Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Adarshster)
    Also, Afridi's damage to the pitch was permanent, this isn't.
    Er, no it wasn't. Otherwise every bowler running on the pitch is permanently damaging the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Er, no it wasn't. Otherwise every bowler running on the pitch is permanently damaging the pitch.
    He is. That's why they're warned for doing so. After 3 warnings they're not allowed to bowl in the innings.

ReputationRep:
    He is. That's why they're warned for doing so. After 3 warnings they're not allowed to bowl in the innings.
    I meant running as in what they normally do, not actually runnning on the pitch, poor choice of words from me there.

But I'll bet my bottom dollar that if a brown team had dropped jelly beans on the pitch, the Sun's headline would have been "Pakistani cheats get reverse swing from jelly beans".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    you havent got a clue have you, i think someone else mentioned this before as well. I said NOTHING offensive to anyone but as soon as theres a bit of banter you feel the need to start behaving recklessly and deleting posts. I suggest you stop being a fruitcake and allow a proper discussion to take place which is the reason people come onto the forum ffs.

judging by the way you see innapropiate posts im shocked you havent deleted the comment saying "indian fans are stubborn and narrow minded"
    For the record, at least two people took offence to your post that I removed, and I agreed with them that it was uncalled for. I'm under no illusions and readily admit that I know next to nothing about cricket, but that does not mean I'm completely clueless, thankyou very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    I meant running as in what they normally do, not actually runnning on the pitch, poor choice of words from me there.

But I'll bet my bottom dollar that if a brown team had dropped jelly beans on the pitch, the Sun's headline would have been "Pakistani cheats get reverse swing from jelly beans".
    Could you clarify what you mean? They're not allowed to run on the danger area of the pitch even in their run up.

No point hypothesising what would have happened.

ReputationRep:
    I meant like when they run up and bowl, they are meant to get off the pitch as soon as possible but taller and faster bowlers often take a little longer to get off the pitch, which is what spinners incidently use "the bowlers footmarks" to get more turn and bounce on the latter days of the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Yup true. But any half educated person would no better than to listen to the sun thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    I meant like when they run up and bowl, they are meant to get off the pitch as soon as possible but taller and faster bowlers often take a little longer to get off the pitch, which is what spinners incidently use "the bowlers footmarks" to get more turn and bounce on the latter days of the match.
    If the footmarks encroach the danger area, then it is still illegal. Afridi was dancing in the middle of the bloody pitch !!

11. Damaging the pitch - area to be protected
    (a) It is incumbent on all players to avoid unnecessary damage to the pitch. It is unfair for any player to cause deliberate damage to the pitch.

(b) An area of the pitch, to be referred to as 'the protected area', is defined as that area contained within a rectangle bounded at each end by imaginary lines parallel to the popping creases and 5ft/1.52m in front of each and on the sides by imaginary lines, one each side of the imaginary line joining the centres of the two middle stumps, each parallel to it and 1ft/30.48cm from it.
    I'm not condoning what England did btw.

ReputationRep:
    If the footmarks encroach the danger area, then it is still illegal. Afridi was dancing in the middle of the bloody pitch !!
    And I'm not condoning what Afridi did. But the media reactions (to both) have been lopsided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    And I'm not condoning what Afridi did. But the media reactions (to both) have been lopsided.
    No, but you implied that bowlers are allowed to run on the pitch during their run up, which they aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Yet they still do, but no one's calling for them to be banned, mainly because it'd mean everyone would be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Yet they still do, but no one's calling for them to be banned, mainly because it'd mean everyone would be banned.
    NO! They don't run on the danger area!! The footmarks that you see are perfectly legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Believe that if you want, although averaging 36 against a third string England bowling atack would convince me otherwise. I cant even remember his last test century that wasn't against Bangladesh tbh.
    See Suc-Cesc!!!'s reply above.
    Plus: http://www.indianexpress.com/story/208349.html to reinforce what I said before.

Well it was an obligitary apology if you ask me. Although I guess he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Slight change of opinion there...so much for 'cheating ****'.
    I notice you dont respond to the fact that he bowled a 2 foot no ball
    I didn't see the ball in question. If someone would care to provide a link. Even so, I doubt you can prove it was a calculated attack. Saying that an international bowler can't get is so wrong is not good enough. I wouldn't have thought Harmison was capable of bowling consistently to second slip either...
    2) Atherson called Tendulkar a comic hero because he is one. No, really.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6462199.stm
    Ok, I have no idea if you had any idea what I was really referring to earlier, but just in case: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...1/scath201.xml

ReputationRep:
    Daz: Luke wright 92 off of 57 balls in a pro 40 game atm

ReputationRep:
    If you're English (which I doubt) then you're an embarrasment to the country to be honest. Please dont bracket me and you together as 'us england fans' because we are nothing alike.

The other day you were accusing another english poster of being part of the BNP because he had a flag of St George above his post count. Your parents must cry themselves to sleep at night having produced you as offspring.
    youv not actually criticised any of my content, so how do you want me to reply to personal insults? The difference between you and me is that i am a realist and appreciate when a better team wins and not look for excuses. You are in the minority (i hope) of england fans.

Dalimyr: TAKE ACTION...i find the above comment offensive and the ones about indians being narrow minded as have/will others, are you going to delete them???????

ReputationRep:
    Use the post report button in the top right hand corner.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horrorshow)
    Daz: Luke wright 92 off of 57 balls in a pro 40 game atm
    He had 513 runs in 43 List A innings before tonights game. Hes currently on 119* :dontknow:

I'd be delighted if he does come good but just think he'll be found out against the better quicker bowlers. Gloucs team is full of military medium trundlers :p:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, this is your final verbal warning. If I have to come in here again, I WILL be issuing warning points. Calm down and stop insulting each other. Doesn't matter if you post it then edit it out afterwards (SuperDaz :hmmm:), don't do it to begin with. Capisci?

ReputationRep:
    Heh. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    He had 513 runs in 43 List A innings before tonights game. Hes currently on 119* :dontknow:

I'd be delighted if he does come good but just think he'll be found out against the better quicker bowlers. Gloucs team is full of military medium trundlers :p:
    Military Medium bowlers: Too True! :laugh:

Hmmm. I think you're right that in 20-20's he's just a slogger. It seems he's brought that mentality over to the 40 over game which at the moment is serving him well. His poor record can't be ignored, but I assume previously he just prodded and poked around a bit (previous to 20-20 tactics), and it's pretty obvious he has a poor defensive technique!

Ooh, looks like sussex just edged it. Some quite high pro 40 scores this year. Last year something around 160 seemed to win alot of games!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.