Turn on thread page Beta

Governments dont listen to protests watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    I was going to snap at your ignorance but as I'm in a good mood, I shall try and educate you.

When a public sector worker loses his job, he has less money which means he will spend less. He will have to dismiss the child minder who looks after his children, cancel the extension the local builder was going to do for him, he'll go to the local pub less because beer is more expensive, so the landlord will have to put up the price to compensate for the lack of custom.

You see the public sector cuts will create a domino effect, and a lot of private sector workers will find themselves out of the job too and that's when things will start to get interesting.
    Rubbish...we've got our own business and none of our customers work for the public sector.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    Rubbish...we've got our own business and none of our customers work for the public sector.
    Seems I was wasting my breath in trying to educate you, guess some people are just beyond hope.

Maybe you'll grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    Seems I was wasting my breath in trying to educate you, guess some people are just beyond hope.

Maybe you'll grow out of it.
    Yer i feel sorry for you your just too far gone

ReputationRep:
    No government listens to protests and theyre not going to change their whole economic policy by listening to a protest liek the one on saturday which was totally irrelevant. We need more deeper cuts to make this work. Even if the governement do change things they just wait until it quites down then when know1's watching they do it anyways. So to anarchists, unions and everyone your totally wasting your time because its not going to change anything.
    Look up the 'Poll Tax Riots' of the Thatcher administration.

Governments do take protests into account. It's just that you're a retard, thinking that every man and his dog who marches in London should have the law changed according to his views.

Next.

ReputationRep:
    Right. Because nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc etc do not need food, or housing, or luxuries etc etc :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ_Black)
    Look up the 'Poll Tax Riots' of the Thatcher administration.

Governments do take protests into account. It's just that you're a retard, thinking that every man and his dog who marches in London should have the law changed according to his views.

Next.
    The poll tax riots didnt work...have u heard of council tax it came in 6 month after the poll tax riots after it calmed down. That is poll tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Right. Because nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc etc do not need food, or housing, or luxuries etc etc :rolleyes:
    well i tell a lie we had a woman and her daughter in today who worked for the council and they want to buy a motor home with the redundancy money because they might be losing their house.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.