Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Harmison will get 3 before lunch. Wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    76 runs to go, 3 wickets left.

We shouldn't have let it get this close :afraid:

Panesars bowled 50 overs :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm keeping my fiver. Windies can't lose it from here, especially since Chanderpaul is immovable. Taylor will hang around till they need less than 50, then Chanderpaul will open up and race home.

ReputationRep:
    This partnership is the key one, Collymore and Fiddy are genuine tail enders so I dont think we'll have too much trouble getting rid of them if we have to.

Chanderpaul seems quite prepared to let the tailenders have the strike, doesn't he.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear....9 down

ReputationRep:
    What an amazing catch by Bell to clinch the game! Probably purely instinctive, but still, not bad.

Chanderpaul just ran out of partners in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Graham Ford turns down India job :rolleyes: back to square one then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas Ghata-Aura)
    Graham Ford turns down India job :rolleyes: back to square one then
    Who needs an overall coach anyway? Just another source of controvery and conflict in Indian cricket. The team needs a man manager than a proper coach.

ReputationRep:
    Big up the england Massif! Harmison finally came good, and good to see it. He has so much in him!

I think chanderpaul batted well, but at the end of the day i bet he's kicking himself that he went so painstakingly slow. He only really tried to up the tempo and play more positively (which appeared natural to him) when he had begun to lose partners, at which time it was too late.

Anyway :champ:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a West Indies supporter (well I'm Guyanese - so that makes sense) and I think that the standard of cricket being played by the West Indies recently has been poor. The thrashing at Headingley sums up the way they've been playing for much of the season. The World Cup was poor, hopefully, they'll do a lot better in the next test on Friday, at the Riverside.

ReputationRep:
    Recently? WI have been poor for a while. Pathetic team. Not quite as bad as Bangladesh mind you, but still pretty bad. There are some good players but the mediocre outshine the good.

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh still beat India during the world cup. Saying that, Ireland beat England

ReputationRep:
    I thought the West Indies showed a bit of fight in this test match though. If they had the right 11 on the field then they might have actually won that match.

The Windies should get rid of Collymore and bring Powell back. Maybe think about dropping one of the batsmen for Marlon Samuels (Gayle maybe?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsmann)
    Recently? WI have been poor for a while. Pathetic team. Not quite as bad as Bangladesh mind you, but still pretty bad. There are some good players but the mediocre outshine the good.
    They are better then people think IMO. Bravo is a real talent. They've got some inexperience players but they can compete, so I wouldn't say they were a pathetic team. Players like Smith, Bravo, Samuels, Ramdin, Taylor, Powell and Edwards all have potential. If they have the right work ethic and attitude towards the game, then I think in years to come they will be a decent team.

ReputationRep:
    I think Chanderpaul had to go slow, there was so much time to get the runs. WI missed a batsman today - it could have been different if there had been a proper batsman.

Well done England all the same - good win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckiciao)
    Bangladesh still beat India during the world cup. Saying that, Ireland beat England
    i guess i must have been asleep/dead for that game or something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AesopRock)
    They are better then people think IMO. Bravo is a real talent. They've got some inexperience players but they can compete, so I wouldn't say they were a pathetic team. Players like Smith, Bravo, Samuels, Ramdin, Taylor, Powell and Edwards all have potential. If they have the right work ethic and attitude towards the game, then I think in years to come they will be a decent team.
    I agree! A lot is said about how bad the WI are but I actually think they have quite a talented line up. They have some genuine matchwinners in the squad and should be doing better than they are.

I think the problem seems to off the field. The WICB seem to be a joke, with this never ending sponsorship dispute especially embarrasing. They've also made a few big selcetion errors in the past few years with the captaincy and the appointment of Bennett King.

Edit: Oh yeah, the WICB has also been very unhelpful to Allen Stanford, a billionaire who wants to pump money into WI cricket. They've tried to undermine his attempts at every oppurtunity!

ReputationRep:
    monty monty monty
    there is only one

who the hell is sammy or is it the old trafford pitch

ReputationRep:
    Erm, England beat Ireland in the World Cup, not the other way round...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AesopRock)
    I thought the West Indies showed a bit of fight in this test match though. If they had the right 11 on the field then they might have actually won that match.

The Windies should get rid of Collymore and bring Powell back. Maybe think about dropping one of the batsmen for Marlon Samuels (Gayle maybe?).
    Noooooooooo..............it would be a very bad idea to bring in Marlon Samuels because, as you lot might be knowing, he had written to the WICB saying that he was treated unfairly in the nets........perhaps he may perform uselessly purposely.........Gayle is a good player........I just have a gut feeling that he might make it big in the test at Riverside.......and a handy bowler too.!

They have to bring back Powell......he is a cool bowler, but not at the expense of Collymore, cos he is a good swing bowler........better to knock out Jerome Taylor!

I hope that Sammy could fire with the bat so that WI will have another all - rounder........!

I expect this one to be close too...........but it may not be with rain forecasted for the next 2 days at Riverside!

Hard luck for Liam Plunkett, however, not being able to make his home debut!

Same goes out for Graham Onions, who was expecting to be selected for this test!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.