Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horrorshow)
    100 for owais shah off 91 balls :congrats:

I personally can't believe it. But well played. He had to rebuild early on, but then I think he decided to change gear when luke wright showed him how to do it. Overall it turned into a bloody good strike rate.
    Always knew he had the ability to do well at this well, I'm pleased for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    JamesD, iirc, I've seen you on a sporting forum before. The name beats me at the second, but I think its closed down...
    Check my PM, I'm not sure either.

Always knew he had the ability to do well at this well, I'm pleased for him.
    I didn't see the innings today, but I remember when he got 80 odd on debut and looked a more confident player than Pietersen, since then he's seemed out of touch, certainly this summer. It's good to see 100's being scored from different positions in the order though.

ReputationRep:
    Sachin gets his 50...
    And people were prepared to write him off before this series started :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is brilliant by tendulkar atm. I didn't know he still had it in him, but it's great to see.

They deserve to win if they play like this. Not sure how long it will last though.

ReputationRep:
    84 for no wicket, another 10 overs with these two and its hard to see England clawing back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    Sachin gets his 50...
    And people were prepared to write him off before this series started :rolleyes:
    He's looked in good touch in the shorter form of the game. I just don't know why he looks so scratchy in the test arena. As in, can't put away all the bad balls and has a very poor strike rate and comes across as if he's struggling.

ReputationRep:
    I hated the way people, in particular Atherton, kept saying he's not the same player he used to be, but still a good one.

The same was said about Brian Lara, then he scored 400.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesD89)
    I hated the way people, in particular Atherton, kept saying he's not the same player he used to be, but still a good one.

The same was said about Brian Lara, then he scored 400.
    My point exactly. But sometimes it is criticism like that, that also spurs a player on to find the form that he may have been lacking. Certainly in the ODIs Sachin's been in great form, and hopefully he can convert that into a century today.

ReputationRep:
    ^ yap ur right james, sachin has been in blazing form and sourav is doing some gr8 work along with him, which really helps india, because its a well known fact that good opening partnerships can really take the momentum away from the opposition really quickly.......

Dimi seemed to have given the ball a good flog in the last over. In the name of the great god, why would Dravid be so STUPID as to give Yuvraj the ball in the last over??????? we all know that, though he does take the occasional wicket, he is far from economical and what the hell made Dravid think that he would do otherwise today??

PS - Have you lot heard about it? Sri Lankan first-class player Dhanuka Pathirana smacked 277 in a T20 match in the Lancashire Leagues!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess thats 3-3 in the series, all set up for Lords

We really need Flintoff back otherwise I can only see an India win

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think it's 3-3 just yet.
    I wouldn't put it past India to collapase if England can get rid of Ganguly/Tendulkar/Dravid.
    And with the way England have played in the last couple of ODIs, I think England have an amazing chance. It's India, unfortunately, that have looked the weaker side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Well I guess thats 3-3 in the series, all set up for Lords

We really need Flintoff back otherwise I can only see an India win
    28 overs still to play, can easily be 4-2 England with some consistent bowling, just need to do something to break up the partnership, KP for my money...oh, erm I meant Stuart Broad, top stuff! :p:

ReputationRep:
    See, Ganguly's just gone :p:
    150-1

ReputationRep:
    Sourav gone - 150-1

ReputationRep:
    Did I hear an echo?

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should mention KP since he did take the catch :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't think so :p:
    I hope that Gambhir knocks a few runs, for his sake and for the sake of the team.

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should mention KP since he did take the catch :p:
    Er...yeah, you didn't think I meant bowl him did you?

ReputationRep:
    Tendulkar out in the 90s again :mad: :hmpf:
    What are India doing?

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye sachin, sachin bye bye

All told, that was a brilliant knock.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.