Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey crickees!
    whose betting against england?
    tell you what, lets make this bet official.
    the odds, 5-1 (in favor of england)
    i'll ask the leaders to rep the winners :p:

ReputationRep:
    Infact:
    1. Whose going to be the top scorer?
    2. Whose going to take the most wickets?
    3. Who will be the man-of- the match?
    4. Who will hit the most boundaries?
    5. Who will hit the most sixes?

Now guys, this is an OFFICIAL competition! Post your answers. If your right, you get repped :p:
    The 'draw' closes after the end of the 2nd session on the 4th day.
    Cheers!
    Ayaz

ReputationRep:
    Third password - rocket

ReputationRep:
    1. Flintoff
    2. Flintoff
    3. Flintoff
    4. Flintoff
    5. Flintoff

ReputationRep:
    If England can force the follow on they've essentially won...if not anything could happen...

ReputationRep:
    Woah! ok Nuheen your not going to change your nominations :p:
    keep a record of what others say will ya?
    the same goes for you rahmara

ReputationRep:
    hmmm Sri Lanka are looking rough these days, along with West Indies...imo there are only 5 major teams in cricket: India Austrailia Pakistan England and Safrica, the world cup is in between these teams!

(Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    hmmm Sri Lanka are looking rough these days, along with West Indies...imo there are only 5 major teams in cricket: India Austrailia Pakistan England and Safrica, the world cup is in between these teams!
    New Zealand?

The world cups in W.Indies, so England might win, Australia probably will, or S.Africa.

Anyway, 0, 0, 0 in the middle order, as long as there isn't much rain England have this in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    West Indies are still a fairly good 1 day side though, so you cant rule them out to the same extent. Once they have all their politics.etc., sorted they should be on good form.
    Coincidentally, my barber today is the cousin of one of the guys playing for WI on sunday (called Taylor).

ReputationRep:
    Sri lankas going to loose!
    Freddie is the man of the series :p:

ReputationRep:
    asian_cuty, you forget newzealand.

(Original post by bikerx23)
    West Indies are still a fairly good 1 day side though, so you cant rule them out to the same extent. Once they have all their politics.etc., sorted they should be on good form.
    Coincidentally, my barber today is the cousin of one of the guys playing for WI on sunday (called Taylor).
    They can't touch their old side, and can't beat the top teams.

(Original post by A Y A Z)
    Sri lankas going to loose!
    Freddie is the man of the series
    Man of the series... after 2 days of play? :confused:

Maybe man of the game so far, but even then I would disagree. Tresco and Pieterson obvious choices. Freddie best bowler and somehow no wickets, Hoggie second best, then man with 3 didn't actually bowl very well, just quick - but that guys got potential, Plunkett must be hating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Freddie is the man of the series :p:
    After scoring a reasonable amount, making a dubiously timed declaration and taking none of the 6 extremely easy wickets on offer? Oh yes...quite clearly the man of the series :rolleyes: or perhaps it is a little bit too early to tell eh...

(Original post by bikerx23)
    After scoring a reasonable amount, making a dubiously timed declaration and taking none of the 6 extremely easy wickets on offer? Oh yes...quite clearly the man of the series :rolleyes: or perhaps it is a little bit too early to tell eh...
    Incredibly unfair, with batting he scored quickly and was not out, so can't comment on that score.

Did you see the bowling itself or just the figures? He definitely bowled the best.

As for the decleration, 6 wickets at the end of the day says it all, perfectly times, could have been sooner. He knew there was cloud cover for Hoggards swing (openers both out to it) and that it might rain this weekend.

I agree he doesn't deserve man of the game so far (man of series must have been a slip up, he must have meant match) but he certainly hasn't done anything wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Yea - I dont actually think that, was just using it to refute the idiocy of the other bloke...

I listened to it on the radio and heard he was turning them inside out with almost every delivery.

I still think the declaration shouldn't have coincided with tea to make it easier upon the sri lankans...obviously that wasn't required in the end, but still...

ReputationRep:
    whats up with the bloody declaration tho? at least make some runs when the goings good...
    91/6 is a travesty.

(Original post by biggie-n)
    whats up with the bloody declaration tho? at least make some runs when the goings good...
    91/6 is a travesty.
    A. We had enough.
    B. Conditions favouring our bowlers, good chance for early wickets, and this worked.
    C. Rain forecast, we need to get on with it or they can play for a draw easily.

We're not going to LOSE, it's about winning instead of drawing, and declaring is obviously the way to go about it.

How can people complain about the decleration when Sri Lanka need a miracle to save the follow on?!

ReputationRep:
    Saj is brilliant, and to think he's Amir Khan's cousin :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think the declaration looks well timed in light of the weather over the next three days and with Sri Lanka at 91-6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    The world cups in W.Indies, so England might win, Australia probably will, or S.Africa..
    I think that India deinitely have a good a chance as South Africa at winning the World Cup - they're just about to play a one day series (and then some tests) there, so will have a good early feel for the conditions and pitches. Their recent form has been stunning (although admittedly they have only played in the sub continent, and then the pair of tsunami fundraising matches in Abu Dhabi), but they're become a far more dynamic team, especially since Yuvraj has matured as a more responsible batsman and Dhoni has injected some fire into the team. Still, I still reckon that their success in the World Cup depends on Tendulkar (although to a much lesser degree these days than in times gone by) if his records from the previous World Cup are anything to go by.

I also reckon that New Zealand and Pakistan are in with a decent chance as well, but I still think that Australia are firmly the favourites - gits!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.