Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesheephair)
    u19 looks like pakistan will win 27/7 rofl

looks like we have the worlds best u19 team
    Of course! Excellent win. At 109 it looked over but brilliant bowling!The well known pakistan tradition continues of batting badly and bowling amazing!Well played pak!:king1:

ReputationRep:
    yeh india should do better-pitches in asia aren't suited to england batting of 'blocking and stright drives!!' let alone the heat. this should be win for india but will be a hard one.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what Flintoff and Pietersen will be like playing in India - both are both capable batsmen, but I don't know how they will handle Indian pitches. The last time Flintoff was in India, he scored 26 runs in three innings if I remember correctly, but he has come on leaps and bounds since then in terms of both batting and bowling maturity. Still, I don't know if these two will be able to restrain themselves from their typically explosive batting styles (particularly Pietersen) and have the patience to actually construct an innings of substance. The only batsmen I think will definitely flourish in these conditions is Ian Bell, as he seems to have the patience to really work for an innings as proven by his relative prowess in the England tour of Pakistan. Anyhows, hopefully it will be an interesting series.

ReputationRep:
    we still don't know who has the rights tho! i reckon sky should get them very soon but the BCCI is being a pain in the ass and screwing around to get the most cash they can. typical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    we still don't know who has the rights tho! i reckon sky should get them very soon but the BCCI is being a pain in the ass and screwing around to get the most cash they can. typical.
    its not bcci, theyve sold the rights to nimbus, who must now decide what channel to sell the coverage to!

ReputationRep:
    i now know that BBC Test Match Special will be covering it on the radio but Sky's first bid for the rights was rejected by nimbus, which sucks for us cricket fans.

ReputationRep:
    TV rights in India have always been a mess. Nimbus paid $612 million for the rights to India's games which may have proved to have been far too much, the way Nimbus makes money is by selling advertising plus reselling the rights to broadcasters like BSkyB. Of course since Nimbus paid so much the resell prices are going to be enormous or Nimbus lose money on the deal, at the same time Sky aren't going to pay more than the coverage is worth so it's essentially deadlocked unless one of the two parties decides they will either sell the rights and lose money, or buy the rights and lose money. Unlikely to happen.

Anyway, with England's injury problems it looks like they might not have 11 players to put on the pitch. Tresco flying home today just seems like another nail in the coffin. I worry that England will never get the 11 who played together last summer on the pitch consistantly again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    TV rights in India have always been a mess. Nimbus paid $612 million for the rights to India's games which may have proved to have been far too much, the way Nimbus makes money is by selling advertising plus reselling the rights to broadcasters like BSkyB. Of course since Nimbus paid so much the resell prices are going to be enormous or Nimbus lose money on the deal, at the same time Sky aren't going to pay more than the coverage is worth so it's essentially deadlocked unless one of the two parties decides they will either sell the rights and lose money, or buy the rights and lose money. Unlikely to happen.

Anyway, with England's injury problems it looks like they might not have 11 players to put on the pitch. Tresco flying home today just seems like another nail in the coffin. I worry that England will never get the 11 who played together last summer on the pitch consistantly again.
    You're a little behind the times, Sky have already bought the rights off of Nimbus for all of India's home series until 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ****, I'm sorry I've been in the army for weeks and haven't had much news access, I'm trawling through old news and was under the false impression that there was still a deadlock.

My bad.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! 1st test match between india and england starts on wednesday! Cant wait that long! Lol shuld be very competitive! Dhoni has been absolutely fantastic at the moment, no doubt his form will carry on. Pity bout Yuvraj though, just when he was playing so well he gets injured. Hope he's bac in the team soon! Ya prob guessd dat im bakin india to win here so i wont say anymore... (Check out my profile picture!!!)

Im also backing South Africa on the odi series against the Aussies. I was so HAPPY when they won the 20twenty match and they also lead the odi series 1 nil at the mo. Go SA! Go SA! Lol who do you think will win that series???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazi Puji)
    OMG! 1st test match between india and england starts on wednesday! Cant wait that long! Lol shuld be very competitive! Dhoni has been absolutely fantastic at the moment, no doubt his form will carry on. Pity bout Yuvraj though, just when he was playing so well he gets injured. Hope he's bac in the team soon! Ya prob guessd dat im bakin india to win here so i wont say anymore... (Check out my profile picture!!!)

Im also backing South Africa on the odi series against the Aussies. I was so HAPPY when they won the 20twenty match and they also lead the odi series 1 nil at the mo. Go SA! Go SA! Lol who do you think will win that series???
    I think India are likely to win with Jones and Vaughan out for England and also a few players looking risky but u never know in cricket...England may pull it off. Should be an interesting series!

ReputationRep:
    Lol with flintoff and harmison still in the team, im not writing england off... well not yet!

ReputationRep:
    ah - Flintoff's good, but harmison has never looked like anything special when bowling is considered - England haven't really looked aggresive with the bowling since Jones injured himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    ah - Flintoff's good, but harmison has never looked like anything special when bowling is considered - England haven't really looked aggresive with the bowling since Jones injured himself.
    Yeah, I agree, Flintoff has some real venom, but Harmison only ever reached number one in the test bowling rankings a couple of years back because england just repearedly smasked the West Indies - he seems to have lost his potency and pep since then, and hasn't been nearly as effective against more challenging sides.

Anyhows, this series is going to result in a lot of all nighters of my part.

ReputationRep:
    Yep me and a mate are getting up at 5am on wed to watch the match (so i hope)! Even with Vaughn and Jones out and Trezzo, England have a strong team and if Owais Shah gets picked, id have him ahead of Vaughan anyday as hes a good player of spin. Harmisson is a tad overrated and Flintoff maybe wont do as well this series with burden of being captain. Should be a draw or india will easily win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Yep me and a mate are getting up at 5am on wed to watch the match (so i hope)! Even with Vaughn and Jones out and Trezzo, England have a strong team and if Owais Shah gets picked, id have him ahead of Vaughan anyday as hes a good player of spin. Harmisson is a tad overrated and Flintoff maybe wont do as well this series with burden of being captain. Should be a draw or india will easily win it.
    A draw? I think that is unlikely - I reckon India are going to win the series pretty convincingly - England's squad is just so weak now, and very few of them have played in India before, so it'll be tough on them, although I guess they should have picked up a few pointers of what not to do in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    I'm normally optimistic in nature, but I can't say I disagree - although admittedly I'm holding some judgement until I've seen the first test, as with so many injuries and me having not seen domestic cricket (bloody sky tv...) I dont have sufficient knowledge to do so.

ReputationRep:
    i think india will have a hard ride. sure england's squad is weka but have players who can do well. Anything can happen , i mean come on beating aussies and getting the ashes!!! its not gonna be easy but always does look in india's favour when playing on home turf and good greeat support.

ReputationRep:
    Despite how happy I was at winning the ashes, that was not a top notch aussie team they played against - it definitely wasn't the aussie team of the last 10 years. If warne hadn't been playing who'd've know how much we'd have spanked them by, and that is not a normal situation to be in.

ReputationRep:
    3-0 India seems a real possibility now...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.