Turn on thread page Beta

The Cricket Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Braaaaaaaaaaaap ! 3-0 !!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Aus vs SA on knife edge - 44 wickets needed by Aus, 4 wickets needed by SA...
    Everyone says that but it was obvious yesterday that Aus would win. You'd fancy any team to get those runs pretty easily to be fair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    Everyone says that but it was obvious yesterday that Aus would win. You'd fancy any team to get those runs pretty easily to be fair...
    Well it was on the edge, if Martyn had got out quickly, SA would have fancied their chances.

ReputationRep:
    India rulz.. there is no comparison.. all these british fans say they dont have Trescothick, Jones etc....

Add their runs up (entire team) , multiply it by two and uve got a nu,mber less than Sachin tendulkar's runs.. thats how good he is, and he isnt there

BTW, whats the best that geriant Jones is gonna be kicked out? he let two runs away when the ball went straight to him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Kung_Fu)
    BTW, whats the best that geriant Jones is gonna be kicked out? he let two runs away when the ball went straight to him...
    Lol that was funny as. I don't blame him for not thinking they would run but that was cheeky running at its best! as botham said: "that's called rubbing salt in a wound":p:

ReputationRep:
    England need Gough back!!!:toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    "Hoggard is being milked like a knackered old cow. Pathan climbs into a pull shot to bring up another boundary."

whoever the beeb have doing cricket on their website is a full on legend!

ReputationRep:
    Better than the Sky commentators that's for sure! Atherton just puts me to sleep. Deano's the only one with some life in him...god! Can't we have some legends like Benaud back just till the world cup?!

ReputationRep:
    England need Gough back!!!

ReputationRep:
    ouch....4-0....still miserable performances by both teams....just India performed a little bit better....

ReputationRep:
    Oh well. It's Test matches that really matter; ODIs don't really count for as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    Oh well. It's Test matches that really matter; ODIs don't really count for as much.
    I suppose the World Cup is worthless then?
    (Original post by Singh_87)
    still miserable performances by both teams
    huh? how did ind perform miserably? a little complacent near the end, yes...

ReputationRep:
    ODIs do count for alot! That is where the real pressure lies, instead of just defending the ball for about 5 days, like test matches...and, yes, sorry i do agree with you, india didnt perform bad...i just thought batting wise, we could have made the score in a shorter time, and with less wickets being lost...if you understand me? they wernt miserable, as I described earlier, sorry, but you know what I mean !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I think English fans only say that because our ODI team is **** and our Test team is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_87)
    ODIs do count for alot! That is where the real pressure lies, instead of just defending the ball for about 5 days, like test matches...and, yes, sorry i do agree with you, india didnt perform bad...i just thought batting wise, we could have made the score in a shorter time, and with less wickets being lost...if you understand me? they wernt miserable, as I described earlier, sorry, but you know what I mean !
    Yeah, no worries I see what you mean. But I think they were just trying to cruise rather than have a frenzied attack and risk losing wickets (which they lost anyway! lol) But overall I think they would have been comfortable chasing anything around 260 seeing as Yuvraj was just taking the piss with some of those shots at the end!!! That defensive prod that flew to the long off boundary off Anderson was just funny - even the batsman didn't expect that! Dhoni/Powar/Harbhajan didn't really get going so plenty of firepower left.

Worried about Sehwag tho, he'd better get a 50/100 under his belt in the next three games or he's gonna feel the pressure himself let alone the management. Annoys me that he couldn't be bothered to run a few singles before trying to take Blackwell on - lazy *******! :p:

Nonetheless, bring on the brown-wash!

(Original post by Socrates)
    I think English fans only say that because our ODI team is **** and our Test team is quite good.
    So true

ReputationRep:
    As they say test matches are the true test!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the World Cup is worthless then?
    I didn't say that they were worthless! All I meant was, that on a tour it's the Tests that people tend to remember, not the ODIs.

ReputationRep:
    Nonetheless, bring on the brown-wash!
    Lolzzzzzzz...that was beautiful ! :P

ReputationRep:
    Chin up Guys

Look i Know it can't get worse but think of the injuries we have at the moment, 5-6 of the first team squad are out. Im going to get ripped for this but i genuinely belive that we can win the world cup with a bit more work, just think back to the Champions Trophy plus its in the Windies so suits are pace attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
    Chin up Guys
    Im going to get ripped for this but i genuinely belive that we can win the world cup with a bit more work
    :eek: I don't even know where to begin...
    lol, nah I see your point about windies pitches but then south african pitches aren't exactly bad for pacemen and end didn't do too well in 2003. ln the end ODIs are a batsman's game with the bowlers just playing a containing role. Aussies still favourites. SA second maybe and then 3/4 other possible contenders.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.