Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just popping in to neg pete...ah - life is good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    just popping in to neg pete...ah - life is good...
    Neg pete? Why?

ReputationRep:
    well - it started off when i posted his threatening PMs on the thread...and I, to be honest, had forgotten it, until he negged me again yesterday, so i thought, why not!

its even funnier because he's worth nothing...

I wouldn't have returned it if he had actually made a comment as to why he did it, but he didn't, so I assumed he was just being an arse and did the noble thing...

(Original post by Socrates)
    Well done to Akmal on a fine hundred on what seems like a bowlers pitch. :congrats:
    That guy's turning into a real legend!

ReputationRep:
    Do you want this threda re-sticking??

ReputationRep:
    I dont think we would complain about that, no :love:

(thats a yes )

(Original post by Cindy)
    Do you want this threda re-sticking??
    Erm, ja!

ReputationRep:
    Done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    That guy's turning into a real legend!
    He's rivalling Gilchrist as the best keeper in the world!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Akmal played a fine innings when the chips were down for Pakistan - he really deserved that Man of the Match award. :yy:

(Original post by Socrates)
    He's rivalling Gilchrist as the best keeper in the world!
    He's not the player he used to be now, sometimes gives a good knock but all too often he doesn't anymore, eg the ashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    He's not the player he used to be now, sometimes gives a good knock but all too often he doesn't anymore, eg the ashes.
    Yeah, Gilly used to have a lot more 'spice' in him, but he's been going through a lean trot - still, the hundred he made against Sri Lanka the other day was pretty impressive. I don't think he's past it yet - maybe he just needs a couple of good knocks to boost his confidence again?

ReputationRep:
    pakistan owned !!!!

(Original post by pratikv)
    Yeah, Gilly used to have a lot more 'spice' in him, but he's been going through a lean trot - still, the hundred he made against Sri Lanka the other day was pretty impressive. I don't think he's past it yet - maybe he just needs a couple of good knocks to boost his confidence again?
    He's still a good player certainly, we would use him over Jones if we could, but in compaison to what he used to be he's not so hot. Maybe he could improve from a few good knocks, but his wicket-keeping is also getting sloppy, I don't think his game is going to pick up again.

ReputationRep:
    Great victory for Paki! Certainly deserved it after being 39-6.!

Aussies give South Africa a good thumping, guess that's a good thing as I'm cheering for Sri Lanka.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan have had a great winter. Destroyed England, frankly played them of the park, and beat India in a convincing manner too. Maybe a return to the golden years of Khan-Miandad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    Pakistan have had a great winter. Destroyed England, frankly played them of the park, and beat India in a convincing manner too. Maybe a return to the golden years of Khan-Miandad.
    Yes that does look likely although they still need more victories away from home. Also this time seems to be a team effort with a hell of a lot more contributions with people like Shoaib learning to bat after 10 years. People like Afridi learning to be a little more consistent after 10 years. Sami being kicked out after poor performances for 3-4 years. Its taken its time coming the talent was always there & Bob seems to have got unity out of players and gelled them together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    Yes that does look likely although they still need more victories away from home. Also this time seems to be a team effort with a hell of a lot more contributions with people like Shoaib learning to bat after 10 years. People like Afridi learning to be a little more consistent after 10 years. Sami being kicked out after poor performances for 3-4 years. Its taken its time coming the talent was always there & Bob seems to have got unity out of players and gelled them together.
    Opening is still an issue. If that is sorted they will be back to the old best!

ReputationRep:
    The opening 'problem' is not a problem ! It is a created issue and so called 'problem' !

Why not play two natural openers for a couple of series and see the results; Ideally a left right combination. Drop the makeshift opener and dont keep swapping them around !

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.