The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Is it likely that we'll hear about accommodation before June 30th (SAAS application deadline)? It's a bit annoying not knowing because it will definitely play into how much I need to take out.

Also I live around 22 miles away, is that likely to play heavily on whether I get into halls or not (have an unconditional offer)?

Thanks to anyone that can help, watching this thread :smile:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Hoobacious
Is it likely that we'll hear about accommodation before June 30th (SAAS application deadline)? It's a bit annoying not knowing because it will definitely play into how much I need to take out.

Also I live around 22 miles away, is that likely to play heavily on whether I get into halls or not (have an unconditional offer)?

Thanks to anyone that can help, watching this thread :smile:

If there are enough people from further ahead to fill the halls, you will likely not get in. I got my offer in July last year but it can take even longer no matter when you have applied.
Hi, I am choosing the accommodation. Could you advice the best? En-suite is not important for me also. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any 1st year students at strathclyde staying at Collegelands?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey i am going to strathclyde too...anyone willing to stay outside university halls?
i am looking for a flat to share...that will be cheaper..anyone interested please let me know.
also if anyone needs a room mate..you just found me.

Thank you
Reply 425
Hi can anyone please tell me about Patrick Thomas Court? I am really confused about the accommodations. What is cheaper the uni halls or private accommodation? Also, how much do bills cost a month on average?
Reply 426
Hey, ive been doing some research on accommodation and i think i've narrowed it down to the following four. These are cheaper, as i don't mind sharing wc, but hopefully not too noisy (like Birkbeck) but still around campus.
Forbes (£95)
2. Garnett Hall (£93)
3. James Blyth and Thomas Campbell (£90)
4. Murray Hall (£91)

What order would you place these in? Are these the best value for money? If it helps il be studying mech. engineering. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 427
Original post by HungryChicken92
Any 1st year students at strathclyde staying at Collegelands?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying at collegelands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Questsolver
Hi, I am choosing the accommodation. Could you advice the best? En-suite is not important for me also. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading through the thread is a good start.

In my opinion, aim for Garnett, James Blythe or Thomas Campbell.
Reply 429
Just got confirmation of accommodation in Chancellors Hall. Looking forward to it!
Got an email confirming me for Birkbeck Court. While I'm glad that I got the offer I didn't apply for Birkbeck with any of my priorities (I applied James Goold, James Young and Chancellors) and it's definitely the hall I most dreaded getting.

Has anyone had any experience with changing halls or is it even a possibility (slim or otherwise)? I'd be happy to swap for any other openings!

I'll phone up the University tomorrow and at the very least see if change is possible though I'm not too hopeful. Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom they can share about Birkbeck?
Original post by Hoobacious
Got an email confirming me for Birkbeck Court. While I'm glad that I got the offer I didn't apply for Birkbeck with any of my priorities (I applied James Goold, James Young and Chancellors) and it's definitely the hall I most dreaded getting.

Has anyone had any experience with changing halls or is it even a possibility (slim or otherwise)? I'd be happy to swap for any other openings!

I'll phone up the University tomorrow and at the very least see if change is possible though I'm not too hopeful. Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom they can share about Birkbeck?

I'm in exactly the same position as you, I've been given Birkbeck Court but applied for James Goold, James Young and Chancellors! I emailed the university earlier asking what the reason was that I was given Birkbeck Court instead of the ones I actually applied for. In my case I think it is because I live just under 25 miles away so I think they'll have given the best halls to students who live far away though I'm not sure. I'll be interested to know what the university say to both of us about it!
I lived in Birkbeck last year, honestly I know nobody wants to get put there but it's really not as bad as it seems! The PEOPLE you are living with is way more important than WHERE you are living. If you move into birkbeck and get on with your flatmates, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT trying to move, because you could get put with people you don't get on with!

Obviously it's up to you, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Anyone going to strathclyde and staying in college lands? I have no idea where to go between collegelands and Buchanan view atm :frown: ill be first year btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 434
Staying in Thomas Campbell Court, anyone else? Also do you know when we find out what flat number etc you are?
Don't get flat number or anything until you arrive on move in day
Reply 436
Original post by laurarachelle
Don't get flat number or anything until you arrive on move in day

hey everyone, I received an offer for Thomas Campbell court. Who stays there? Please tell me what you think about it. :smile: thanks
I've been offered Thomas Campbell court, don't think I'm gonna accept it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why ? Is it really bad there? What are you gonna do now??

Original post by georgia.17
I've been offered Thomas Campbell court, don't think I'm gonna accept it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest