Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yh me too, but they are very good

I think England are going to win though

ReputationRep:
    I think their poblem is lack of enough experinced bowlers. Murali and Vaas are fine but they need to think about the others again

ReputationRep:
    ok

i think im going to get off now and do some reivosn

bye for now

and take care

ReputationRep:
    well, you could go here puji!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=224958
    thanks for voting for me :p:
    if im MP, ill keep that im mind

ReputationRep:
    woho! englands going to win! yeh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    aww thanks asian_cuty :p:
    i hope i drive a hard enough bargain in the elections!
    rep coming your way!
    but you'll have to wait; as i have to spread some rep around before i rep you again
    hahaha AYAN dont worry abt rep man...ive rinsed u enuf..and plus u deserve something good for setting up this society!!

wooo englands gon win!!! and i have a £5 bet on them wiv ma mate!! bring on the cash hehe

ReputationRep:
    Any more members added then people??
    If my mates were registered on this site...theyd up for it no doubt!!

Krazy_puji...cute smile in ya pic yaar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    anyhoo, Geoffrey Boycott on C5 last night commented that he thought Vaughan, when fit, was the best captain in the world. That seems influenced by the recent ashes success and that alone to be fair, so I was wondering what you lot think. Fleming imo is still top notch is he not?
    Nah, I reckon that Ponting is probably the best captain in the world at the moment - he inspires his troops to higher standards and generally leads from the front with. An excellent batsman and a very good captain. After him, I'd probably have to say that Dravid has had a gem of a start to his captaincy career (although it's still probably too early to tell as of yet - I guess the real challenges will be when they play on 'proper' foreign soil, not just in the subcontinent), and is very close to being the perfect cricketer - dignified, quietly confident, smart, etc and someone who also inspires their team to perform better. I really don't think that Vaughan is that good a captain.

ReputationRep:
    Ponting is fortunate to have such a good team, though his captaincy in the Ashes (when missing McGrath and things not going to plan) was ordinary to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends how you look at is...as far as in-field strategy are concerned, I think vaughan is a good call...look at the unusual but amazingly effective fields set for hayden in the ashes...but, I agree - he doesn't have the aggresive captaining spirit of ponting, or smith when he was captain, or the way warne would have been had he been australia captain - which he should have been.

It could just be that Vaughan is from yorkshire though

ReputationRep:
    the way warne would have been had he been australia captain - which he should have been.
    Could have been if he had managed his off the field antics better.

ReputationRep:
    Yep...shame really - he's been a fantastic captain for hampshire, and he apparently has a ridiculously good cricketing brain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Yep...shame really - he's been a fantastic captain for hampshire, and he apparently has a ridiculously good cricketing brain...
    Yeah, he has been an excellent captain, and does have a great cricketing brain - knows the psychology of the game very well now, having spent years enticing players into playing flase strokes - a true cricketing genius. Anyhows, I couldn't give two SHIrTs about his off-field antics - I think that he could have and would have been both a worthy and very able successor to Steve Waugh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but in Australia cricketers are the equivalent of footballers here, so its a major deal...I agree though - a real shame.
    It is true that a good spin battle is as much mental as physical, and thats the finer points of english derived sports that many dont understand, e.g., in America - look at snooker - the best games are the tactical ones...

(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    :five:

Exactly - there's nothing wrong with this thread. The 'Cricket Soc' will do much the same as this very thread, except that some guy will now feel like a hero as he's in charge of it.
    I'm a hero!

Anyway, good cricketing day for England, need to pose at least 400 now (easy from here), hopefully 500 and then declare before tea. Can be done since we have some quick hitters in the side. Or bat out sensibly and go for follow on.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I would like to see a very quick century from a couple of the guys out there...maybe if pietersen and collingwood get going it could be 500 before tea...and then bat on to end of play and hope to make 700 :eek: yea - I'm an optimist...but then we could possibly bowl them out twice without needing to send in for the second innings - it would certainly set a massive precident for the series to come.

And - yes...destroy the cricket soc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'm a hero!
    Well, that's not quite what I said, but if it makes you feel happy then that's fine by me. :yy:

And yes, the Cricket Soc is pointless as anything, as biker and I have already said a number of times, however the narrow minded founder doesn't seem to want to yield to logic - silly boy!

ReputationRep:
    Can we have a "lets"destroy the cricket soc" soc"...

(Original post by bikerx23)
    Hmm...I would like to see a very quick century from a couple of the guys out there...maybe if pietersen and collingwood get going it could be 500 before tea...and then bat on to end of play and hope to make 700 :eek: yea - I'm an optimist...but then we could possibly bowl them out twice without needing to send in for the second innings - it would certainly set a massive precident for the series to come.

And - yes...destroy the cricket soc.
    LOL, you are optimistic. I wouldn't expect anything over 600, that would be good enough for me easily! I think 600 should be enough to earn the follow on if we play well. Maybe even 500 which is definitely more realistic. I hope Hoggard gets out quickly tomorrow, so we can get on with some scoring.

I just read some of the chicket society thing, it's just chat and hardly anything about cricket. I'm not sure I do want it merged into here anymore unless they actually discuss cricket. Otherwise they can just go to the chat forum.

Murali's a fookin' magician. Wanna see something special from him, although an England win.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.