The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benno1323
Hi guys,

does anyone of you know any private accomodation you would recommend?

Best!

Blackfriars is quite popular. I would avoid that new one (fresh student living or something like that). They have 600 bedrooms and only 4 tv rooms and 1 laundry room!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 21
I just got the accommodation offer of Andrew Ure Hall, but I'm still wondering if I should look for another room. some students said that because no one clean the public place, if you have some horrible roommates, that will be a problem. and plus the accommodation fee doesn't include bills. are there anyone who have some experiences in living in Andrew Ure Hall? Pls give me some opinions, thanks!:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by MGZJ
I just got the accommodation offer of Andrew Ure Hall, but I'm still wondering if I should look for another room. some students said that because no one clean the public place, if you have some horrible roommates, that will be a problem. and plus the accommodation fee doesn't include bills. are there anyone who have some experiences in living in Andrew Ure Hall? Pls give me some opinions, thanks!:smile:

Hey, ive been offered Andrew Ure halls aswell...and i have the same questions you have. Really nervous about it.
Hello, I also got the offer of Andrew Ure hall which wasn't in my 3 choices.
Iv not heard the best reviews of the place and I really wanted a en suite.
Strathclyde suggested I checked out private accommodation with unite and collegelands which both look really good
Any other Undergraduates thinking of staying there instead of halls ???

Andrew
Reply 24
I got an offer from James Goold Hall.... Yeyayyyy......

I heard it is quite good too.....
Reply 25
Original post by Haaris
I got an offer from James Goold Hall.... Yeyayyyy......

I heard it is quite good too.....

James Goold Halls yay :biggrin:
Was a bit miffed how they put prices up this year though... kinda was to be expected though I guess :s-smilie:
Im also in Andrew Ure Halls, didnt want to go there but as a PGDE student they didnt give us any choice. They look terrible though and ive no idea how much heating and electric is going to cost per week!
Reply 27
So, who is gonna live in James Goold Hall this September..... ????
Reply 28
Original post by Haaris
So, who is gonna live in James Goold Hall this September..... ????

Moi :woo::woo:
Also, the only 2 people from my school that are going to Strathclyde are in these exact halls as well :biggrin:
Reply 29
Anybody who's going to live in Thomas Campbell Court - PM me :biggrin:
Reply 30
Andrew Ure for me as well, not really excited tho, haven't really heard the best reviews about it. Oh well, we'll just have to make the most of it then! :cheers:
Anyone got any clue how much the bills are going to be? Or how isolated (in good or bad :tongue:) it actually is in the end compared to the other halls?
Reply 31
Hi Guys,

Andrew Ure as well... I guess I'll look into private accomodation as all I have heard only bad comments...
I dont like also the 50 week period since there's no chance to change accomodation if I don't like it there.
Why is everyone being put in Andrew Ure?
I thought it was only for mature students/post grads?
Reply 33
Original post by Popppppy
Why is everyone being put in Andrew Ure?
I thought it was only for mature students/post grads?

I read somewhere that there should be one block just for undergrads. Though I do qualify as a mature student but I like to think that it wasn't the reason I ended up there, just that all the others were full. I'm still young at heart! :biggrin:
Original post by Drana
I read somewhere that there should be one block just for undergrads. Though I do qualify as a mature student but I like to think that it wasn't the reason I ended up there, just that all the others were full. I'm still young at heart! :biggrin:

At least you'll be close to Aldi!
The accomodation office are excellent and grouping people together into flats, so there will be a reason they've put you there! Probably they've found a group of you all they think will get on really well. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Popppppy
At least you'll be close to Aldi!
The accomodation office are excellent and grouping people together into flats, so there will be a reason they've put you there! Probably they've found a group of you all they think will get on really well. :smile:

Hope so and thanks for the reassuring words! I'm really nervous and excited about starting Uni and moving to Glasgow as well, but I have a feeling it's going to be awesome. And Andrew Ure is going to rock this year, no matter what! :h:
Reply 36
I got an offer from Patrick Thomas Court and I don't really know what to think about it. Any opinions?
Reply 37
Hi all, I'm from Australia and will be studying over in Glasgow from September for a year! But I'm not happy about my accommodation. I put in my preferences for accommodation and got Birkbeck Court!! Why did they ask for preferences if they didn't take it into account? I'm a mature age student and I'm worried that I'm not going to fit in with the other students at Birkbeck court. So far most of the reviews have been really bad, I'm worried that it's going to be all about partying (which I'm not really into).
Does anyone have specific flat details (flat number and block) or are these something we'll be given when we arrive?
I know I'm in Andrew Ure, just a little worried that I've missed a letter or email.
Reply 39
Original post by wisenoodlebox
Does anyone have specific flat details (flat number and block) or are these something we'll be given when we arrive?
I know I'm in Andrew Ure, just a little worried that I've missed a letter or email.

I assume flat details are given when you arrive, at least I hope so since all I've got so far is my occupancy agreement and it didn't have anything about flat numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending