Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what crowd attendances are like in Sri Lanka, or available capacities - but I'm guessing if they're higher in the other Asian countries then that could be one of the main reasons for giving them the majority of the big games.

At any rate, the ICC will still probably set the ticket prices equal to about a month's wages of the locals and so have empty seats like they do at most events.

ReputationRep:
    ^ No way, if there are good matches out here, then we draw big crowds out here!

ReputationRep:
    BTW, does anyone play StickCricket out here?

Just asking because I want to join or form a new tournament and so I need some of you guyz to join me or let me join.

So do you think it's a good idea to start a "Official StickCricket Thread"?

PS - I just whacked 316 with Ponting on the All Star Slog 50 overs! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Stickcricket ftw

Although Cricinfo started a new slogout which is pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    ^ ftw?

ReputationRep:
    for the win

ReputationRep:
    ^ ah kk so wt do u think, shall i start a new league exclusively for TSR members?

ReputationRep:
    go for it

ReputationRep:
    :champ:

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl I need your support to start the TSR StickCricket League so please PM me or post in the thread and help me out!

ReputationRep:
    yesssssssss durham ftw

ReputationRep:
    duram/essex what happened there??? essex 71 all out?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a dodgy pitch which is a shame. They should have kept the test pitch, that played pretty well.

Warwickshire look to be marginally ahead against Hampshire. 100 needed from 20 overs with Sanga and Ambrose at the crease and 6 wickets in hand. Hampshire will have to bowl well to win from here.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, Sangakkara gone to Ervine! I think it may have just swung towards Hampshire.

ReputationRep:
    hampshire you ****ing legends Another lords final for us

Batted crap, but you gotta say hampshires bowling and warnes captaincy was immense

ReputationRep:
    The battle between Warne and Sangakarra was top class today - shows one of the plus sides of having as many overseas players as we do.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Strauss has been hard done by? Last summer he won the series against Pakistan and then was axed, never to get the captaincy again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Anyone else think Strauss has been hard done by? Last summer he won the series against Pakistan and then was axed, never to get the captaincy again.
    Er, He did captain the first test of the summer...

I don't think hes being considered for the ODI captaincy because hes not really a one day player. Hes averaging 31 which is poor having opened for the majority of his innings. It wouldn't make sense to axe Vaughan because hes not a great one day player and appoint an equally poor one day player who is a poorer captain.

Strauss' place in the side is in real jepordy at the moment. Since the Pakistan series hes got 415 runs @ 24.41 in tests and 392 runs @ 23.06 in ODIs. If Flintoff regains his fitness for the India series then Strauss would probably be the one to miss out.

ReputationRep:
    Its true he hasn't been in the greatest of form recently, however I would disagree that he is a poor ODI player (certainly better than Vaughan, and he does have a couple of centuries to his credit, IIRC).

I doubt that Strauss would be dropped for Flintoff because I hear Bopara is injured so presumably they would bring Flintoff in for him and take the five bowler risk. The problem with England is that there isn't a dearth of quality batsmen waiting in the wings so I reckon Strauss will be persisted with, because he is a good player but just going through a rough patch.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or have england finally proven that flintoff is maybe not that indispensable as first thought? Granted we were playing a poor W.I side, but do we really need 5 mainstream bowlers? I would certainly hope we continue with sidebottom (even though he is getting on a bit), Hoggard is our mr reailable, almost our version of mcgrath, monty is looking more and more like an attacking batsmen. The only thing missing is a fast pace bowler, someone like harminson but IF he gets it together, (maybe even jones whens he fit) then i think we dont require flintoff.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.