This discussion is closed.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh, and let me add to mathematicians Leonardo Pisano Fibonacci.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
That is a good achievemnt but he stills not closer to da Vinci.

Anyway I got a comment on that and is Gottfried Leibniz.
I think you'll find that you are incredibly wrong - it was not a 'good achievement', but a fundamental discovery. What are Da Vinci's comparable feats?

Ben
Satan
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
JUST face it ENGLAND is the best country in the world, while it may not be the most advanced or the biggest in the world it has the best balance of skilled workers and technology and an idol to the world.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Satan)
JUST face it ENGLAND is the best country in the world, while it may not be the most advanced or the biggest in the world it has the best balance of skilled workers and technology and an idol to the world.
I don't think so. Wich idol?
I wouldn't change Rome for any other city in the world.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is so childish, but still so tempting...

Some great scientists who changed the world: Isaac Newton, Brunel, Darwin, Francis Crick, Francis Bacon, Babbage...

Great writers: Shakespeare, Dickens, Orwell, Tennyson, Shelley, Chaucer, Milton...

There are so many more in each category but frankly I'm bored and have things to do and places to go.

This thread was about your grievances with the British, wasn't it? Not about who produced the better people?

Your grievances are mostly about things that happened many years, if not centuries, ago. We could just as easily point out which side Italy was on during both world wars - well, until they gave up and swapped sides, anyway. Are you proud of Mussolini? My, he was a great man.

The only grievance which I can agree with now as worthwhile is the Iraq thing. Yeah, I think Britain was wrong there too. But I don't really think it's worth knocking down the entire British population for it, especially as most of us were opposed to the war and, importantly, showed it. Oh, and by the way - the Falklands were invaded. Why were we wrong to protect our own? Especially as, I believe, the people in the Falklands wanted to stay British...
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
This is so childish, but still so tempting...

Some great scientists who changed the world: Isaac Newton, Brunel, Darwin, Francis Crick, Francis Bacon, Babbage...

Great writers: Shakespeare, Dickens, Orwell, Tennyson, Shelley, Chaucer, Milton...

There are so many more in each category but frankly I'm bored and have things to do and places to go.

This thread was about your grievances with the British, wasn't it? Not about who produced the better people?

Your grievances are mostly about things that happened many years, if not centuries, ago. We could just as easily point out which side Italy was on during both world wars - well, until they gave up and swapped sides, anyway. Are you proud of Mussolini? My, he was a great man.

The only grievance which I can agree with now as worthwhile is the Iraq thing. Yeah, I think Britain was wrong there too. But I don't really think it's worth knocking down the entire British population for it, especially as most of us were opposed to the war and, importantly, showed it. Oh, and by the way - the Falklands were invaded. Why were we wrong to protect our own? Especially as, I believe, the people in the Falklands wanted to stay British...
It started as that but someone says that I was bitter about that England ruled the world some time ago and 'my countries' not.
So I stated that I'm an italian citizen and there all goes up.
I'm not proud of Mussolini of course I'm not.

Those little islands are toooo far away from England.

And I also have a list of more people ...
Olinto DePretto
Antonio Meucci
Alessandro Volta
Guglielmo Marconi
Dante Aligheri
Michelangelo
Donatello
Raphael
Giovanni Caboto
Cesare Beccaria
Guido Cavalcanti
Virgil
Thomas Aquinas
Petrarch
Giovanni Boccaccio
Giosuè Carducci
Pietro Mascagni
Giacomo Puccini
Giussepe Verdi

We can say names till the end of times...

ADDING : Also you can see how the guy that said that Italy were only know by making pizza changed his statement to NOW insted of KNOW.
That makes my point pretty good, I'm out for lunch.
Bye.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It started as that but someone says that I was bitter about that England ruled the world some time ago and 'my countries' not.
So I stated that I'm an italian citizen and there all goes up.
I'm not proud of Mussolini of course I'm not.

Those little islands are toooo far away from England.

And I also have a list of more people ...
Olinto DePretto
Antonio Meucci
Alessandro Volta
Guglielmo Marconi
Dante Aligheri
Michelangelo
Donatello
Raphael
Giovanni Caboto
Cesare Beccaria
Guido Cavalcanti
Virgil
Thomas Aquinas
Petrarch
Giovanni Boccaccio
Giosuè Carducci
Pietro Mascagni
Giacomo Puccini
Giussepe Verdi

We can say names till the end of times...
So, what's your point? I could sit here all day listing hundreds and hundreds of "Great Brits" in every possible category.

If you have a grievance then go ahead and "spit it out" so that someone can address it. Otherwise, shut your mouth.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
So, what's your point? I could sit here all day listing hundreds and hundreds of "Great Brits" in every possible category.

If you have a grievance then go ahead and "spit it out" so that someone can address it. Otherwise, shut your mouth.
I already did, but somebody pointed out (and the cowardly changed the post) that Italy is only know for pizza.
So shut up.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
I don't think so. Wich idol?
I wouldn't change Rome for any other city in the world.
Italy is the most corrupt country in the western world.

Your Prime Minister owns most of the media so there can be no critics of the government, you call that a good country?
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)
Italy is the most corrupt country in the western world.

Your Prime Minister owns most of the media so there can be no critics of the government, you call that a good country?
And all the middle eastern countries do exactly the same thing yet eternal idol criticises us for removing afghanistan and iraqs government (though i admit that liberating the people was low on britains initial agenda)
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I already did, but somebody pointed out (and the cowardly changed the post) that Italy is only know for pizza.
So shut up.
Well, flicking back through your worthless posts it seems that your grievences are as follows;

"..........like mcarthysm or vietnam, northern ireland, india, falklands, etc..."

Quite why you should have a grievence about any of those issues beats me because as an Italian I shouldn't have thought it had much to do with you.

However.

"McCarthyism", or McCarthy's communist witchhunts occurred in......erm......the USA.

Vietnam...........erm........... Britain didn't take part in the Vietnam (though in my view it should have)

Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is a part of Britain. The MAJORITY of the population are protestant folks who consider themselves British and want to remain a part of Britain.

Falklands. An example of Britain defending an overseas dependency, again populated by people who consider themselves British, and not Argentinian. Imagine Sicily being invaded by a foreign power. Would the Italian government sit with their thumbs up their asses?

India. An example of British colonialism. Just like Italian colonization of.......erm..........Ethiopia.. ......

I really don't see how any citizen of a country that founded modern day fascism has much to bark about.

So, stop making a ****** out of yourself in public.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So shut up.
"Cowardly" Ha! That's rich coming from an Italian who let's face it aren't exactly known for bravery in combat.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
So shut up.
Why are you supporting Italy when you say that you feel Argentinean, is it because you know that Argentina has nothing to be proud of.

You stir up feelings of hate towards us by saying that everything Italy has done has always better than what we have done and whatever we have done has been wrong, was it wrong to free you from the Nazis at the end of World War 2?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why are you supporting Italy when you say that you feel Argentinean, is it because you know that Argentina has nothing to be proud of.

You stir up feelings of hate towards us by saying that everything Italy has done has always better than what we have done and whatever we have done has been wrong, was it wrong to free you from the Nazis at the end of World War 2?
Just read the whole thread.

I'm not going to discuss anymore,I don't have the time.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Cowardly" Ha! That's rich coming from an Italian who let's face it aren't exactly known for bravery in combat.
Anywhere anytime, I'm waiting for your call.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Well, they supported the Nazis. It's just they changed sides once they realized they were about to get their ass kicked.

The reason why Eternal Idol say's he feels Argentinian is because he probably is both. One of the largest ever migrations of people occurred at the turn of the 20th century when over a million Italians emigrated to Argentina which at that time was one of the most powerful and richest countries on the planet.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, they supported the Nazis. It's just they changed sides once they realized they were about to get their ass kicked.

The reason why Eternal Idol say's he feels Argentinian is because he probably is both. One of the largest ever migrations of people occurred at the turn of the 20th century when over a million Italians emigrated to Argentina which at that time was one of the most powerful and richest countries on the planet.
Peron, our president in that time like the fascist policies. Argentina was neutral the whole world except two days before the end when Peron cowardly declared the war to Germany.

I'm both and I played the Italian card because someone said that I was bitter because 'my countries' never ruled the world, so Roman Empire was my answer.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Peron, our president in that time like the fascist policies.
Absolutely! That's why Argentina gave safe harbor to so many Nazi's after WWII.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Absolutely! That's why Argentina gave safe harbor to so many Nazi's after WWII.
Yep, my country did it and I'm not too arrogant to deny it.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, my country did it and I'm not too arrogant to deny it.
Well, it seems all your grievances have rather withered on the vine havn't they as I responded to each of your "moans and groans" a few posts above but didn't get a response.

We've since established that Rome too had a vast imperial Empire, that Italy saw the founding of modern fascism, that Italy changed sides during WWII to avert defeat, and now, that Argentina happily harbored many hundreds of fleeing Nazis.

See my point? I think we could name almost any country in the world and point out any number of things we find distasteful about that country. So what?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads