The Cricket Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its on a Pakistani channel, ARY digital (Sky channel 812)
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fair enough...i dont have sky anyway, but if i did i would watch it...grudge matches are always worth watching...
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Less than a week left until the mother of all series!

Yes, I am talking about the 1st Test between India and Pakistan at Lahore which starts on Friday.
Are there any ways of watching it on the internet like their last series? I remember my friend payed $80 for the Tests and ODIs and we used to stay up watching them until lectures started, then go to lectures, come back and sleep immediately.....oh, those were happy days! :rolleyes:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Its on a Pakistani channel, ARY digital (Sky channel 812)
I have sky... but do you need to pay extra to see that?
sim90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
india gna win it
sierraleone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pakistan are very good at home and India are in good form, so I'm just gonna sit on the fence at the moment.

What was the result of the series last time the teams played in Pakistan?
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^ I don't know - I'm Indian and hence will be supporting India, but I think that it'll be close in the Test series and that Pakistan go in as favourites in the ODIs.

--------------

(Original post by skd180)
Pakistan are very good at home and India are in good form, so I'm just gonna sit on the fence at the moment.

What was the result of the series last time the teams played in Pakistan?
Last time they played in Pakistan, India won the Tests 2-1 and the ODIs 3-2.
sim90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
india have improved there batting during the sri lanka series and dhoni i jus on fire. lol.....
pakistan have won england and there batting has also improved.......
u cant reli predict hus gna ein now but i think it will be a good series as both teams are currently in good form!!
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sim90)
india have improved there batting during the sri lanka series and dhoni i jus on fire. lol.....
pakistan have won england and there batting has also improved.......
u cant reli predict hus gna ein now but i think it will be a good series as both teams are currently in good form!!
What the hell are you writing? Stop writing in text language - it's bloody annoying! :mad:
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I have sky... but do you need to pay extra to see that?
Ya, its 10 quid a month.

Pakistan did well against England, but India will be familiar with Pakistani conditions, so I'm predicting 1-1 for the Tests.

ODIs - Pakistan should, and probably will, win.

--------------

(Original post by pratikv)
Are there any ways of watching it on the internet like their last series? I remember my friend payed $80 for the Tests and ODIs and we used to stay up watching them until lectures started, then go to lectures, come back and sleep immediately.....oh, those were happy days! :rolleyes:
try www.willow.tv
sierraleone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cheers pratikv, thought the results were something like that but couldn't be arsed to check.

Reasons?

I'm more inclined to think the opposite of that. India are arguably the most inform ODI team in the world at the moment. They stopped South Africa's 20 match odd winning run and have won 8 in the last 10 ODIs or something. They won the ODI series last time out in Pakistan too.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ya, its 10 quid a month.

Pakistan did well against England, but India will be familiar with Pakistani conditions, so I'm predicting 1-1 for the Tests.

--------------

try www.willow.tv
We used Willow last time, but they're not doing this series (well, I can't find the details on the site).

--------------

Reasons?

I'm more inclined to think the opposite of that. India are arguably the most inform ODI team in the world at the moment. They stopped South Africa's 20 match odd winning run and have won 8 in the last 10 ODIs or something. They won the ODI series last time out in Pakistan too.
I'm supporting India, but I think Pakistan have the edge - they're confident after beating England. Also, they have quite a few allrounders in their squad, and a number of them are matchwinners on their day, so I think they may win the ODI series, however I hope India win the test series. Inzamam has been in stunning touch - he never made less than 50 against England in the Tests - India will have to get him out early as he's such a threat. Still, I'm encouraged by the fact that on the first day of the warm-up game against Pak A, all of India's top 4 made 50s (Gambhir, Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar), and I hope that they do equally as well when the Tests start. Anyhows, I really think this should be a mouth-watering series - two in-form teams and the rivalry should make for a scintillating series.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Reasons?

Pakistan have won their last three ODI series (India in India, WI in WI, Eng in Pak). They are an excellent ODI outfit, because of the depth of their squad (especially their allrounders - Razzaq, Afridi and Malik) - the latter two enjoy playing against India especially and have outstanding records against India. Pakistan have won the last 11 of their 13 ODIs or something (and had a run of seven straight wins before the England series, four of them against India after being 2 down).

India are no doubt a good ODI outfit, they've been doing well BUT the Ganguly saga isn't helping them at the moment. In fact I hope they don't pick him in XI (he's not playing the tour match so unlikely to play in the 1st Test).
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you all pretty much said it, its gonna be a really tight series in Tests and ODIs and TBH neither team has the edge right now. Its gona be great veiwing Any1 know what Sky channel its being broadcasted on?
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
you all pretty much said it, its gonna be a really tight series in Tests and ODIs and TBH neither team has the edge right now. Its gona be great veiwing Any1 know what Sky channel its being broadcasted on?
812 (ARY digital).

Good news is, that they've hired Imran Khan to join the commentary team
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pakistan have won their last three ODI series (India in India, WI in WI, Eng in Pak). They are an excellent ODI outfit, because of the depth of their squad (especially their allrounders - Razzaq, Afridi and Malik) - the latter two enjoy playing against India especially and have outstanding records against India. Pakistan have won the last 11 of their 13 ODIs or something (and had a run of seven straight wins before the England series, four of them against India after being 2 down).

India are no doubt a good ODI outfit, they've been doing well BUT the Ganguly saga isn't helping them at the moment. In fact I hope they don't pick him in XI (he's not playing the tour match so unlikely to play in the 1st Test).
Ganguly isn't playing the tour match for the same reason Sehwag and others aren't - because they were playing in the Ranji Trophy in India in domestic games and arrived in Pakistan after the rest of the Indian squad.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
Ganguly isn't playing the tour match for the same reason Sehwag and others aren't - because they were playing in the Ranji Trophy in India in domestic games and arrived in Pakistan after the rest of the Indian squad.
ahhh - yes I'd forgotten about that.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Socrates, where are you from exactly? You just seem to be very knowledgable/interested on India/Pak games. I'm Indian myself (the little flag gave it away, didn't it? :p: ).
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It seems as though Sri Lanka are going to lose the 4th ODI as well. They made 273 from their 50 overs and 200/3 after about 37 - they've got plenty of wickets in hand and the required run rate is still below 6 - seems fairly easy!

Poor Sri Lanka seem to have fallen from grace in the ODI world recently.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooh, things are getting interesting! New Zealand just lost two quick wickets and now have two new batsmen at the crease and require 50 from 45 balls - they should still do it, but this makes the match far more exciting!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (61)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.34%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.66%

Watched Threads