Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely Humiliating for the Indians, I mean 27 off H.Singhs over the look on his face after !

How can your first change bowler be Ganguly on a flat deck ! Ridiculous !

Good for Pakistan though, supreme performance !

Lets see how India bat now flat deck same surroundings, different bowlers to face !

ReputationRep:
    Ended the day on 65 for no loss. Like I said before, important toss to win, especially if it starts to spin towards the end of the test.

Credit to all the centurions, unfortunate for Younis Khan to get out on 199 but I suppose no-one remembers that after Afridi's destruction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd180)
    Ended the day on 65 for no loss. Like I said before, important toss to win, especially if it starts to spin towards the end of the test.

Credit to all the centurions, unfortunate for Younis Khan to get out on 199 but I suppose no-one remembers that after Afridi's destruction!
    Spare a thought for poor Kamran Akmal, who scored 102 off 80 balls (Gilchrist who :p: ) and was overshadowed by Afridi...

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, credit to all centurions as I said.

Is the follow on target 200 less than the Pakistan total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd180)
    Indeed, credit to all centurions as I said.

Is the follow on target 200 less than the Pakistan total?
    480 is India's target. Still a long way to go.

I mentioned Akmal because everyone is on about Afridi's innings, even when Akmal playing an Afridi-esque innings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Pakistan have put India out of their misery by declaring at 679/7.

Afridi and Akmal also recorded hundreds.

Amid all the speculation, Rahul Dravid has come out to open the innings with Sehwag.
    I have a lot of respect for Dravid coming in to open the innings (especially since he averages around 20 there on the occasions he has opened compared to about 60 at his regular number 3 slot). I'm praying for a draw and the Indian team batting well, so that hopefully they'll have some good batting preparation for the second test.

ReputationRep:
    480 is India's target. Still a long way to go.

I mentioned Akmal because everyone is on about Afridi's innings, even when Akmal playing an Afridi-esque innings.
    480 seems a very very long way away at this moment in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    480 seems a very very long way away at this moment in time.
    Indeed. IMO its all on Sehwag. If he gets a blazing start here, India could avoid the follow on and muster a draw. If he goes early, India could struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. IMO its all on Sehwag. If he gets a blazing start here, India could avoid the follow on and muster a draw. If he goes early, India could struggle.
    Yeah, perhaps you're right. I just pray Ganguly either does excellently and proves his worth or fails miserably and they return Gambhir/Jaffer to the side - a very mediocre performance by Ganguly would probably mean that he gets the benefit of the doubt to play in the second game, which isn't exactly the ideal situation to be in for a key role in the middle order, and resulting batting order reshuffle.

ReputationRep:
    India are off to a decent start - they're 100 without loss after 19 overs. I pray that we play a decent game (and if we don't, then I pray for rain! ).

ReputationRep:
    Sehwag on the verge of another hundred (he really does like playing against Pakistan doesn't he?!)

ReputationRep:
    I think the test matches will end up being a draw....But for the ODI I think Pakistan have the edge....
    Well, I am Pakistani after all...lo0ol

ReputationRep:
    Well rain and a good start by India seem to indicate a draw, but there's still plenty of time left I guess.

Is any more rain forecast for the rest of the test?

ReputationRep:
    Bad weather is forecast for tomorrow as well....

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely Disgraceful !

Playing cricket in the winter when this is expected :mad: !

ReputationRep:
    Shame.

ReputationRep:
    403 for no loss off 75 overs, if that's not roflcopter, I don't know what is. Takes the piss really.

Anyways, great stuff by Sehwag (2nd fastest double hundred in tests) and Dravid did a good job too.

ReputationRep:
    Dead game...definately a dead game...good stuff from sehwag...but this pitch is just takin the piss of good bolwers like kumble, bhajji and shoaib...

afridi was awesome though...4 6's in an over...doesn't happen often...and he'd premeditated going for 6 sixes...only he's mad enough to decide that before the over!!!

faisalabad test picth is gna be just as bad, if notworse...another drawn test...i thinnk the side batting 1st at faisalabad should just bat all 5 days and smash as manyr ecords as possible cuz even thats gna be a no result pitch...

karachi pitch is the only one thats gonna give a result...my prediction...series 1-0 to pakistan...and the Odi's 3-2 to Pakistan

but then again im pakistani...so there mite be sum bias...

wat pisses me off is how the pitches are gona spoil wat wudav been an enthralling test series...o well...

--------------

sehwag could get lara's 400 the way he's goin...if he stays at the crease and if the weather stays fine

the 415 world record for the opening partnership is definatley gonna go down...i think india's gonna declare at tea...give pakistan a bit of a bat, to possibly take a few wickets and a psychological edge into the next game...

ReputationRep:
    What a poor pitch! I'm disappointed that this test is going to be a draw. Still, it's good to see some decent batting and you've got to admire Sehwag and Dravid for playing so well - 403 without loss is simply unbelievable! Anyhows, let's hope the rest of the Indian team get some batting practice sometime tomorrow on this toothless track ahead of the next test at Faisalabad.

ReputationRep:
    This is Test cricket of the 1980s

Awesome batting by both sides though, Sehwag really loves playing Pakistan doesnt he?!

But its no wonder the stadiums are empty. People want results not boring draws.

Faislabad and Karachi, fingers crossed, will be better.

Don't forget though - India are still 80 runs short of the fall on target :p:

If there is any play tomorrow, India will probably just bat on until tea and then declare.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.