mean 'looks-wise' I meant that the dude has skill :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackysparkle)
    I didn't mean 'looks-wise' I meant that the dude has skill :cool:
    Lol yeah I know. I thought you meant his bowling style is akin to Mcgrath's :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :eek: no! - that would be blasphemy! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackysparkle)
    :eek: no! - that would be blasphemy! :p:
    :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Surely Stuart Clark is more of a McGrath clone? I think Bracken would struggle in test cricket tbh, especially once the ball stops swinging.

Brett Lee, Tait, Johnson and the impressive Hilfenahaus too. I think that pace attack compares quite well to the others around.

A spinner to replace Warne, now thats a difficult question. Two 36 year olds in Hogg and MacGill seem to be the leading candidates. Not a lot else though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well everything changes once you apply it to test cricket really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemsta)
    yeah tait bowled relatively well, but although he was very expensive at times, the fact of the matter is that he tooks wickets
    bracken is certainly improving, with his mix up of pace, but still doesnt have that aura that glenn has
    Bracken has been quietly efficient in the ODI format. Some averages against decent teams:

SAF: 27.53
    IND: 17.66
    SRL: 14.40
    WI: 17.37
    ENG: 17.11
    NZL: 35.25

at a career average of 21.36

The only ones to have worked him out are New Zealand by the looks of it, so he's gonna be leading the attack for the next few years. Then there's Mitchell Johnson, Tait and of course Lee. That's a pretty good attack.

ReputationRep:
    yeah brett lee will still be a force once he returns from injury
    pity he couldnt play in the world cup
    i think stuart macgill should be given the nod...seeing that he could take wickets at test level, and stick with hogg in the one dayers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Surely Stuart Clark is more of a McGrath clone? I think Bracken would struggle in test cricket tbh, especially once the ball stops swinging.

Brett Lee, Tait, Johnson and the impressive Hilfenahaus too. I think that pace attack compares quite well to the others around.

A spinner to replace Warne, now thats a difficult question. Two 36 year olds in Hogg and MacGill seem to be the leading candidates. Not a lot else though.
    For the spinners, I'd plump for S MacGill.

Why is Taunton such a dead track?! :mad:

Went all the way down there today with my friend (hour and a half drive). Caddick got a double wicket maiden to start with, putting Katich in, in the first over. End of the day and he's on over 200 and still going strong, the team being almost at 500 and 4 down. :rolleyes:

No doubt Tresco/Langer/White etc will match it, and it will be 2/2 draws there!

Who would want to bowl for Somerset? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It does seem kind of ridiculous. Teams can get points deductions for producing bowler friendly wickets, perhaps the same should be done for wickets that produce no chance of a result!

I'm going to Old Traffold tomorrow :champ: I haven't been there before so looking forward to it. I was hoping to see Benning bat but Surrey collapsed near the end of the day

It does seem kind of ridiculous. Teams can get points deductions for producing bowler friendly wickets, perhaps the same should be done for wickets that produce no chance of a result!

I'm going to Old Traffold tomorrow :champ: I haven't been there before so looking forward to it. I was hoping to see Benning bat but Surrey collapsed near the end of the day
    I wouldn't worry, Lancashire have had a terrible season... so you should limit them to the same kinda score you got, or maybe just slightly more.

btw did Mark Butcher always play for you? I'm sure he did, but my friend says he didn't... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I wouldn't worry, Lancashire have had a terrible season... so you should limit them to the same kinda score you got, or maybe just slightly more.

btw did Mark Butcher always play for you? I'm sure he did, but my friend says he didn't... :confused:
    I support Leicestershire :hmmmm: I'm going to OT tomorrow with a friend just to see some good cricket

Butcher has always been at Surrey. Your friend is an idiot :p:

I support Leicestershire :hmmmm: I'm going to OT tomorrow with a friend just to see some good cricket

Butcher has always been at Surrey. Your friend is an idiot :p:
    Oh, we beat you.

*points and laughs*

ReputationRep:
    :champ: We took your 20/20 crown

:champ: We took your 20/20 crown
    Well Tresco and Langer want it back! :cool:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.