Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think we (India) should be fine batting out one day.

England just dont have the quality spinners like we did. Harbhajan and Kumble did the bulk of the work whereas the England seamers and going to have to for them.

I'm hoping and praying that Sachin produces one of his amazing innings....im stayting home to watch it! He's due for a big score and hopefully can pull it off tomorrow.

It also should be interesting to see Sehwag at number 7, to see how he goes about his batting.(Hopefully he wont even get in though) Expansive strokeplay or just trying to stay there?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajivdn)
    I think we (India) should be fine batting out one day.

England just dont have the quality spinners like we did. Harbhajan and Kumble did the bulk of the work whereas the England seamers and going to have to for them.

I'm hoping and praying that Sachin produces one of his amazing innings....im stayting home to watch it! He's due for a big score and hopefully can pull it off tomorrow.

It also should be interesting to see Sehwag at number 7, to see how he goes about his batting.(Hopefully he wont even get in though) Expansive strokeplay or just trying to stay there?!?!?
    im pretty sure shewag will have to play a big role as england should get a few wickets here and there. Something tells me its more in englands favour, tho the batsmen just need to be cautious and play the innings of their life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    And you got debater of the year!!! Thats rubbish cos a batsman can can be averaging 50 which would be more than anyone else in the team and certainly wouldnt be dropped and ganguly having scored 15,000 runs shows he can do it and hes still young (33).

Anyway on to more important issues, why we didnt chose an extra batsmen and trying to get a draw out of this game, unless theres some spectacular bowling by india 2moro.
    33 is young? Whats up with your maths dude? Ganguly has scored 5000 and something runs (we're chatting Tests, I reckon his ODI form has been ok)

Picking an extra batsman is negative. You need 20 wickets to win a Test.

ReputationRep:
    3rd test is over, England level the series winning by 212 runs as India are bowled out for 100 exactly.

I think a draw was the right result to be honest. England would consider themeselves unlucky not to have won at least one test match in the sub-continent after being in so many commanding positions.

Udal finishes with 4-14, good figures for somebody who has been under pressure for most of this tour.

ReputationRep:
    Yep knew this series would be a draw from the start and it was obvious england were gona win on the last day given indias batting position.

ReputationRep:
    quite franking disturbing the way india collapsed after dravid got out. admittedly he's probably their best atm but its too similar to the way india used to collapse after tendulkar got out back in the day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    quite franking disturbing the way india collapsed after dravid got out. admittedly he's probably their best atm but its too similar to the way india used to collapse after tendulkar got out back in the day...
    Yeah. Still credit to England where it's due - they bowled well, and deserved the win today. Still, I can't believe that Dravid put England into bat after winning the toss - I said this at the time in this thread about how people who have batted first have only lost 4 times out of 17 (or something like that) - silly decsion!

Still, hopefully we'll get some entertaining ODIs, however I'm disappointed and worried that Tendulkar is out of them due to needing more surgery.

(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Yeah. Still credit to England where it's due - they bowled well, and deserved the win today. Still, I can't believe that Dravid put England into bat after winning the toss - I said this at the time in this thread about how people who have batted first have only lost 4 times out of 17 (or something like that) - silly decsion!

Still, hopefully we'll get some entertaining ODIs, however I'm disappointed and worried that Tendulkar is out of them due to needing more surgery.
    It was the same decision by Ponting which won us the Ashes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    It was the same decision by Ponting which won us the Ashes...
    Indeed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    True - he deserves better. I feel the rest of his career is bound to be dotted with such injuries - minor or otherwise. I wanna watch some of (and Lara's) older matches, anyone know how I can do so? I can't find any videos/DVDs to buy anywhere. I understand cricket doesn't translate into video very well because of its length but I was still hoping.

And on a completely different topic - I'm the only one who sympathises with Dhoni's antics on monday. It was obvious they were gonna lose so why not go for a few slogs?

ReputationRep:
    No i agree with you on Dhoni's style of batting, he probably would have got out earlier if he tried blocking everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazi Puji)
    No i agree with you on Dhoni's style of batting, he probably would have got out earlier if he tried blocking everything.
    I really dont think Dhoni should be in the Indian test side. He is a taletned batsman but his keeping leaves a lot to be desried and he cant be rellied upon as the last test showed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T'INTERNET_USER)
    I really dont think Dhoni should be in the Indian test side. He is a taletned batsman but his keeping leaves a lot to be desried and he cant be rellied upon as the last test showed.
    But who else do India have in reserve? Parthiv Patel? Yeah right! Plus Dhoni has been doing very well in ODIs, and has been adequate with the bat in Tests thus far - we need to give him a longer run to see how he adapts before writing him off so quickly - that's how a team gets stability and people get some experience.

ReputationRep:
    And I remember Dhoni scoring a rapid 148 against Pakistan worthy of some praise even if it was a flat wicket. He deserves a bit longer seeing as he can turn it on some days and when he does...

ReputationRep:
    KKD Karthik is a better keeper and a decent bat too.

Dhoni is only preferred because he is 'the new Sehwag'. His keeping distinctly ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    KKD Karthik is a better keeper and a decent bat too.

Dhoni is only preferred because he is 'the new Sehwag'. His keeping distinctly ordinary.
    Yeah, he's a better keeper, but he's not a great bat. Give Dhoni time and see how he does - he's been great with the bat in the one-dayers, and has been better with his keeping in them as well - perhaps he just doesn't have the patience for the longer version of the game, but i still think that india need to give him a decent run.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched today's game?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I'm very happy that India won after posting such a low total - great match for Harbhajan Singh - 5 wickets and scoring 37, which was the top-score on the Indian team - excellent allround performance. :top:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch it too but it's good to see Harbhajan striking back. Overall, England had a horrible day with the bat...I'm surprised they didn't bag this one.

Bloody England always good for a shambolic collapse.

I turned to the Aussie game when we lost 2 in a row.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.