Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Play hasn't started yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Play hasn't started yet!
    It hasn't for England at any rate. I know we may still have played poorly but the sitting duck nightwatchman really did get India going this morning. A new coach but with the same negativity, shame really :p: .

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe my eyes. Firstly how quickly the ground dried up, then Pietersens dismissal, and then the collapse.

ReputationRep:
    game on! England 298 ao...

ReputationRep:
    Time for Tremlett to perform on the big stage - if he bowls at his best he will be a handful for India even on a flat pitch. However if we're wayward with the new ball I can see the runs piling on thick and fast.

Out of interest where's Sehwag on this tour?

ReputationRep:
    Sidebottom strikes! First Indian wicket down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesD89)
    Playing for Delhi I presume. His recent form has been horrible, and so he's been dropped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesD89)
    As much as I like watching him, I don't think he would have handled today's swing convincingly. And India need more than a quick 20/30 at the top of the order.

ReputationRep:
    a bit off topic but biggie-n, what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    a bit off topic but biggie-n, what do you study?
    Economics...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Playing for Delhi I presume. His recent form has been horrible, and so he's been dropped.
    Fair enough, just hadn't seen him play or seen his name mentioned in any matches recently. All he needs now is for someone to do a Karthik when he's in single figures and he could kick on back into some sort of form :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its the hair I tell you. All of Sehwags form was in it. He lost it with his hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Its the hair I tell you. All of Sehwags form was in it. He lost it with his hair
    lol. poor guy, he's not even 30!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my uncle saying that he had a very short career ahead of him when I first saw him bat. Turns out hes right!

Yeh poor guy :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol I was wondering why sehwag went bold all of a sudden hehe
    he bowls better than he bats, he really shouln't be in the team for his batting.

ReputationRep:
    eH shouldn't be in the team at all. There are alot of openers like him. What India needs is someone to bat thru, not just cut the ball away (flukes some of them), get to 30 and get out.

He went bald when he got married...

ReputationRep:
    lol
    yeh he really wasn't good against the new ball when he opened, he occasionally hit a boundary but other than that he didn't bat well at all. I still remember the way he played against pakistan when he made 309, he is an aggresive batsmen but he's lost his place in the team now. He's not coming back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    lol. poor guy, he's not even 30!
    Bit like Rana Naved, 27 and bald already...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh forgot him.

Ricky Ponting balding too! Jayasuria already bald, Shane Warne...

I wonder if Sangakarra will lose his hair.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.