Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

Need 500 on that wicket in day one though because their spinners will cause problems in the second innings.

ReputationRep:
    hmm....if England can skittle them tomorrow then we could be in for a real contest...

(Original post by bikerx23)
    hmm....if England can skittle them tomorrow then we could be in for a real contest...
    That batting lineup, that pitch, our bowlers? Possible but unlikely. But I'm hoping we do it! It's certainly not impossible to win, just difficult.

ReputationRep:
    what! you know how much of an optimist I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    what! you know how much of an optimist I am!
    With players like Laxman and Tendu to yet come its going to be hard! The only way is if England ball something spectecular, India makes a few mistakes or a few wickets are gifted to England e.g doubtful LBW's etc.

At the moment it looks to be in the balance.^o) Should be an interesting few days.

ReputationRep:
    Yes...if LBW's fall similarly it would, I agree, be equal...but when umpires make a gaff they tend from that point on to be less adventurous with their decisions, so you have the double effect of triggering one sides batsman and then refusing to give more worthy appeals when they bowl the following day.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent comeback by England putting on over 120 runs for the last two wickets - could be a very useful contribution in the scheme of things. Still, India have made a good start with Jaffer settling in after a difficult start and Dravid being Dravid, and doing what he does best - hopefully they can make inroads into the England score tomorrow, with Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni and Pathan still to come (and Kaif). It's a real shame that Yuvraj isn't playing after his sparkling century in a lost cause in the last Test in Pakistan and his impressive one-day form, but hopefully he'll be fit for the next match (fingers crossed). Anyhows, hopefully I'll be able to go and watch the cricket at a friend's place at 4.30am, as I'm sure that one of them has Sky Sports. Still, there's still everything to play for at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit! Only one of my friends has Sky Sports, and he doesn't like cricket! Bugger, seems like I might end up reading it on Cricinfo again. Grrr....

ReputationRep:
    Three quick wickets by Hoggard have put India well and truly on the back foot! First to go was Dravid and the next over Hoggard removed Jaffer and Lazman with successive deliveries and is now on a hat-trick with the first ball of his next over. India are in complete disarray due to Hoggard whose innings figures now stand at 4/28 from 15 overs.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, no hat-trick, Kaif manages to dig one out to deny Hoggard.

ReputationRep:
    India stumble limply to 190/6 thanks to some smart and incisive bowling by England - all the recognised batsmen are out bar Kaif who is at the crease with Pathan. If India don't manage to pull themselves together, then it seems like England will go into their second innings with a big lead. Terrible stuff from the Indians - very disappointing!

ReputationRep:
    Bugger this - Pathan out to Hoggard, which gives Hoggard figures of 5/29, and leaves India in tatters at 190/7 - an even more dreadful start after lunch, and I can only fear the worse! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    India on the ropes :eek:

Kaif has to prove his worth here...

ReputationRep:
    Indias road to recovery, 317/7 !!! YAY!! GO Kumble!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo I spoke too sooon.!!! Kumble caught out, india at 318/7

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! Kaif bowled out... Play ends with india at 322/7 !!

ReputationRep:
    Lol im sure you mean 322/9!!!!

They did alot more than i expected they would. Hats off to Kumble and Kaif who missed out on his maiden test century

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazi Puji)
    Lol im sure you mean 322/9!!!!

They did alot more than i expected they would. Hats off to Kumble and Kaif who missed out on his maiden test century
    lol, yea, i did mean 322/9 - typo :P

ReputationRep:
    Wow....what a day!
    Panesar must be chuffed to dismiss tendulkar for his first test wicket!
    And, Laxman going golden was quite a shock...I think this test could be very interesting in the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell- for a set of matches we should have been able to win this easily- we are doing astonishingly badly- we need to pull our socks up. However, v brave fight by Kumble and Kaif at the crease- might just manage to save the match.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.