Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Yeah. He's similar to Collingwood in that sense. On his day, he can be a very effective bowler. (Admittedly I haven't seen him play too many times for Essex, but whenever I have, he's done quite well). I know he's not very quick, but his military medium pace can be frustrating for the batsman.
    Whenever county pros or ex-county pros on sky sports talk about Dimi, they say that his medium pace is frustrating, but unlike Bopara Dimi has McGrath like accuracy. On most pitches he bowl 10 overs during the middle period and go for about 3/4 an over (econ 3.77 in 36 overs for ODIs) and if there is something in the pitch he'll probably pick up a few wickets (he opens sometimes on Hampshire wickets, ahead of Tremlett).

Bopara's called a golden arm for a reason, because he'll come on, bowl a couple of overs, take a wicket and then get back to fielding. That's usually his job. Collingwood's got a bit more experience, especially in one-dayers so he can bowl more then a few overs - but I don't see Collingwood as a genuine wicket taking option, most of his wickets come from batsman error.

ReputationRep:
    India seem to have got into the powerplays a bit better 37-0. No early wickets like the previous few games.

ReputationRep:
    India going steady at 50-0

ReputationRep:
    Still going at 97-0.
    Colly's bowling well.

ReputationRep:
    117-1, shame Sachin ended a nice innings with that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gambhir lofts for 4. Anderson gets his panties in a twist.

ReputationRep:
    150-2
    Ganguly was tempted.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad he didn't hang around and waste balls. Showed good intent. Now the rest can press on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    Gambhir lofts for 4. Anderson gets his panties in a twist.
    :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    ganguly did play well!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Kartick is due a knock. If he doesn't perform this time - that's 5 in a row where he's failed. He might've performed in the tests but he needs to prove himself on the one-day stage.

ReputationRep:
    **** me. Big edge on that one. Not given. More crap umpiring.

ReputationRep:
    **** me. Big edge on that one. Not given. More crap umpiring.
    Woah! An Indian batsman getting luck from an umpiring decision? That's long overdue.

But in all honesty, I think the batsman should walk if he knows he got a nick on the ball. Which batsman was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Woah! An Indian batsman getting luck from an umpiring decision? That's long overdue.

But in all honesty, I think the batsman should walk if he knows he got a nick on the ball. Which batsman was it?
    Yuvraj. No point walking. If luck evens out over a series, then its no good walking off.

ReputationRep:
    Yuvraj. No point walking. If luck evens out over a series, then its no good walking off.
    There's not enough time for the luck to even out. But I still think Yuvraj should've walked.

Although I'm being a bit critical. Just a couple of weeks ago I was 90% sure I got a nick on the ball when I was playing a cup game. The opposition players just started celebrating, I was about the walk and the umpire (who looked drunk) just shook his head. :p:

ReputationRep:
    India have had their fair share of bad decisions... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    244-3 Gambhir goes after getting his 50.
    India seem to be hitting out.

ReputationRep:
    India finish at 324-6.
    Last few wickets fell quickly (Dravid and Dhoni). Nice to see Zaheer being bumped up the order...did better than Karthik :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You mean 324-6?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, dunno what I was typing.
    A nice start from India, shame about the two dropped catches.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.