Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    exactly - not like before the ashes where we gave the aussies about 2 months and 20 ODIs to get into their stride
    As i said Aussies undeperformed :cool: !

(Original post by pete77)
    They had 2 tour matches and net practice to adapt !

But dint have quality spin bowlers to practice against !
    Well exactly, give us a chance to play against your spin. Like I said, we already improved. Kaneria with no wickets, and a draw instead of a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Sorry to keep this going but Bell DEFINITELY needs to be in there. He's the new Thorpe. Collingwood hasn't performed at all at test level, so why do you give him second chances and criticise Bell to no end?

I'd pick Bell over Pietersen, more reliable. But the obvious choice is to replace Collingwood instead.

Simon Jones over Anderson in the blink of an eye.

Blackwell is FAT. I saw him in a Somerset vs Scotland match about a year ago and he does NOT look like a test match player. I know they said that of Flintoff or Shoiab, and look at them now. But he really is too damn fat.
    you may have misread...that was a potential ODI squad - which I dont personally believe bell is the right style of cricketer to play in.
    Also - blackwells fitness has significantly improved - did you not see him in the twenty20 this year?

you may have misread...that was a potential ODI squad - which I dont personally believe bell is the right style of cricketer to play in.
    Also - blackwells fitness has significantly improved - did you not see him in the twenty20 this year?
    Well you need to give him a chance in ODI's, Hussian used to be used in them afterall. It's not like you smack everything in ODI's, it's more like slog 15 overs, accumulate 25, slog 10. He could do the accumulating.

I didn't see the 20/20's.... if he's improved then maybe try him out. What's there to lose, can't be worse then Giles!

ReputationRep:
    hmm - I agree you need an accumulator in the middle, but I would rather have someone like collingwood there who would look to score at every available opportunity, rather than someone who plays a conservative test style game - you can attack without slogging, and thats perfect middle order play - I think vaughan is good at this too - but, I simply wouldn't want bell in the side because he would feel less comfortable if he needed to score very quickly compared to someone who does it regularly.
    This, as you say, is also the reason he deserves to be in the test side!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Well exactly, give us a chance to play against your spin. Like I said, we already improved. Kaneria with no wickets, and a draw instead of a loss.
    Its Englands fault for not having quality spinners !

hmm - I agree you need an accumulator in the middle, but I would rather have someone like collingwood there who would look to score at every available opportunity, rather than someone who plays a conservative test style game - you can attack without slogging, and thats perfect middle order play - I think vaughan is good at this too - but, I simply wouldn't want bell in the side because he would feel less comfortable if he needed to score very quickly compared to someone who does it regularly.
    This, as you say, is also the reason he deserves to be in the test side!
    Well if we need to score fast we could always bump up Flintoff and Pietersen...

--------------

Its Englands fault for not having quality spinners !
    I think that after the ashes craze, and Warne being one of the best parts of the ashes a lot of people will take to spin. Hopefully soon we'll get some up and coming spinners.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, what about phil tufnell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledzep15)
    I disagree, what about phil tufnell?
    Thats the past !

We are focussing on the present !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    listen shabsy - i yake ur point about saeed anwar getting a pair, but atleat he looked like a batsmen , the shots raza has played - were appaling.

in the 1st test 1st innings he was playning a backfoot drive to a half volley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !. poor technique im afraid , kamal would be much better !!!

you are embracing yourself, if you dnt have any cricket knowledge please keep your mouth shut.

btw, your spelling is awfull.

(Original post by shaby)
    you are embracing yourself, if you dnt have any cricket knowledge please keep your mouth shut.

btw, your spelling is awfull.
    Stop bringing negativity into the cricket thread.

Also, saying he's embracing himself implies he's hugging himself or something. I think you mean embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Ironic then, that he should criticise someone else's spelling. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Socrates)
    Ironic then, that he should criticise someone else's spelling. :rolleyes:
    Yup, there's also typos and grammar errors.... but I wont get into all that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    theres a difference in making typos and spelling mistakes.

btw can you explain how you look like a batsmen when you make a pair. that doesnt really make sense. even akter looks like a batsmen when he bats.

and raza has shown his solid technique against australia, one bad match doesnt prove nothing, even bradman had a bad match.

(Original post by shaby)
    theres a difference in making typos and spelling mistakes.

btw can you explain how you look like a batsmen when you make a pair. that doesnt really make sense. even akter looks like a batsmen when he bats.

and raza has shown his solid technique against australia, one bad match doesnt prove nothing, even bradman had a bad match.
    Well yeah, but saying the wrong word is quite a big mistake. :p:

It looks like you need two new players anyway with Khan out, so wouldn't you have both?

ReputationRep:
    you were asking for it really...
    (Original post by Captain Colon)
    There is a difference in making typos and spelling mistakes.

btw, can you explain how you (look?) like a batsmen when you make a pair. that doesnt really make sense. Even Akhtar looks like a batsmen when he bats.

And Raza has shown his solid technique against Australia, one bad match doesnt prove anything - even Bradman had a bad match.

ReputationRep:
    Lets not argue over spelling mistakes !

& with Raza he needs Time and Experience ! He did play bad shots it dosent mean he should never be given a chance !

ReputationRep:
    This is not an English Language and Grammer critique class neither does it require language perfection ! As long as most ppl understand we are fine !

ReputationRep:
    This is not an English Language and Grammer critique class neither does it require language perfection ! As long as most ppl understand we are fine !
    True

Let's keep the discussion about cricket, people!

Should Balckwell replace Giles in tests? :eek:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.