Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    I think that's BBC being sarcastic. And if Aleem Dar is the best, he's got a hell of a way of showing it.
    He stood in the Ashes (perhaps one of the most intense Test series, if not the most) and got nearly every single decision right. And generally has a knack of getting decisions right. Unlike Darrell Hair for example, who had a knack of getting decisions wrong...

ReputationRep:
    Freddie in the hutch. Game on.

Haha, its as if Agarkar is saying, with his actions, "why didn't you pick me in the first three games mofos?!"

Shah in. I'd really love him to get some runs, he deserves success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    He stood in the Ashes (perhaps one of the most intense Test series, if not the most) and got nearly every single decision right. And generally has a knack of getting decisions right. Unlike Darrell Hair for example, who had a knack of getting decisions wrong...
    Aleem Dar is a Pakistani, right? And India weren't playing in the Ashes...

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, its as if Agarkar is saying, with his actions, "why didn't you pick me in the first three games mofos?!"
    We did.

And the answer would be: "because you were absolutely ****e" :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Aleem Dar is a Pakistani, right? And India weren't playing in the Ashes...

:vroam:
    :p:

Yes he is Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    We did.

And the answer would be: "because you were absolutely ****e" :yy:
    He does have a knack of being extremely inconsistent, can smash Australia one day and then be hammered by crappy teams on another...

ReputationRep:
    He does have a knack of being extremely inconsistent, can smash Australia one day and then be hammered by crappy teams on another...
    He's never been the same since his injury during his early years. I heard he was widely tipped to be one of the fastest bowlers in the world - going over 90mph at 19. But then injuries hit him, he lost a yard of pace and was never able to stake a claim for a regular starting spot.

You're right. He's a good bowler on his day, though I've never seen him be a match-winning one.

ReputationRep:
    He's never been the same since his injury during his early years. I heard he was widely tipped to be one of the fastest bowlers in the world - going over 90mph at 19. But then injuries hit him, he lost a yard of pace and was never able to stake a claim for a regular starting spot.

You're right. He's a good bowler on his day, though I've never seen him be a match-winning one.
    Adelaide 2003? Though Rahul Dravid had a massive part in that win, it was Agarkar's bowling in the Aussie second innings which turned the match completely around.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I totally forgot about that game. 6-41 he had in the second innings...match winning indeed!

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...16DEC2003.html

ReputationRep:
    Probably one of the best test matches I've ever seen...to be 400-5 on the first day and lose :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Shah out now with a stride big enough for the jolly green giant, no surprise he didn't keep it down.

ReputationRep:
    England are still favourites as long as Collingwood is there. India need to get him quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Match swinging in India's favour, though England's hopes rest with their skipper

ReputationRep:
    Colly gone. England 7 down...it's getting very tense.

ReputationRep:
    Bopara to get 99 with the tail? I think India have got this one, though its never over until the fat lady sings...

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly, not a single Englishman on the pitch at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly, not a single Englishman on the pitch at the moment
    Haha, well theres one out there now

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well theres one out there now
    Ah yes. I forgot Shah was out.

I guess I'm wrong, unless Broad was born in Calcutta. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I thought you meant the moment the wicket went down - there was Bopara and 11 Indians, so until Broad came out, you were right technically

ReputationRep:
    I thought you meant the moment the wicket went down - there was Bopara and 11 Indians, so until Broad came out, you were right technically
    Apart from the fact that one of them was born in England :flute:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.